Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 12:53 PM

990 posts, read 938,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
So RWNJs are not well educated. But they go to the same schools as Democrats.

Is it your contention that Clinton, Kerry and Sotomayor are not well educated?
My point exactly. Clearly your complete inability to grasp the simple concept of my post is a sign that your education level is not very high.

And Bush and Alito aren't RWNJs, they are simply political figures who are staunchly different from Clinton, Kerry and Sotomayor and yet all attended the same school. Hence the FACT that education is NOT indoctrination.

Most RWNJs are not college graduates. Republicans may be, but Republicans aren't the ones saying that education is indoctrination...it's the RWNJs. RWNJs are usually rural, gun-loving (nothing wrong with that, I love guns too), blue-collar, not college educated, white men. They are the people who use "college boy" as an insult.

Anyone who bashes education obviously does not have one or did not get one with any value. Why would you bash something which provided you with value? I had a wonderful education and I value it greatly because it's given me the abilities that have allowed me to live a lifestyle which is much better than most Americans.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:57 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
And that's because it's all nonsense.

I am on a school board and this suggestion that our curriculum is filled with Communist propaganda and anti-Americanism is utterly false. We still require the kids to study American history, celebrate the great American heroes and we teach the kids about Capitalism the same way it's been taught for decades.

This notion that education is indoctrination is invented by idiots who haven't been in a school in decades and simply pull it from their patootie. The truth is that we still have kids read the same basic books that kids have been reading for years, they learn the same history, they do the same math, the same science, etc. Very little has changed, except now there are more specialized Charter Schools which focus on math, science, communications or other specialties. That's it. There's no national conspiracy to turn education into Communist hypnosis, it's merely insane ramblings from the RWNJs who clearly were not the academic stars growing up and suddenly think that now they have this wealth of knowledge about everything.
Do you speak for ALL schools? No you don't. How about you follow the news or at least read my last post. It's ALL facts. The reason you don't see it is because you are probably promoting it.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:57 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Do you speak for ALL schools? No you don't. How about you follow the news or at least read my last post. It's ALL facts. The reason you don't see it is because you are probably promoting it.
When is the next book burning?

Old 01-10-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Ah, that makes total sense. We are totally on the same page now, you believe all the hyperbole you read and create a blanket opinion on all teachers.
Yep, just like you do about Conservatives and gun owners. How do you like me now hypocrite!

Old 01-10-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
As soon as the Koran is let into our schools.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:00 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
Right after the communist beheading which is right after bible study After the book burning the public shaming of a gay. Refreshments will be served as well as obama is a communist speeches

Old 01-10-2013, 01:01 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Does your hyperbole that you listen to speak for ALL schools? Doubt it, but you will listen to what you want to listen to.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
My point exactly. Clearly your complete inability to grasp the simple concept of my post is a sign that your education level is not very high.

And Bush and Alito aren't RWNJs, they are simply political figures who are staunchly different from Clinton, Kerry and Sotomayor and yet all attended the same school. Hence the FACT that education is NOT indoctrination.

Most RWNJs are not college graduates. Republicans may be, but Republicans aren't the ones saying that education is indoctrination...it's the RWNJs. RWNJs are usually rural, gun-loving (nothing wrong with that, I love guns too), blue-collar, not college educated, white men. They are the people who use "college boy" as an insult.

Anyone who bashes education obviously does not have one or did not get one with any value. Why would you bash something which provided you with value? I had a wonderful education and I value it greatly because it's given me the abilities that have allowed me to live a lifestyle which is much better than most Americans.
I went to trade school instead of wasting my money on college and I bet I make a better living than you do... Oh wait, you're an overpaid school board moocher who sucks up our tax dollars in the name of selfishness.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:02 PM

593 posts, read 1,411,227 times
I think a certain segment of our society wants to return to the dark ages, when only the religious class had all the books, the knowledge and education and lorded it over the poorer classes. It makes it so much easier to control others when they don't have education and book learnin', don't you think?

And then keep 'em afraid of god and quaking at every little thing!

Old 01-10-2013, 01:02 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Seems like you can't go one week without someone posting a thread or story which portrays teaches or students in a negative light. Where is this coming from, I don't remember this amount of negative feelings towards teachers or students when I was younger.
Maybe because they keep doing stupid things, like this

"English Teacher Stomps on American Flag During Class Lecture

[LEFT]Here's something that will get you to scratch your head and wonder, "What was he thinking?" A high school English teacher is in hot water after he repeatedly stomped on an American flag as part of his classroom lesson. The teacher's actions have led to a suspension, and more fallout is likely to occur."

http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/2013/0.../?subscriber=1
[/LEFT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies