Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2013, 01:10 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
He is a fervent activist for preserving our Constitutional rights. If you don't support him in doing so, you are part of the problem, not the solution.
Then yes, consider me a part of "the problem".... and damn proud of it.

If you need a 30-round clip to defend yourself or hunt, then you're a lousy shot.
If you need all mentally crazy people to have guns, then YOU arm them. Have at it. Go to the shooting range together and see how long you survive.

Nice "solution" you defend there.

You hide behind the 2nd amendment to disguise the fact that you have an indefensible position. 20 children die and you want things to stay EXACTLY THE SAME. Now who's the problem?

Last edited by logline; 01-08-2013 at 01:22 AM..

Old 01-08-2013, 01:37 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I said many of Alex Jones' positions are the same as the Republican Party's official stated positions and now you went and changed that to all, which is wrong. At best you have very poor reading comprehension skills and at worst you're deliberately misstating other people's positions. I'm leaning towards the later as you have done this multiple times now in other threads. Delusional indeed.
Uh, no. What I said was: Which proves the claims of him representing a typical right winger to be utter garbage.

"Typical" does not equal "all". Before you go and make ad hominem attacks about other peoples' reading comprehension skills, you might want to make sure your own are correct.

And as for me doing that in another thread, go ahead and check it. I went ahead and posted a link to a video of the same guy you said appeared on TV and specifically blamed the Tea Party, going on TV and flat out saying he did not blame either party. So again, it's a case of you being proven wrong with the actual facts. And I've managed to do it without ad hominem attacks.

Last edited by kidkaos2; 01-08-2013 at 01:53 AM..

Old 01-08-2013, 02:02 AM

910 posts, read 1,319,124 times
Yay CNN. 15 minutes of Alex Jones yelling incoherently at Piers Morgan, then following it up with Alan Dershowitz of all people. All they needed to complete the human garbage hat trick was the cast of Jersey Shore.

Quote:
Still waiting for someone to explain what makes Piers Morgan supposedly crazy. Come on, let's hear it your excuses.
He's not crazy but he is a symptom of the godawful tabloid culture in the UK which unfortunately has made its way here, and will only further drag down our already terrible media. It's obvious he brought Alex Jones on knowing he'd do his crazy ranting man in the mountain shtick, which results in Piers looking like the better person, when anyone who's followed his career for more than a few seconds knows he's a complete tool.

This whole sad exercise doesn't change anything. It's an entertaining spectacle and a good argument for increasing mental health funding, but it's mindless sensationalism for the sake of ratings.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:07 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
I just watched the 3:00 am showing.

Wow...just Wow.

This is not a man I would want representing my point of view.....he came off as a complete lunatic.

If you want someone to consider your position on an issue, you want someone who can present your views in a calm, succinct manner......not raving like a madman.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:18 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It doesn't "prove" jack sh**. Alex Jones does NOT represent the "typical right winger".

Man, you libs, you just lie and lie and lie. Do you even know the definition of "truth"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
No, they don't. They latch on to a bit of left wing hysteria and never let go, even when it couldn't be further from the truth. It's why we laugh at them.
Oh please.....if you want to hear lie after lie after lie and out of control hysteria, just take a listen to those on the right trying to defend their views on homsexuality and abortion.

LMAO right back atcha.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:59 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
He is a fervent activist for preserving our Constitutional rights. If you don't support him in doing so, you are part of the problem, not the solution.
Funny how selective people are in preserving our Constitutional rights. Where in our Constitution does it say that people who enter this country illegally are to be given government entitlements, make demands on goverment and be given a free pass to citizenship? The silence is deafening when it comes to 11 million illegals are are getting just that. And all this noise over ONE PERSON who is legally in the country??? It's not as if anyone in government is listening to him and as if he can do something about gun control.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:16 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Did he keep interrupting him and call him an "incredibly stupid man" without putting forth any actual argument?
That tactic is left for the people with a superior argument that he is trying to bring down to his level. With Alex his best course of action is just let Alex hang himself.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:35 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
RWNJ Alex Jones, who gets quoted here all the time by our local RWNJs, recently started a petition to deport CNN Anchor Piers Morgan
Did Alex just say the Swish, instead of the Swiss...
Sometimes he's a nut, sometimes he's not

Piers Morgan a journalist

Old 01-08-2013, 04:42 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Alex Morgan is as much representative as all right wingers for being in support of gun rights as communist China is representative of all liberals for being in support of gun control.

What a ridiculously stupid assertion to make. Then again, look who we're dealing with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
If you want someone to consider your position on an issue, you want someone who can present your views in a calm, succinct manner......not raving like a madman.
I think you have that backwards.

Nobody "sent" Alex Jones. Seems pretty obvious to me that Piers Moron invited the most raving lunatic he could. See, last time, he made an idiot of himself because he was arguing (and I use that term loosely) with a non insane person. This solves that problem.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:58 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
I've never seen A Jones before but he certainly goes off the deep end in the interview and also calling for some one to be deported for expressing an opinion also is taking things to extremes.
In the interview Mr Morgan remains cool calm and collected while Mr Jones turns into the quintessential RWNJ a veritable babbling idiot..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies