Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 09:26 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
The only voter suppression that is being mad up is against Illegal aliens from voting in our elections and they should not be voting either!
Gosh if you want to be led around by your nose move to a country that already does that!
Miborn, I don’t want to take up too much time talking about voter suppression but there is a war being waged on non-conservative voters. Mr. Holder is on the frontline fighting against these unpatriotic losers. The same people whom claim voter suppression doesn’t exist are the ones working behind the seen to undo the Voting Rights Act.

Chris Williams: Voter Suppression Insults Democracy

Former Florida GOP leaders say voter suppression was reason... | www.palmbeachpost.com

Back to topic. Being led by the nose is blindingly following those that seek to use the mindless to fight for their tax cuts. Being led by the nose is being brainwashed to believe a multi-cultural America s a weakness. Being led by the nose is believing progress is a bad thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Anybody who advocate to take away the freedom and rights of the people should be treated as the enemy of the states.

I don't know what kind of sick and idiot people would follow someone who want to take people's rights away.
Lifeexplorer, I didn’t know advocating for responsible firearm regulation was taking freedom away. Gun regulation isn’t the same thing as a gun grab. It’s not even close! The 2nd amendment give citizens the right to bear arms and laws let citizens know which arms are legal and which are not.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:33 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
No shocker. Yet he still got confirmed. That wasnt the only thing hes said/done that shouldve kept him from leading our DOJ. But hey, who cares. The Kardashian whores are on. Too many people dont pay enough attention. Too wrapped up in a world of bs. And then you have the idiots who actually agree with him. This country is going down the tubes, plain and simple.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
If he had a vanilla face you would not be saying this. "Brother" Holder, like you have some sort of unspoken camaraderie because you're both black... Give me a freakin' break.

The guy is an arrogant screw up, who, because of "brother" Obama, is allowed to make a mockery of the federal judicial process, and cover-up an undeniably criminal operation that took place and ultimately victimized a sovereign nation to our south.

Get real and take off your blinders, man... "taking a stand on gun violence" Ha, you got that right. Here, Mr Cartel, here are some of the most lethal weapons the ATF has confiscated, now I hope you play nicely.
Some_Random_Guy, is see your main focus on my post was around me referring to Mr. holder as brother. Does this bother you? In your eyes am I not allowed to show camaraderie with someone fighting the struggle? And yes I do have vanilla brothers as well. They’re just probably not the type of guys you hang with. Now on to the guns! The video link was about Holder speaking about ways to reduce gun violence. It wasn’t a fast and furious conversation. And guess what is happening. His character is being assassinated because of his desire to reduce violence. How can you take a morale position opposing advocating reducing gun violence? Your rational doesn’t add up.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
No Shabazz. Brother Holder is not a great man. The young American boys who died on the beaches and in the forests of Europe were great men. The men who raise their children to have respect and self-respect and honesty and a desire to work and contribute to the country in which they were lucky enough to be born, are great men. The men who believe in the greatness and goodness of this country and the people who inhabit it, are great men. The men who just quietly live their lives every day, take care of their families, pay their bills, keep a roof over the heads and food on the tables of their families, are great men. The men who don't lie, impose their personal agendas on the rest of the country, set aside the Constitution when that framework is inconvenient, are great men.

This country is filled with great men. Eric Holder is not one of them.
Juneaubound, your argument can’t hold water. 1st the greatness of other men does not effect the greatness of someone else especially when said person is in a different generation. Just because Toussaint Louverture was great doesn’t take away from the greatness of MLK. 2nd, anyone whom is attacked for fighting the good fight will be criticized! Especially by those on the opposite side of righteous men! We’ve seen the evil people criticize Gandhi, we’ve seen evil people criticize Dr. King, and we’ve seen evil people criticize Rosa Parks. Criticism is expected when you’re fighting for progress…

Old 01-11-2013, 12:07 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Juneaubound, your argument can’t hold water. 1st the greatness of other men does not effect the greatness of someone else especially when said person is in a different generation. Just because Toussaint Louverture was great doesn’t take away from the greatness of MLK. 2nd, anyone whom is attacked for fighting the good fight will be criticized! Especially by those on the opposite side of righteous men! We’ve seen the evil people criticize Gandhi, we’ve seen evil people criticize Dr. King, and we’ve seen evil people criticize Rosa Parks. Criticism is expected when you’re fighting for progress…
I agree with you in that those fighting for progress should expect to be (and are) criticized. Where we part ways is what the definition of progress is. We also do not agree on what the battle is all about. I won't change your mind and you won't change my mind on either of those issues so let's not belabor it.

We also agree that there were great men in every generation. Definition of greatness is a personal matter. MLK was not a perfect man. He was a human man and I consider him a great man. Others did not then and some still do not now. The fact that I do not consider Holder to be a great man does not take away from the respect I have for King.

The point of my previous post is that I do not consider Holder to be a great man. I do not consider him to be an honorable man, an honest man, a man of empathy or understanding, a man who is intellectually honest, and I do not agree with much of the agenda he has. When the next generation (and the one after that) looks back on this time period I don't believe that history will put Holder in the same league as the others we have mentioned here.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:08 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Anybody who advocate to take away the freedom and rights of the people should be treated as the enemy of the states.

I don't know what kind of sick and idiot people would follow someone who want to take people's rights away.
It's ok because it is not their rights it's the other guys... And yes I agree they should be treated as an enemy

Old 01-11-2013, 12:10 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The democrats will fall in line with anything Obama says. Just like Hitler followers. He ordered the Jews to the ovens and they jailed and killed the Jews as they listened to Hitler. This is no different.

Little by little the man in power will take away our rights and all will seem right to them who agree. Just like the supporters of Hitler who starved and murdered many in the gas chambers. It all seems right to them as their leader directed them to do it.
The thing is this video is from 1995...
And this is what conservatives have talked about is the circle of people who obama has surrounded himself with

Old 01-11-2013, 05:15 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Some_Random_Guy, is see your main focus on my post was around me referring to Mr. holder as brother. Does this bother you? In your eyes am I not allowed to show camaraderie with someone fighting the struggle? And yes I do have vanilla brothers as well. They’re just probably not the type of guys you hang with. Now on to the guns! The video link was about Holder speaking about ways to reduce gun violence. It wasn’t a fast and furious conversation. And guess what is happening. His character is being assassinated because of his desire to reduce violence. How can you take a morale position opposing advocating reducing gun violence? Your rational doesn’t add up.
the video was about his stance on gun control.....fast forward 12 years later, he lets 5,000 guns and assault rifles walk into Mexico... right into the hands of murderous cartels...

Helllooooo????

He assassinated his own character.....

Old 01-11-2013, 07:00 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Weird. Calling Holder great ,Eric Holder who put guns into the hands of criminals. How great is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies