Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2013, 04:47 PM

490 posts, read 650,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
These victims are pushing to take away everyone's civil rights.
BS. They are pushing to find ways for a safer America.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:49 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
BS. They are pushing to find ways for a safer America.
They they should be looking for the answer to WHY are people doing this.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
She wasn't a big advocate before her accident but is now and using her victimhood to push the issue.
It's just my opinion.

I don't like people who have agendas and are not true to them.
You think she got a call from the Dem party on this or did it on her own ?
She's just the advocate to take Brady's place whose accident is long forgotten.

Just remember.."Whatever it takes".
So a person is not allowed to have a traumatic, life changing event and become more aware. I never had a stroke until I had one and survived. I now visit those I hospitals and nursing homes who are recent stroke victims.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
So a person is not allowed to have a traumatic, life changing event and become more aware. I never had a stroke until I had one and survived. I now visit those I hospitals and nursing homes who are recent stroke victims.
Ok and have you formed a PAC and seeking donations from people ?

Old 01-08-2013, 05:00 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,096,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
We gotta arm every man, woman and child in Murica!!! That'll solve everything:

Fort Hood shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
We are the constitutional militia, you don't have to join but to try to disarm us or restrict our capabilities to something less than our standing army is a violation of the law...

If you dont like it Mexico has everything your looking for... That includes the Bradys and The Giffords...

Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,369 times
Dumb and a waste. You are not going to limit or take any of our guns away. Period. And if you want to limit any political groups pressure, start with Unions. Unions have hurt this country more than the NRA ever could.

Seems to me shes just trying to find something to do with herself. All this is is just more political bs that aims to limit our rights.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I wish this lady and her coat-tail riding husband would disappear from the public eye for good. I can think of NO ONE who gives a damn what he/she thinks.

"Who should we ask? Why, lets ask GABBY GIFFORDS!!"
I care what she thinks and I am not in the public eye. You must be one of these people that dislikes everyone who has a thought or opinion that doesn't jive with yours?
Also, I hardly think an Astronaut needs to ride anyone's coat-tail.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
They they should be looking for the answer to WHY are people doing this.
I think that's included. Multi tasking.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Ok and have you formed a PAC and seeking donations from people ?
Not sure why it matters but no I have not. The point was the she had an event in her life that I can't imagine. I actually see her as a source of inspiration. I'm interested in what she has to say.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:21 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Actually, it is a very valid and accurate statement. Anyone who advocates taking away the rights of others is truly mentally disturbed and should not be allowed to own a firearm. That goes for both Giffords and Feinstein.

I tend to agree with what your saying.

But i also believe in her right to believe as she does.

However i also feel that my family has suffered tremendous loss at the hands of 2 criminals, who killed 2 different members of my family. Something you never get over, believe me. Sometimes day to day is a struggle.

Why don't we talk about the mental aspect of these idiots, In one case, the first case, No Hospital or Facility would take this manaic who killed a very special member of my family. They were begged from what i understand from the family, to accept this nutcase. They did not, and he went ballistic, crazy, and out of control. He shot my family member at point blank range in the head, as she got up to go to the bathroom.

Lucky for her, she never knew what hit her, poor soul, who died way before her time.

And did other unthinkable things to her body, which i have never ever been able to forgive or get out of my head.

Took some of her organs out also, so i am a firm believer that a citizen does have a right to protect their home their life, and their family. He then went on a joy ride, with her wallet, and went out to eat.

Second case, judge let the violent criminal out for good behavior, when he surprised another family member as he was drinking coffee at the table. His gun jammed, so he then used a knife which was found on him. He stabbed my family member over and over and over again.

He was a hardened criminal. We cannot only talk about the gun aspect without talking about judges, and those who are mental.

Break into my home, threaten me or my family, i will shoot you. And that is my right to protect my property, and my loved ones.

When you have had 2 family members murdered, you tend to see things a bit more realistically.

You can use your finger for protection, i will use my gun. Because hardened criminals don't give a damn about taking your life, or a family member.

Last edited by california-jewel; 01-08-2013 at 06:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies