Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2013, 06:18 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,313,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And people on welfare make around 50K when its all said and done for just rolling over in bed.

Welfare leaches pay 0% federal income taxes. And you call that fair? There is something wrong with your math and sense of fairness.

Please provide porof that ANYONE on welfare make anywhere near 50k, unless you are talking about CORPERATE WELFARE then you are underestimating that amount. And yes again there are alot of companies that pay 0 taxes but yet still get millions in refunds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 06:19 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Why don't you start a business and pay people what you think they should be paid? Why are you depending on other people to do it if you know it all.
Again, I asked all you complainers the above question and again it was ignored. lol

Old 01-11-2013, 08:34 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO...wow! And a big time millionaire like yourself can still find the time to kibbitz with us little people on CD. I'm impressed!

So millionaires really care about the opinions of peons on random websites, huh? When did this trend start?

Anyway...yeah, I believe you.:
So you think that people of my income level never go on the Internet? That IS FUNNY. What we do not do is-

Shop at malls in public

Go to common restaurants (Olive Garden, etc)

Play golf at public courses

Go to grocery stores

Go to movies

We are not seen in public and associate among ourselves, generally at our country club, Good restaurants, or at private booths for plays and sporting events.

You will never see me and my friends, as we are private and do not want to be seen.

I find it amusing that you think someone who makes over $1 million per year is "special". That is hilarious; I am a relative pauper in my peer group. You must be very jealous and envious; you are a fool- find faith and peace instead.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So you think that people of my income level never go on the Internet? That IS FUNNY. What we do not do is-

Shop at malls in public

Go to common restaurants (Olive Garden, etc)

Play golf at public courses

Go to grocery stores

Go to movies

We are not seen in public and associate among ourselves, generally at our country club, Good restaurants, or at private booths for plays and sporting events.

You will never see me and my friends, as we are private and do not want to be seen.

I find it amusing that you think someone who makes over $1 million per year is "special". That is hilarious; I am a relative pauper in my peer group. You must be very jealous and envious; you are a fool- find faith and peace instead.
Oh, you're a pauper alright. I already knew that.

Stop...you're trying too hard.

I mean, you spent 3/4th's of the post explaining how set apart from the rest of us you are, but then accuse me of considering you to be special.

Why would I think that when I believe that you're just some factory worker somewhere?

Old 01-11-2013, 08:58 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,108,949 times
In 2001, that guy was stiffing waitresses and blaming Al Qaeda.
In 2003, that guy was stiffing waitresses and blaming recession
In 2007, that guy was stiffing waitresses and blaming the housing bubble
In 2009, that guy was stiffing waitresses and blaming Obamacare
In 2011, that guy was stiffing waitresses and blaming the debt ceiling deal...

Old 01-11-2013, 09:00 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,524,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
So the waiter, who may have voted for Romney for all the diners know, get's stiffed because they're ticked with Obama.

And all the neocons here think, "Yeah! We'll show them! Look what you get with Obama in office!!" Meanwhile the waiter, who is on his feet all day and trying to pay his bills and is NOT at home collecting a check from the government is getting stiffed.

The Republican Party: Giving the finger to working people one waiter at a time.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Meanwhile, small business owners work 12 / 16 hour days, make a budget, worry about sales and making payroll and worry about paying all expenses but you didn't have a problem attacking them did you now. So! Hows it feel?

And No to getting back at Obama supporters by tipping less, they are just cutting back. People know they have to pay higher taxes, their expenses increased so they are forced to cut back. They will still want to eat out and buy things but they will be more selective in how they spend their money everywhere, tipping is the last thing you should be concerned about. At least people have the common sense to cut spending unlike Obama and democrats.
If they can't afford to tip then they should move to another country where the tip is already included with the meal.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Sounds to me that the man kept the money instead of tipping. The waitress didn't get the money. Who is the loser?

Again! People have the right to spend their money the way they want. Who the hell are you to judge people for how they spend their money.
If they don't leave a decent tip they are cheap.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
tip or no tip - nothing to do with Obama.

tipping is entirely up to you, and as someone else mentioned, why should the customer be expected to pay the server's wages anyway?
Because they pay a certain percentage of taxes on tips so when they don't get tipped or a low tip they pay for part of your meal.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:23 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh, you're a pauper alright. I already knew that.

Stop...you're trying too hard.

I mean, you spent 3/4th's of the post explaining how set apart from the rest of us you are, but then accuse me of considering you to be special.

Why would I think that when I believe that you're just some factory worker somewhere?
You see, "desert-detroiter", I don't care about you at all or what you think, as you are economically and politically irrelevant.

I have wealth,income, and thus SOME local and state political power and personal economic security and comfort. I know our Governor and republican senator personally. I am set in life.

Do I care about you? No- you are a lower income democrat and are irrelevant. Sorry, but the truth hurts. I would not even let you carry my bag at Glen Oaks.

P.S.- Arizona, outside of Scotsdale North, Troon, and Dove Mountain in Tuscon is a dump. It is a desert version of Detroit.

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 01-11-2013 at 09:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies