Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 04:54 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times

Advertisements

Holy cow, that woman is delusional.

FTA: "Romney ran a strategic and well-organized campaign." In what particular universe did this happen? Romney's ground game and GOTV efforts were pathetic. He did great at fundraising, he was very much at home when preaching to the choir, but the undecideds wanted no part of him. And his GOTV smartphone app crashed on election day, because they failed to test it.

As for the tastefully named "vagina vote", the GOP can stand up and ditch the guys who seem to think there's such a thing as "legitimate rape", you can drop the efforts towards legislating transvaginal ultrasounds, you can perhaps even distance yourself from the radio host who decided to call a college student a "****" for having a different opinion on whether her health insurance ought to cover hormonal birth control. The GOP absolutely brought that on themselves, and it was good fun to watch, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 04:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Nah, I saw it on NEOCONvict.org.
Do you have a real link to your real information? I couldn't get my server to come up with that one?

Old 01-07-2013, 04:56 PM

768 posts, read 879,502 times
Americans vote for the guy with more hair. Obama had marginally more hair than Romney. The GOP need to get Chewbacca to stand next time.

46,943 posts, read 25,960,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I can't read townhall.com stuff, i lose iq points reading that kind of crap.
I jumped on the grenade. Run-of-the-mill echo chamber stuff - Romney was great and well organized, all right-thinking people (like the writer) voted for him, so it follows that the wrong-thinking people are in the majority - you know the drill.

28,353 posts, read 16,366,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It had nothing to do with "freebies", it was entirely because the GOP blew it and didn't have a legitimate candidate to offer. End of story. It was their election to loose and they did it willingly by rehashing losers from the prior election. What did you expect??

Pretty much this. I have never used and Gov "freebies" and never will. I voted for Obama because he was the lesser of two evils, IMO. Get your s#!t together, GOP.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:00 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,180,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think that the major social issue that did Romney in was what Ms. Hollis called the vagina vote. Why didn't you even mention that? I know, but will you admit it?
I skimmed your link. I am posting the reasons why the people who I know, in my, life voted for Obama. Is that not ok with you, to post based on personal observation? I can only talk about your link?

Personally, I find the term, "The Vagina Vote" to be in poor taste and it really minimizes women's issues. So no, you won't find me using that term in a discussion.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:01 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,040,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Holy cow, that woman is delusional.

FTA: "Romney ran a strategic and well-organized campaign." In what particular universe did this happen? Romney's ground game and GOTV efforts were pathetic. He did great at fundraising, he was very much at home when preaching to the choir, but the undecideds wanted no part of him. And his GOTV smartphone app crashed on election day, because they failed to test it.

As for the tastefully named "vagina vote", the GOP can stand up and ditch the guys who seem to think there's such a thing as "legitimate rape", you can drop the efforts towards legislating transvaginal ultrasounds, you can perhaps even distance yourself from the radio host who decided to call a college student a "****" for having a different opinion on whether her health insurance ought to cover hormonal birth control. The GOP absolutely brought that on themselves, and it was good fun to watch, too.
It is pretty hilarious.

Calling Romney's campaign "well organized" after having to reboot it pretty much tells me that the blogger in OP's link has no clue why Romney actually lost.

The GOP is out of touch. That is why they lost a presidential election that was handed to them on a silver platter.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:03 PM

147 posts, read 118,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Here we have a whole list of reasons why Obama was re-elected. Most of them have been dealt with in a Kos article that I won't post. I won't do that because of the reasons offered by the Kos writer.

There were a number of reasons why Obama won but to me and the author of this link the most important one was that more people wanted to continue to get freebies from the government than there were who weren't willing to keep paying those freebies. The writer also mentions the effects of all those female freebies alone.

Post-Mortem - Laura Hollis - [page]
Well, you won't post the Daily Kos rebuttal, but I will.
Members will need to copy and paste between the [url] to read the rebut. because I'm not permitted as yet to post direct links to other web pages.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/12/29/1174695/-Open-letter-to-Professor-Laura-Hollis-This-is-why-you-lost

Old 01-07-2013, 05:05 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The GOP is in the shape it's in for the exact same reasons that Obama won in 2012. You simply cannot be honest with the voting public and expect to win because the numbers in this country have shifted far enough in the direction of those who would rather collect mailbox money than work. Mitt Romney didn't stand a chance because he was honest with people. Obama voters don't want to be told that they need to work to get ahead, they want some rich guy to give them money.
AMEN!

Rep to you!

Old 01-07-2013, 05:38 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,524,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
you wonder why the gop is in the shape it is with republicans like the op running with stuff like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies