Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 12:04 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times

Advertisements

I see a lot of people throwing around the word hate on this forum, do you hate people who you disagree with?

I would consider myself a conservative libertarian kind of guy and I usually shake my head in disgust when I see people spouting left wing liberal talking points but that disgust never gets anywhere close to hate for the person doing the spouting. I greatly dislike it when people attempt to purposely misrepresent me and/or my beliefs to promote their political agenda but I don't hate the person doing it.

Do you actually hate people who you greatly disagree with on political/social/financial topics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 12:06 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
No im not a prejudice person

Old 01-07-2013, 12:12 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Paging Mr. XXX. Mr. XXX to the white courtesy phone, please.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:15 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I see a lot of people throwing around the word hate on this forum, do you hate people who you disagree with?

I would consider myself a conservative libertarian kind of guy and I usually shake my head in disgust when I see people spouting left wing liberal talking points but that disgust never gets anywhere close to hate for the person doing the spouting. I greatly dislike it when people attempt to purposely misrepresent me and/or my beliefs to promote their political agenda but I don't hate the person doing it.

Do you actually hate people who you greatly disagree with on political/social/financial topics?
I'm also a right-leaning Libertarian and feel the same way about it as you do. I have many Liberal friends and we're usually very respectful when discussing political issues. I don't hate anyone based on their political beliefs, not matter how much I disagree. I don't think Liberals are evil, or stupid, I simply believe they have a certain point of view regarding how we should fix our nation's problems that differs from mine.

However, when their position involves attacking and stereotyping the other side as uneducated, hateful, brainwashed, religious nut jobs, it becomes personal. That's attacking the person, not their arguments, and is completely disruptive to having a rational discussion.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:22 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
I hate no one - but members of the forum on the left always claim that i do.

I have been described as the "American Taliban" despite my libertarian positions.

These people couldn't be more wrong.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:25 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I hate no one - but members of the forum on the left always claim that i do.

I have been described as the "American Taliban" despite my libertarian positions.

These people couldn't be more wrong.
You can say that again.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:32 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post

We get politically motivated murders in the US from time to time. From what political persuasion do you think these people are from?

I've listed numerous examples and they are overwhelmingly committed by white middle aged to elderly men.

All a mixture of libertarian, racists, militia types, and right wing.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:35 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Hate is a very strong word.

I don't hate people just because they have a different opinion. We can sit down and have a rational discussion based on facts that are at least statistically sound.

I dislike the people who are completely ignorance but refuse to learn but I don't hate them.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:36 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
We get politically motivated murders in the US from time to time. From what political persuasion do you think these people are from?

I've listed numerous murders and they are overwhelmingly committed by white middle aged to elderly men.

All a mixture of libertarian, racists, militia types, and right wing.
Who's talking about murder? Go back and read my starting post, try answering the question. Do you hate people from differing political groups?

Old 01-07-2013, 12:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
I don't hate anyone based on politics. In my personal life, i'd prefer that people not even tell me what their politics are. I'm not really interested anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies