U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2013, 03:04 PM

1,798 posts, read 1,116,881 times

Advertisements

New Yorkers Give Racist Anti-Muslim Signs A Much Needed Overhaul | Addicting Info

I feel that this is a good article and just shows that we are not all a bunch of fear mongering bigots, I say good to those who did this, to those either too lazy to read the link or who simply refuse to read anything not from a right wing blog/website what it boils down to is that about a month or two ago anti-muslim posters started popping up in the nyc subway system well in answer to these obviously stupid fear based posters someone started going to every poster and slapping on a "warning THIS IS WAR PROPAGANDA" stickers on everyone. Me as a new yorker and as someone not living in fear it makes me happy to know that not everyone in this place is stupid and afraid.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2013, 03:19 PM

34,676 posts, read 20,971,819 times
I have an issue with supporting vandals. If these morons want to "advertise", they can pay for the ad space the same as anyone else. Hopefully they are caught, made to clean up their crap and prosecuted.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I have an issue with supporting vandals. If these morons want to "advertise", they can pay for the ad space the same as anyone else. Hopefully they are caught, made to clean up their crap and prosecuted.
I have more of an issue with the morons who made these posters in the first place, another "grassroots organization" given a good bit of money to spread the hate and fear around.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:24 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,003,367 times
Why would anyone criticize the religion of peace?

We actually need more enlightened Muslims in our country to "enrich" us with their diversity.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:44 PM

3,049 posts, read 2,056,643 times
I'm all for racism if it'll keep the religion of peace out of this country.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post

We actually need more enlightened Muslims in our country to "enrich" us with their diversity.
Talking about islam or christianity ? Don't matter to me none I'm agnostic and don't think much of any religion. Would be an interesting world if more were budhist

Old 01-09-2013, 05:02 PM

34,676 posts, read 20,971,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
I have more of an issue with the morons who made these posters in the first place, another "grassroots organization" given a good bit of money to spread the hate and fear around.
That's fine, take out an advertisement that promotes your view. Free speach is a grand thing. Vandalism, not so much. A bunch of childish idiots slapping stickers on someone elses property, not very impressive. Considering the traction those Occupy morons got in NYC, this isn't a suprise though.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:14 PM

23,689 posts, read 16,833,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post

Considering that 99+% of Muslims and Jack Muslims living in this country are peaceful I would say that they are enlightened. Now, if you go abroad the story is different. As soon as Islam is part of a government it seems to be a different story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies