Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 06:46 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times

Advertisements

For some reason the media has failed to determine or even ask what kind of medications the killer, Lanza, had been on or was still on at the time of the killings. When I read the linked article I started wondering just what they may have found out if they had tried to find out what meds he was on. Maybe something more important than guns was involved.

The giant, gaping hole in Sandy Hook reporting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 06:48 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,287 times
It's never too early to take advantage of a good crises.

Another Sandy Hook Massacre Oddity. - YouTube

Old 01-06-2013, 07:29 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
Next up: (To distract everyone from the fact that twenty kids and six teachers are dead because the murderer's mother kept a small arsenal of guns at home.)

If you read the linked article you'll discover that it wasn't the guns. The media isn't reporting this but it was that those kids were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:59 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,853,744 times
Who cares what drugs this douche was on? really? this is where you see value?

Why aren't you questioning the accuracy in the media? recall they reported It was the brother that was the killer, then the brother was one of the victims, then the spree started 80 miles away. The media was sticking microphones in the faces of children .... did you have bullets whizzing by your head? ... really?

and you think they could actually determine drugs. As was once said... they couldn't find water if they fell out of a boat.

Guns rights folks should be irate at the media and the fear they are preying upon to "get a story"

I've said it before... turn the main media off, they are most of our problem

Old 01-07-2013, 07:02 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,805,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
For some reason the media has failed to determine or even ask what kind of medications the killer, Lanza, had been on or was still on at the time of the killings. When I read the linked article I started wondering just what they may have found out if they had tried to find out what meds he was on. Maybe something more important than guns was involved.

The giant, gaping hole in Sandy Hook reporting
The world nut daily is on more medications than lanza, beck, and limbaugh combined.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,703,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Who cares what drugs this douche was on? really? this is where you see value?

Why aren't you questioning the accuracy in the media? recall they reported It was the brother that was the killer, then the brother was one of the victims, then the spree started 80 miles away. The media was sticking microphones in the faces of children .... did you have bullets whizzing by your head? ... really?

and you think they could actually determine drugs. As was once said... they couldn't find water if they fell out of a boat.

Guns rights folks should be irate at the media and the fear they are preying upon to "get a story"

I've said it before... turn the main media off, they are most of our problem
Considering that the commonality of mass shootings over the past couple of decades (aside from the fact that the shooter used firearms) has been psychological medications, I care what drugs the shooter was on. I have family members that are under psychiatric treatment, and if this kind of behavior can be tied to a certain drug or certain class of drugs there is a huge concern.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:44 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Who would the media ask? His mother?

Old 01-07-2013, 07:48 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Considering that the commonality of mass shootings over the past couple of decades (aside from the fact that the shooter used firearms) has been psychological medications, I care what drugs the shooter was on. I have family members that are under psychiatric treatment, and if this kind of behavior can be tied to a certain drug or certain class of drugs there is a huge concern.
Yep, I completely agree. Anyone who asks "Who cares?" about any part of this tragedy doesn't understand just how important it is to get to the bottom of the hows & whys of the situation.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:51 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times
Point is the discussion must include a thorough review of all aspects leading up to the event.

We have been led by the nose by the media, politicians and their mascots to legislate simplistic, ineffective and essentially feel good laws that provide no practical resolution.

To approach a problem with a myopic view is to repeat failure and express an intolerable ignorance.

Chicago is the center of excellence for murder and it has very strict gun laws, a perfect example of an empty gas tank of ideas. Each moment of violence that reaches nationwide news has the same conclusion.....stricter gun laws. Meanwhile daily murders in Chicago, Newark and elsewhere remain as provincial news and go unattended.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:40 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,923,967 times
America has been steadily winding down civilization and we presently at the point where perfectly good roads are being pulverized back to unpaved dirt because there isn't any money for ongoing road maintenance. Teachers are being laid of by the tens of thousands and hospitals are closing because they kill more people through hospital acquired infections than they cure. Infant mortality is worse in the U.S. than Bangladesh. Overall life expectancy is behind Cuba... ... is this really the time to care about the mentally ill? I mean... all those closed mental hospitals? Weren't they closed for a reason? Like maybe we can't afford them? Armed marshals protecting schools? ??? I mean... we can't afford teachers... how can we pay marshals? Why not close the schools? Problem solved.

Cancer won't be cured with a drug. Cancer will only be cured when humanity gets serious about industrial pollution. Mental illness won't be cured with medications or hospitalization. Mental illness will only be cured when America gets serious about the widening gaps between the socio-economic classes. Do you imagine you could keep a horse or bull or other large animal from killing you if, once it reached the age of sexual maturity you attempted to keep it docile and domesticated but unable to ... ... rut? Young men and women by the tens of thousands are being pumped out into a world that has no need for them whatsoever. Why more of them don't explode is the real question. There aren't hospital beds enough for them. There aren't medications targeted enough to really get to what's bugging them.

And... the cop out is plain to see... throw the mentally ill under the bus... out them and deny them access to firearms... so that us "normal" people can still play with them. Nice try but no cigar. Guns have got to go. The sooner, the better.

H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies