Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2013, 09:11 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The Mayors Against Illegal Guns group has joined with Demand A Plan to encourage Congress to pass three simple measures:

- Require a criminal background check for every gun sold in America.

- Ban assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines.

- Make gun trafficking a federal crime, with real penalties for “straw purchasers”.

You can go to that site to sign a petition demanding Congress take action.

Demand a Plan - Home
Thanks! Signed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 10:24 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Ah, so you're discounting what McChrystal said?

Let me guess - you follow this loon (the guest, not the host):

Alex Jones Piers Morgan Part 1. 1776 Will Commence Again' If Guns Taken Away - YouTube

Alex Jones Piers Morgan Part 2. 1776 Will Commence Again' If Guns Taken Away - YouTube

What a great representative for your side of this issue! I thought the spokespeople for the NRA were crazy, but this paranoid freak puts them to shame.

I discount what most politicians say, including those politicians in the military.

I thought alex jones did a good job at owning that twerp morgan. after all, all morgan wants is for americans to be under british rule again.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:27 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
What part of shall not be infringed do you not understand?
People who are backing I Won tend to think like he does and since shall not be infringed is it the document that he says gets in his way we have to understand that he doesn't know the meaning of those words. It is too bad but very true.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:29 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I discount what most politicians say, including those politicians in the military.

I thought alex jones did a good job at owning that twerp morgan.
Hahahaha.....

Alex Jones did a good job at showing the world what a gun nut looks, acts, and sounds like - and it wasn't pretty.

I can't believe anyone could be impressed by that show he put on. What a loon.
Quote:
after all, all morgan wants is for americans to be under british rule again.
Link?

Old 01-08-2013, 10:30 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The Mayors Against Illegal Guns group has joined with Demand A Plan to encourage Congress to pass three simple measures:

- Require a criminal background check for every gun sold in America.

- Ban assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines.

- Make gun trafficking a federal crime, with real penalties for “straw purchasers”.

You can go to that site to sign a petition demanding Congress take action.

Demand a Plan - Home

3 simple measures. now explain to me how you are going to enforce them?

the 3rd point is already illegal, guess you did not know that. will you also make it illegal for the feds to be charged and convicted of gun trafficking as well, such as the failed fast and furious project?

1st point is done on all ffl purchases, very hard to do with any private sale. good luck with that one.

2nd point, I wont even attempt to explain to you what an assault rifle is, as you dont really want to know. how will you confiscate all those misnamed assault rifles and magazines?

I will wait for an answer, but somehow i dont think you will be able to come up with a solution.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Thanks! Signed it.
What would have happened to the little lady in Georgia if the man she shot with her revolver (6 bullets) if he had had a buddy with him. Now if she had one of those high capacity mags in a semi-automatic that held 14 rounds she could have handled two of them very well.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:39 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The 2nd amendment is completely outdated. Gun ownership yes, I agree for responsible owners.

I do not agree with 90% of the people who think they need to carry them around. Very few carry permits should be issued.

The 2nd amendment says you can own guns in your home. I agree with that. But unless you are part of a sanctioned militia you better leave them at home.

Illegally transporting or carrying firearms should be a felony.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Hmmm...doesn't say anything about keeping them at home.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:40 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What would have happened to the little lady in Georgia if the man she shot with her revolver (6 bullets) if he had had a buddy with him. Now if she had one of those high capacity mags in a semi-automatic that held 14 rounds she could have handled two of them very well.
Roy, you don't understand.. The anti-gun crowd would rather her been raped and murdered than to have the criminal shot... That pooooor criminal.... The evil Georgia woman shot him... Terrible..

Old 01-08-2013, 10:42 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Hmmm...doesn't say anything about keeping them at home.
It also doesn't say anything about keeping them anywhere other than home..

Old 01-08-2013, 10:42 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,693,765 times
Some of the items are already done. Any help with the mental would be better than the nothing we have now. It appears they need more guns in school not fewer, at least lives would be saved if the teachers were armed. We all should know that posting a do not shoot here sign is silly. This group has been on this agenda for years sayings that all our problems are due to guns. At the same time supporting increasing violence in childrens games, etc. Beware the crazy media encouraged will only go on to some other means or tool of destruction when the guns are not available. Thus I support an increase in school security and immediate on site response ability to protect the children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies