Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 07:33 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,666,305 times

Advertisements

Palestinians are dumping raw sewage into rivers being created in the West Bank due to heavy rain/snow. Then in turn they are complaining that Israel is keeping the flood gates closed. How stupid do you have to be to not understand that Israel doesn't want untreated sewage?

Quote:
Driving rain could not mask the stench of raw sewage being unloaded from a tanker on a village road outside Qalqilya on Tuesday, its putrid contents mixing with the brown torrent pouring past olive trees clustered on the hills.

"Raw sewage is disposed near, or on, agricultural land resulting in the contamination of soil and groundwater," UNRWA said in a report.
Israeli wall traps rain, sewage in Palestinian town | Maan News Agency
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 07:39 AM

45,137 posts, read 26,325,093 times
okay.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:40 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,239,057 times
Tell me what you do if you have no infrastructure and Israel isn't letting you build any.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:53 AM

78,022 posts, read 60,232,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Tell me what you do if you have no infrastructure and Israel isn't letting you build any.
I just got done reading about all of the elaborate smuggling tunnels they build.....so one would think they'd be capable of building better sanitary facilities. I mean, the romans did it 2000 years ago....

Heck, we have similar problems here in the US in places.

It's generally a question of political will and priorities.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:56 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,007,732 times
Quote:
They could probably figure out something if they didn't spend all their time trying to kill people.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:59 AM

651 posts, read 703,900 times
Lets be fair the Jews are trying to kill off the Palestinians quietly in any way they can. The Jews will reap the whirlwind one day if they do not quit trying to bully the world. Its no wonder that the Jews get a bad rep.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Its not totally Israel stopping an infrastructure from being put it. Its the lack of cooperation from the PA to fund their own connection to one that was built in the West Bank. They petitioned it not to be opened because they stated it was built on Palestian land and thus don't want it shared with Israel.The reason why Palestinian waste water infrastructure is so poor is that plans for waste water plants face significant delays due to political fighting between Palestinian and Israeli authorities.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I just got done reading about all of the elaborate smuggling tunnels they build.....so one would think they'd be capable of building better sanitary facilities. ....
The tunnels are in Gaza and not the West Bank. Gaza is lead by Hamas and the West Bank is lead by Fatah. Neither cooperates with the other. Gaza doesn't spend its black market money on infrastructure. Instead they dump their sewage directly into the ocean.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:10 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,909,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
Lets be fair the Jews are trying to kill off the Palestinians quietly in any way they can. The Jews will reap the whirlwind one day if they do not quit trying to bully the world. Its no wonder that the Jews get a bad rep.
To think some say the same thing about Americans.........

Old 01-10-2013, 08:12 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,033,586 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I just got done reading about all of the elaborate smuggling tunnels they build.....so one would think they'd be capable of building better sanitary facilities. I mean, the romans did it 2000 years ago....
It's generally a question of political will and priorities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Gaza is lead by Hamas and the West Bank is lead by Fatah. Neither cooperates with the other. Gaza doesn't spend its black market money on infrastructure. Instead they dump their sewage directly into the ocean.
Facts won't mean much to the far-left, anti-Semite/ anti-Christians here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies