Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 04:38 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabaghoul View Post
Because his opponent was the Mexican Mormon.
Or "Mitt the Twitt" as the Brits called him after he insulted them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 05:20 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,524,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Obama was re-elected because the Democrats did an excellent job of scaring young people about Romney's stance on social issues. Young people were convinced that he hates women, wants to abolish abortion, wants to abolish birth control, hates gay people, etc.

Regardless that unemployment is a huge problem with young Americans, they decided the perceived threat of losing access to contraception was more important than improving an economy where their degreea are practically useless. But that's what you deserve when you get your news from Jon Stewart.
Romney did that job all by himself. He didn't even need any help.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:37 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Because they hauled bus loads of people in to vote for him and the welfare benefits and/or amnesty he wants to offer illegals. When it comes to "female" benefits, I guess we are talking about our tax dollars raising the children of men and women who are too lazy to work for a living, irresponsible to use birth control and who have children they cannot support knowing that Uncle will pay the bill? Got so many hooked on prescription meds here in the US that they will vote for anything that promises them a continuing supply and the doctor visits to go and get the prescriptions. Hopefully he will be tried for treason since he is trying to destroy our country and we slip further everyday into being the 3rd world country he wants to turn us into. It is so obvious that he hates our country but I think a lot of the people that vote for him hate our country too because otherwise, they would have been informed enough to not vote him in again or in the first place.
Did you even vote?
Your post is wrong on every single point you're trying to make.

Obama did all of this stuff, did he?
You need to turn off the right wing machine and think for yourself.

Hooked on meds, isn't that Rush? You might want to stop listening to him.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:37 PM

7 posts, read 8,370 times
OP, you think Mitt Romney...the man who DID NOT want to become the next U.S. President...should have been given the role? I swear a mandatory voting certification exam (testing mental and emotional fitness) should be administered to all registered voters before they can even step foot into their local poll location.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:54 PM

147 posts, read 118,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Both sides were doing that. Most of this election was run on social issues. Romney just did a horrible job at running on social issues.
According to one of his sons, Romney didn't even want the job of being the president. Why would someone run for a public office if they didn't want the job in the first place? Doesn't make sense.

Oh, Romney blew it on social, economic, and foreign policy issues.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:55 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Obama was re-elected because the Democrats did an excellent job of scaring young people about Romney's stance on social issues. Young people were convinced that he hates women, wants to abolish abortion, wants to abolish birth control, hates gay people, etc.

Regardless that unemployment is a huge problem with young Americans, they decided the perceived threat of losing access to contraception was more important than improving an economy where their degreea are practically useless. But that's what you deserve when you get your news from Jon Stewart.
We didn't have to scare anyone.
The Rs did it well enough on their own. They made me a one-issue voter, and I know many other women who ended up as one-issue voters:

State Trends for 2011 on Abortion, Family Planning, Sex Education and Insurance
To date, legislators have introduced 916 measures related to reproductive health and rights in the 49 legislatures that have convened their regular sessions. (Louisiana’s legislature will not convene until late April.) By the end of March, seven states had enacted 15 new laws on these issues, including provisions that:

Legitimate rape.
Mandatory use of a 10" wand for an interuterine sonogram for pregnant women in VA. Inserting something/anything into me against my will is rape. The state of VA wanted to legalize/legitimatize rape.
Current VA steps to make it impossible for small women services clinics to remain open.
Statements that a woman's body can't get pregnant from rape.

Want me to go on?

Old 01-08-2013, 06:34 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,940,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
I am one who advocates spending cuts, but you can't decrease revenues while in a budget crisis.

It would be like me quitting a second job because I want to buy a car. It should work the other way...if you want to add to the budget, you need to add 110% or more of that cost to the revenue stream.

Cut $400,000,000,000 from the Defense budget (we're still more than double the 2nd largest military budget in the world, still double a country with 4x as many people.)
Ending the drug war cuts another $100,000,000,000 from the budget while also adding at least half that in tax revenue and the obvious creation of TAX-PAYING jobs associated with a legal drug industry similar to the economics of the ending of Alcohol Prohibition.
Moving the Capital Gains tax up to 20% with the first $100,000 in Cap Gains being free.
Cutting Oil and Gas as well as Farm subsidies which total more than $100,000,000,000 a year.

Right there I just shifted our budget about $750,000,000,000 towards the black.

Like everyone else, I would like to see my taxes lower, but I'd much rather see my country cut spending first. Raising taxes on people making more than $400,000 is NOT hurting the economy in any way and it does bring in additional revenue. However, it does affect me personally because I come from money...and I still don't care.
We don't have a budget crisis. The government can borrow at near zero rates and there is no indication that this source of funds will dry up any time soon.

The government has a long-term debt problem that can be addressed when the economy recovers, not in the middle of a slump.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:43 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,933,513 times
I read the article in it's entirety. I understand the points she has made ... but ... I can summerize it it in three words -

CRYBABY SORE LOSER

(sometimes schadenfreude can be so sweet! )

Old 01-08-2013, 06:52 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,293,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Here we have a whole list of reasons why Obama was re-elected. Most of them have been dealt with in a Kos article that I won't post. I won't do that because of the reasons offered by the Kos writer.

There were a number of reasons why Obama won but to me and the author of this link the most important one was that more people wanted to continue to get freebies from the government than there were who weren't willing to keep paying those freebies. The writer also mentions the effects of all those female freebies alone.

Post-Mortem - Laura Hollis - [page]
Conservatives continue to prove beyond any reasonable doubt that for them other American citizens and their social, economic, and political issues are the problem. They continue to exclude millions of their fellow citizens.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:33 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,571,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilePretty View Post
OP, you think Mitt Romney...the man who DID NOT want to become the next U.S. President...should have been given the role? I swear a mandatory voting certification exam (testing mental and emotional fitness) should be administered to all registered voters before they can even step foot into their local poll location.
Come on!!!! Do you really want to completely wipe out the entire GOP!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies