Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2013, 08:23 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,689,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
You know why I, as a liberal, think Piers Morgan is a lightweight hack?

Because he actually allows nutburgers like Alex Jones on his show.
lol. It's like I said early on...........he invited Alex to make himself look more stable. He's hoping liberal empty heads will assume all 'deporters' are like Alex. It appears to have worked.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:24 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,866,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
You know why I, as a liberal, think Piers Morgan is a lightweight hack?

Because he actually allows nutburgers like Alex Jones on his show.
More like a clever hack.

If I was a moron, I'd take care to only seat myself next to wackos or idiots.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:26 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,689,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
It may be his "schtick", but I don't watch or listen to him. I enjoy intelligent political discourse, with facts debated point to point. Maybe his loyal viewers liked it, but I found it distasteful and ignorant, with a severe lack of factual argument.
I don't, either. I have seen him only on short youtube clips on forums, and such.

Again.....he isn't distasteful and ignorant. Only those who get het up by him are the nutjobs. Looks like you fell for it.

Another clue: The show wasn't intended to contain factual argument. That would be impossible. It's the silly Piers show. How dumb can one be to think shows like that are factual?

Old 01-08-2013, 08:27 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,121,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yep... he could be like MSNBC and not allow anyone who disagrees with him to discuss an issue. At least he pretends to have someone on who counters his extreme views.
Lol... I don't watch much of MSNBC just Up w/ Chris Hayes & TRMS. Both of those hosts regularly invite high profile Republicans, Libertarians, and Independents on their show to voice the other sides positions. Hayes regularly gets prominent voices or at least representatives of prominent organizations on his show. Maddow never gets anyone to show up on her show, especially since she exposed the crackpot ideology of Rand Paul in real world terms.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:36 AM

25,856 posts, read 16,558,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
More like a clever hack.

If I was a moron, I'd take care to only seat myself next to wackos or idiots.
So you're admitting that Jones is a wacko and an idiot.

Yet he has 50+ guns.

Yep, a great system we have in this country.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:40 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,994,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Exactly Alex Jones would be the guy, who if cut off on the highway would take out his gun and start shooting, safety of the public be damned.
What a disgusting and completely false thing to say. Where is your proof? That you hate his position? Hardly cause to diagnose and condemn him.

Alex Jones, who has NEVER used his gun for criminal behavior is a FAR lesser threat than Morgan, who is calling for a disarmament of US citizens.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:42 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,072,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yelling is indicative of a weak argument, and Jones went straight to yelling. When confronted with numbers, he either made excuses, or he ignored them.

Look, I have only seen Piers Morgan on TV a handful of times, and never on his show, I don't have a high opinion of him. He didn't make Alex Jones look bad, he did that all on his own.
morgan was trying his best to lead the conversation in the direction that he wanted. Jones didn't allow him to. That is the only way to handle a lying leftie.

Notice how morgan kept ignoring the fact about higher violent crime in the UK?

Old 01-08-2013, 08:46 AM

957 posts, read 759,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
lol. It's like I said early on...........he invited Alex to make himself look more stable. He's hoping liberal empty heads will assume all 'deporters' are like Alex. It appears to have worked.
Who better to have on his show than the guy who started the petition to deport him?

Old 01-08-2013, 08:46 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,729,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
There is no such thing as assault weapons. Weapon don't kill people, it is people that kill people. If you understand gun and you would understand the different between a pistol and a rifle. The different is their range. You can look at it as a bow vs a rifle. Sure, a bow can win too, but has a very small chance.

The 2nd amendment has nothing to do as self protection, it has everything to do against protecting yourself again a tyrannical government. As Alex Jones pointed it, Hitler, Stalin and Mao took the guns away from the people and they murdered millions of their own citizenship. I cannot common much on Hilter and Stalin, but China under Mao was terrible. The wealth and success people fled the country, those cannot were tortured to dead. My great grand parents was such a case. He was a doctor, and a very good one. Mao sent them to prison, seized their lands and properties.

My mom, who was from the poor peasant family told me how great under Mao. How safe it was and no one was stealing and such. Since I have read enough history, I asked her, did people have enough to eat under Mao. She said no (all your products belong to the government, and you are issue tickets to exchange what your need. There were food tickets, wood tickets, etc). Did any average family owns anything valuable, she said no. So if you are a thief, why would you waste your time.

I bought up this story because if the check and balance between people and government is gone, the communist China under Mao will be the result. You will not get the wealth distribution from the have to have not. All wealth will be transferred to the government. Those with wealth will be seized and killed. The have not will still be have not.
Just stop with "guns don't kill people" nonsense.
If people could sufficiently kill people without guns, we wouldn't have guns would we?
Try that argument on the next SWAT team you meet and see how they would feel about dealing with a situation without their assault weapons.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:49 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,221,590 times
I'm wondering if the people on here complaining about jones yelling over morgan the entire time have ever seen a morgan interview? Or are they selectively blocking out what he himself does? Alex may have come across like a lunatic, but he was essentially playing morgan's game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies