Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 09:45 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I see a lot of people throwing around the word hate on this forum, do you hate people who you disagree with?

I would consider myself a conservative libertarian kind of guy and I usually shake my head in disgust when I see people spouting left wing liberal talking points but that disgust never gets anywhere close to hate for the person doing the spouting. I greatly dislike it when people attempt to purposely misrepresent me and/or my beliefs to promote their political agenda but I don't hate the person doing it.

Do you actually hate people who you greatly disagree with on political/social/financial topics?
Sometimes I hate people on both sides. I hate the fringe groups in my Democratic Party and I sure as hell hate the fringe groups on the other side as well.

I don't hate "anyone". I hate what they stand for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 10:21 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
To the extent that I hate anybody, they are distributed pretty randomly across political persuasions. The personal characteristics that earn real antipathy usually have nothing to do with politics.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:24 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,670,302 times
Politics is like the worst reason to hate another...
At the end of the day, my politics are supposed to be disagreeable to you.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:25 PM

14,764 posts, read 8,093,254 times
No, I don't. I may not always see eye to eye with the person, but I don't hate them, because they see things differently than me, or have a different perspective on things.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:06 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
I dislike people that are dishonest. Those who's goal is to censor discussion, rather than air things out and seeing where we can agree and disagree, these people are polarizing. Hate gives the other too much power, they're not worth it, frustration is more applicable.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:13 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Hate is a very strong word.

I don't hate people just because they have a different opinion. We can sit down and have a rational discussion based on facts that are at least statistically sound.

I dislike the people who are completely ignorance but refuse to learn but I don't hate them.
Exactly.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:37 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default Pity, not hate

Quote:
I see a lot of people throwing around the word hate on this forum, do you hate people who you disagree with?

I would consider myself a conservative libertarian kind of guy and I usually shake my head in disgust when I see people spouting left wing liberal talking points but that disgust never gets anywhere close to hate for the person doing the spouting. I greatly dislike it when people attempt to purposely misrepresent me and/or my beliefs to promote their political agenda but I don't hate the person doing it.

Do you actually hate people who you greatly disagree with on political/social/financial topics?
I don't respect bigots/Conservatives. Saying I "hate" them is inaccurate because that would mistakenly give them some credibility.

"Pity" is a better description. They are pathetic.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:00 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,987,639 times
I like to think I am like Clint Eastwood's character Dirty Harry, I don't play favorites, I hate everybody!
Go ahead, Make my day.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:05 AM

672 posts, read 1,417,238 times
I certainly don't hate other folks for their views, and it shows with the respect that I show while having discussions with them... online or not.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:06 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:

I don't hate them either, i think they are wrong, easily duped, and ignorant. I've spoken to enough of them to know that 90% of them don't even know what they are talking about.

Most times they stick to their rigid stance on an issue because they heard something on TV, or read a headline, and they form their opinions from that. Then if I engage them on the issues they can't discuss it past the headline they read. If the newspaper or NBC anchor said it, well... it must be true, and anyone who says otherwise is lying, and that is as far as they think it thru.

To be fair, I've met a few folks who claim to be republicans who act the same way, conservatives I've talked to who know the issues out number the libs who don't, by 10:1. Still, there are too many people who are non-thinking drones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies