Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 06:21 PM

768 posts, read 880,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
A common pattern I have seen by anti gunners in threads is to not address the topic but throw insults or try to deflect the truth. So take the high road and ignore them, and reach out to those others with a open mind like the person I just talked about. Just because a person supports Obama or whoever on SOME issues doesn't mean they are your complete enemy, same in reverse for a democrat toward a republican or libertarian. The more who are brought in as pro-gun whoever they are the better.
Anyone who supports a statist is my enemy. I probably cant say what i think should be done with statists on here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 06:29 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
Anyone who supports a statist is my enemy. I probably cant say what i think should be done with statists on here...
Take it topic by topic. There are plenty of other debates to argue with back and forth be it taxes, SS, war, environment or whatever but when it comes to firearms that is a topic that is not just democrat liberal vs republican conservative. Creating a divide with them by going off on them because of other issues will alienate them to a cause they might agree with you on.

Most people do not sway one way 100% politically. The person I mentioned first post is big on health care and right or wrong he favors Obama on it, but that doesn't mean he can't be on your side on other issues.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:42 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,650 times
Quote:
An Obama supporter?

Probably nearer 8...
That's their typical IQ.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:23 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
An Obama supporter?

Probably nearer 8...
A study finding that “Fox News viewers have an IQ that is 20 points lower than the U.S. National average.” The release claims that the study was conducted over four years, tested 5,000 people, and found that Fox News viewers have an IQ of 80, compared with the national average of 100.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:27 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
The issue is not about "gun control", it's about "gun sense". The NRA, and those they really represent(gun business), are simply trying to protect their cash cow. The 100,000 new NRA members just add some money for the cash cow preservation effort.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:48 AM

147 posts, read 118,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The issue is not about "gun control", it's about "gun sense". The NRA, and those they really represent(gun business), are simply trying to protect their cash cow. The 100,000 new NRA members just add some money for the cash cow preservation effort.
Your statement is so true. There's probably only one more lobbyist group more powerful than the NRA and that would be either coal or oil lobbyists, something the GOP absolutely loves because it's all about the money and not so much about anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
A study finding that “Fox News viewers have an IQ that is 20 points lower than the U.S. National average.” The release claims that the study was conducted over four years, tested 5,000 people, and found that Fox News viewers have an IQ of 80, compared with the national average of 100.
That's pretty bad, knowing how many millions of people suck their propaganda up like a sponge.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:54 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
The majority of FOX viewers label themsleves independent or Democrat.

Jusr sayin.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:26 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
So, if the gun looks like a hunting rifle, and doesn't look like a M-16 your friend is like "oh wow, that doesn't look like a machine gun I guess people will need one?"

Hate to tell you this, your friend is stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Just had a discussion with someone I know 10 minutes ago face to face, he thought the Obama/Biden/Feinstein ban was on "military grade weapons". I showed him a pic of a Remington 7400 semi auto typically a hunting rifle , he said "oh I didn't know there were semi hunting rifles I thought semi auto was military only" and then I showed him how that hunting rifle is no more lethal than a AR and I saw the light go off in his eyes and he said "oh, now I see what you mean how the leaders misrepresent the guns.

It felt good to reach somebody like that, who generally supports guns but doesn't know that much about them realize how he got taken by propaganda.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:32 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
If "gun sense" we're the real objective, they would be putting efforts into securing schools, instead of taking rights away from the American people.

Gun laws do not stop gun deaths.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:32 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Default Liberal on Gun control

I am a political Liberal and far left of the Democrats economically. That being so, I firmly believe all sane law abiding people have an inherent right to be armed wherever they have a legal right to be if they were unarmed. I base this on the observation and belief that most people can be trusted to not use guns to commit crimes but are able to stop crimes from happening if they were armed.

I would like to see all the current guns laws repealed and replaced with a simple law that states using a gun to commit a felony is considered a far more sever crime than the original felony. I would also try to prevent convicted violent (not MJ growers) felons and proven crazy people from owning or carrying guns. The convicts and the crazies have proven themselves to be dangerously irresponsible and have far less freedom than regular citizens.

I consider proper gun control to simply be the judgment to select a legitimate target and the skill to hit it with the first shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies