Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 03:58 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times

Advertisements

Just had a discussion with someone I know 10 minutes ago face to face, he thought the Obama/Biden/Feinstein ban was on "military grade weapons". I showed him a pic of a Remington 7400 semi auto typically a hunting rifle , he said "oh I didn't know there were semi hunting rifles I thought semi auto was military only" and then I showed him how that hunting rifle is no more lethal than a AR and I saw the light go off in his eyes and he said "oh, now I see what you mean how the leaders misrepresent the guns.

It felt good to reach somebody like that, who generally supports guns but doesn't know that much about them realize how he got taken by propaganda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 04:05 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Just had a discussion with someone I know 10 minutes ago face to face, he thought the Obama/Biden/Feinstein ban was on "military grade weapons". I showed him a pic of a Remington 7400 semi auto typically a hunting rifle , he said "oh I didn't know there were semi hunting rifles I thought semi auto was military only" and then I showed him how that hunting rifle is no more lethal than a AR and I saw the light go off in his eyes and he said "oh, now I see what you mean how the leaders misrepresent the guns.

It felt good to reach somebody like that, who generally supports guns but doesn't know that much about them realize how he got taken by propaganda.

I am rapping in applause on a safety cup with my rubber spork.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:08 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:

How old was this person? 15, 16, 18 ??

Old 01-10-2013, 04:13 PM

1,458 posts, read 2,658,747 times
I'm sitting here feeling incredibly hypocritical.

Because on this topic, I'm with you, OP. Millions running their mouths, nodding their heads, without an actual understanding of the weapons in questions, the percentages of deaths, etc.

But that would be me on plenty of other issues. So...

Old 01-10-2013, 04:24 PM

374 posts, read 236,158 times
I like the misunderstanding of current laws myself.

Most never heard of NFA '34, Gun Control Act 1968, May 19th 1986, AWB '89, AWB '94, 4473, NICS and State laws that differ from State to State.

"We need MORE laws".

20,000 is ENOUGH already.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:25 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Most of the lefties dribbling nonsense about guns and gun control have never even touched a gun, much less fired one.

They simply don't have the vaguest idea what they're dribbling about, and it shows.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:31 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:

Knowledge and Truth usually win in the end.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
I'm sitting here feeling incredibly hypocritical.

Because on this topic, I'm with you, OP. Millions running their mouths, nodding their heads, without an actual understanding of the weapons in questions, the percentages of deaths, etc.

But that would be me on plenty of other issues. So...

One issue at a time. I don't know everything about everything nor do I follow a particular party line 100%. However on guns I do know a bit, and can easily see when someone like Feinstein or Biden is lieing about it. The person I mentioned is like many who in general terms supports gun rights but doesn't know enough as a expert to know when they are being feed BS.

And it is the kind like Feinstein, Bloomberg, Brady campaign, Biden and crew that hope to dupe those people. I had one person online recently on a guitar forum who thought the ban of 94 meant nobody could have one and that Bush not reinstating it let them again and when I explained the details they realized they were duped and as I explained the details they propose NOW the person realized that their handgun and others were in just as much of jeopardy though they thought it was only about *machine guns*.

Thank goodness for the internet it helps expose the lies.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:11 PM

768 posts, read 879,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
How old was this person? 15, 16, 18 ??
An Obama supporter?

Probably nearer 8...

Old 01-10-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
An Obama supporter?

Probably nearer 8...
A common pattern I have seen by anti gunners in threads is to not address the topic but throw insults or try to deflect the truth. So take the high road and ignore them, and reach out to those others with a open mind like the person I just talked about. Just because a person supports Obama or whoever on SOME issues doesn't mean they are your complete enemy, same in reverse for a democrat toward a republican or libertarian. The more who are brought in as pro-gun whoever they are the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies