Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2013, 06:57 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,056,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
BS.
Anyone who lies about those things is anti-woman; you are no doubt anti-choice.
Please donate another 50$ in my name chielgirl, and post up the receipt here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 07:23 AM

15,701 posts, read 16,980,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
No, that's not using my logic. What do tax deductions have to do with this? They are used to stimulate the economy? Not taking people's money (so they have more to spend whatever) is not the same as giving them money so they have more money to spend on whatever.

But let's talk about government subsidies, since you think you have an argument. Theoretically, we give assistance because the person doesn't have enough to survive. Let's say when you subtract food and living expenses from their income, they're in the negative. So government subsidies shouldn't provide them any extra money, it just keeps them from starving. I know in practice that's not how it works (most of my neighbors are on welfare) but this is a much more sensitive issue since underfunding people causes people to go hungry. Underfunding PP causes no one to go hungry.

But why don't you support cutting government funding to PP? If the government wants to support contraception, they can fund an entity that also doesn't do abortions.
You just refuse to see the truth.

Why would I want to cut funding to PP.....they provide much needed services for women.....and men.

And.........as far as I am concerned, it would be just fine if government did subsidize abortion with taxpayer money.

I can't pick and choose what my tax dollars pay for.....what makes you so special?

Old 01-09-2013, 07:35 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,474,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You just refuse to see the truth.

Why would I want to cut funding to PP.....they provide much needed services for women.....and men.

And.........as far as I am concerned, it would be just fine if government did subsidize abortion with taxpayer money.

I can't pick and choose what my tax dollars pay for.....what makes you so special?
What you can do is pick and choose what programs you support or oppose and try to get more or less funding for them. That's just what opponents and supporters of pp do.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:38 AM

15,701 posts, read 16,980,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
........ Doesn't bother us at all, because we aren't hurting anyone, we're just praying.
This should bother you.
Quote:
(5)”And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. (6)But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. (7)And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. (8)Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. – Matthew 6.5-8 NASB
Your god is not happy with you making a spectacle of yourselves.....cheapening the act of prayer.

He wants you to pray in private......but then....that would make it kinda hard for you to harrass those innocent women, wouldn't it?

Old 01-09-2013, 07:42 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,603,637 times
Default Planned parenthood

Better Planned Parenthood than our planned extrermination in Afghanistan and other places.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:57 AM

8,858 posts, read 5,332,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
They really need a new name for that organization.
The cartoon South Park has already given it one ...... they call it Umplanned Parenthood.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:59 AM

8,858 posts, read 5,332,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

So do used car salesmen.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:08 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,051,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
. A true pro-lifer also wants to help the child, unlike you pro-choicers who just wanna make the mother feel good, we want to do both.
Let us know when you start adopting 13-year old kids with emotional/drug/medical problems out of the foster care system.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:12 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,045,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Let us know when you start adopting 13-year old kids with emotional/drug/medical problems out of the foster care system.
It would be interesting to see how many pro lifers adopt children and teens to care for them or are they society's problem after they are born?

Old 01-09-2013, 08:16 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,051,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

They love the fetus but they hate the child, as evidenced by all the whining about social programs like Medicaid, WIC, food stamps, subsidized school meals, etc..........
Judging by the pro-gun threads their also carrying guns and are more than willing to shoot bad guys. Apparently "life" stops mattering when the fetus becomes threatening to them.

Interesting IMO. They don't want a woman having an abortion even if her life is threatened. But if they feel threatened by a guy coming in the window to steal their TV they're willing to blast away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies