Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 03:42 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
The point is to show that MSM is ignoring this issue.
Ignoring this issues is what RESPONSIBLE journalist do. It isn't the job of journalist report every fracking crack pot with some crackpot idea, or theory. If that were the case, based upon my experience, you would need a single subject 10 hour broadcast or a paper as large as a Michener novel. What is the job of journalist is to separate the wheat from the chaff and and report on the wheat while tossing the chaff in the round file. Birtherism, to be polite is nothing but chaff.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:17 PM

26,570 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
While effective in stifling conversation.....
another way to stiffle a conversation is to run away when someone contradicts your beliefs by presenting the facts.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:21 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times
There is no issue. He was born in Hawaii.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:56 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
No, I'm not trolling.
This is only about Obama's eligibility in general.
It is specifically about a judge disenfranchising a citizen of their legal rights in regards to questioning Obama's eligibility.

Did you read the article?
There is no questions of his eligibility so no reason for anything to play out in a courtroom to satisfy you weird facination with it. That's all.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:33 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
If there is nothing to hide, why not let let the issue of Obama's eligibility to hold office be aired out in court so it is put to rest once and for all for everybody?

Carroll released an order today refusing to hear a request for a hearing that is allowed under state law when there are doubts about a candidate’s eligibility.

Especially when there is a legal precedence for this to occur and to deny judicial process is a violation of this citizen's rights.

- this is ridiculous,
- such-and-such has been debunked,
- people who doubt his eligibility are stupid birthers

While effective in stifling conversation and intimidating many from pursuing their concerns,the above statements are not legal arguments.

Personally I have concerns because of the lack of the president to be forthcoming in response to questions about his eligibility, comments by himself alluding to foreign origin, comments written by himself in his self-avowed 'history' as being foreign born, credible forgery challenges to documents he did release and ambiguity concerning the legal definition of a Natural Born Citizen.

I believe this man is hiding something.
I wouldn't release it if I was him either. "Prove your innocence" is something I'm against.
It's always about policy.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:50 PM

552 posts, read 738,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
There is no questions of his eligibility so no reason for anything to play out in a courtroom to satisfy you weird facination with it. That's all.
It's more then a weird fascination, it has turned into an erotic fetish. I can see the face of a birther now, frothing in excitement as he pulls up a scandalous image of a fairy tale birth certificate.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:40 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Was Bush's eligibility to hold office aired out in court? Was Clinton's? Was Papa Bush's? Was Reagan's? What were they hiding?
I know, how do we know Bush wasn't born in Mexico with his Mexican mother and then smuggled into Texas with doctored birth certificates....I know it sounds crazy, but it could of happened just like Obama was born in Kenya.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:47 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
I find it an insulting and derogatory term and believe that is the way it is commonly used.
Well there is a simple way to fix this, try to accept the president was actually born in the country and drop the nonsense and we will stop using the term "birther."

Old 01-07-2013, 06:49 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Only in the feeble cranium of BIRTHERS!

On January 4th 2013 for the second time, the Congress of the United States, meeting in joint session certified the election of Barak Hussein Obama as the President of the United States as per the Constitution. If there was a issue regarding to his birth status, this was the venue where is should have been raised. It wasn't. As a result, no federal court would ever entertain the idea of intervening in the clear and unambiguous authority of the Congress and its role in the certification of the vote taken by the Electoral College, the only other venue where a challenge to the election is properly entertained.

The Fat Lady has sung, taken off her make up, changed her cloths, travel by limousine to the port, boarded the ship and has set sail for destinations unknown.

The good ship Birther set sail four years ago and sank after leaving the harbor.
It appears the issue is still before the SCOTUS

Old 01-07-2013, 07:36 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
So... you can't tell the difference between SCOTUS and the Georgia State Supreme Court? Pathetic.

Oh and by the way... you birthers already lost this appeal. The article you linked to was from 6 months ago.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies