Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 07:41 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Did the man threaten her and with what weapon? I read nothing about him not backing off when he saw the gun. Why would she shoot him 5 times though?
To make sure he was dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Are we reading something different because I read nothing about a crowbar in the link. In fact, I am asking what weapon he used for him to be shot so many times
It matters not.

NOBODY has the right to invade your home....with or without a weapon.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:45 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
I have to tell you: If someone were coming in my window (un-invited) , or through my front door, and I felt threatened for my life, I would shoot them and empty out the gun. (if I had a gun and had training to use one).

If you don't take them down, they will take you down first.

This is my honest answer, as I live alone.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:46 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
To make sure he was dead.
He is still alive. Smart lady used the Dirty Harry tactic; forced him to stay on the ground while her and her family escaped with a gun empty of bullets. He's lucky she did not have Dirty Harry's weapon or his head would have been ripped clear off.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
I don't get the point of your link. I haven't really seen many people saying that you shouldn't have the right to protect yourself, your home or your family. I've seen people protesting certain types of guns.

As for the your premise "is this husband happy"...I mean this could easily be used by the other side. Everyday Snapped runs marathons of women who shot and kill their husbands/boyfriends, sometimes with the very weapons that the men have brought into the house to protect the family. Wife shoots husband six time...is he happy he had a gun for his wife to shoot him with?
Don't be so dramatic.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Um, when you're a burglar you go around opening closets and checking in drawers for valuables. This is typically how you find stuff you want. It is highly unlikely he was searching for people to kill when he opened that closet door. Reports don't even indicate that he had a gun or knife. Was he going to crowbar any occupants to death when any one of them could easily have a much more deadlier or bigger weapon?

Anyone who is worried about intruders or having their home broken into should simply invest in better locks, larger strike plates, surveillance cameras, shatter resistant film on windows, alarms, or just a simple sticker you can put on your window that says, "alarm" on it. If someone breaks into your house while you're at work your alarm can even notify you through your phone. These are all affordable options. Leaving your home unprotected and then purchasing a gun is stupid. You can purchase a gun if you want, but the idea is to keep burglars out of your home, not fight them once they get in because you didn't lock the door.
It's your right to be a victim.

Perhaps you'll be the one who can talk your way out of a beating by a crowbar by using psychology.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Because this is a hard lesson to be learned for criminals, if you enter my castle with intent to rob or harm me, you will die for your troubles. They are risking their life when they enter a home protected with a firearm. This will never change I assure you. Would you rather she be killed while waiting for the police? Or sniveling in the corner of her bedroom trying to dial 911? I would have done /will do the same thing and I doubt she derived some pleasure from it, she probably feels a great deal of remorse having to kill someone, you don't know us gun owners as well as you think you do, we do have feelings. Wow, I can't believe some peoples train of thought.
I don't care if you break in to clean my house. You will be asked, at gun point, to leave. If you refuse, you will leave feet first under a bloody blanket.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:04 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Maybe the bad guys and habitual criminals, will wake up to the realization, that a gun will be unloaded in their face, if they continue their crime sprees...

Old 01-06-2013, 08:05 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I don't care if you break in to clean my house. You will be asked, at gun point, to leave. If you refuse, you will leave feet first under a bloody blanket.
You have the patience of Job.
Far more than I.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:09 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Good God!

His own self was weapon enough.

You shoot 'tii you're empty.

Good Shot!

Ditto!

Some days you just plain can't fix stupid.
Dale, I bet you didn't know you were supposed to ask them what they wanted....then if you did not have what they wanted, you let them rummage around while you and your children are watching Mickey Mouse, ohhhhhhh and don't forget to offer them some popcorn and a drink....you don't want to be snobbish....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies