Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 07:36 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Worlds dont make war.....
Wow, aren't you the brilliant grammarian.

No one said the world makes war...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
This world has been in a perpetual war since WWII....
...."in" is a preposition expressing the state, condition or situation of something that is or appears to be enclosed or surrounded by something else.

In this instance, the world appears to be enclosed or surrounded by war for the last 70+ years.

https://www.google.com/search?q=defi...ient=firefox-a

Quote:
What would Blackwater's roll be in Afghanistan when American troops depart?
Blackwater has been in Afghanistan for nearly a decade.

Perhaps you should consult with a medical professional, since you exhibit symptoms of Alzheimer's....

...it wasn't that long ago that there was a diplomatic row between the US and Pakistan, because a Blackwater employee working for the CIA murdered some Pakistanis and the Pakistani government intended to try the case in criminal court --- until the US intervened.

You also forgot that this saga went on for some time.....covered by the European media, but not by the US media which eventually forced to report the story, having no other choice and not being able to keep the information from Americans (who learned of the story on foreign media).

You also forgot that there had been a topic of discussion on C-D about the fact that Hillary testified before Congress that the government controls the media, and she was complaining that she needed more control over the information the media presents.

So, like what, is this the Left's new Orwellian chant: "It isn't war if mercenaries wage it."

How quaint.

Oh, and how about this from the CNN article....

"Lack of legal agreement prompted complete pullout from Iraq"

Gosh, no kidding. It only took the media an entire freaking year to stop staying Obama followed through on his campaign promise to withdraw troops from Iraq, and to start telling the truth that the US was forced out of Iraq.

Grammatically...

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 09:28 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,931,071 times
LOL, please don't tell me Democrats are celebrating this. The Bush Doctrine called for troop removal from Afghanistan by 2014 about a decade ago and even they probably thought that was pushing it.

Obama is a FRAUD.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:22 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Wow, aren't you the brilliant grammarian.
No one said the world makes war...

Blackwater has been in Afghanistan for nearly a decade.
Perhaps you should consult with a medical professional, since you exhibit symptoms of Alzheimer's....
It was a shortened version of a popular phrase worlds dont make war , people make war.
I also didnt ask how long Blackwater has been in Afghanistan i asked what their mission would be after an American military exit from that country.
As for consulting with a medical professional ? i could suggest the same for you concerning your totally uncalled for hostile disposition.,Maybe a psychiatrist to study the underlying cause of your irrational bouts of anger..

Last edited by jambo101; 01-09-2013 at 10:52 AM..

Old 01-09-2013, 03:43 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,413 times
I'm still waiting for our fighting forces to leave Iraq.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:31 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
It was a shortened version of a popular phrase worlds dont make war , people make war.
I also didnt ask how long Blackwater has been in Afghanistan i asked what their mission would be after an American military exit from that country.
As for consulting with a medical professional ? i could suggest the same for you concerning your totally uncalled for hostile disposition.,Maybe a psychiatrist to study the underlying cause of your irrational bouts of anger..
Are you sure you're not referring to?
Quote:
"People do not make wars; governments do. And no mother would ever willingly sacrifice her sons for territorial gain, for economic advantage, for ideology. A people free to choose will always choose peace."

Old 01-10-2013, 12:24 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Why not by June, 2013 and deploy them on the southern border. We need to look after our interests.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:17 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I think we should offer asylum to any Islamic women as we remove our troops. . .
I think this is a excellent idea. I have seen certain military people, some on this forum post what they are doing over there and some say they feel good that they are being a part of allowing schools to open and how certain Afghan people are greatful for our being there.

It is good to know we are helping some people but in the end it doesn't justify our reason to be there as a whole. Much like when we left Vietnam we should allow a certain number of people to come here and become productive free people here since we have involved ourselves there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies