Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 10:48 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Their definition of "Liberty" sure comes with a lot of obligatory requirements, doesn't it? Mandatory militia duty, mandatory firearms testing, mandatory stockpiling, mandatory to carry a handgun in the town center. But they make it clear that there's no HOA, so I guess that's good.

Kinda reminds me of the European Maoist collectives of the 70s - making sure the children are raised with no influence from the decadent surrounding society, training for the inevitable armed struggle soon to come etc.

And if they're going to be anything like previous experiments of this sort, insanely focused on preparing for defense against an outer enemy, then it will be interesting to see what happens when no enemy shows up. Enclaves of this sort have at times turned their attention towards finding and uprooting impure ideological elements in their midst, and that can turn real ugly, real quick. For consenting adults, whatever - but the kids growing up are going to have an interesting time when they get out in the real world.

Anyway, when did hitting a man-sized target 7 times out of 10 at 100 yards mean "proficient"?
From what I gather, it seems as though they do not allow total property ownership and use leases instead of fee simple ownership. So much for freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 11:01 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
It's a good idea. It keeps a whole bunch of wacko idiots in one place where they can be watched.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:04 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I found the life-long lease (paid off in only 30 years!) interesting. Does that mean you will not own the land you stand on? The house must be made of concrete, but you are free to choose the interior you want, at your expense? Yet, you can be tossed out if the panel decides you violated the Code?

Note that they do not claim to be a 'non-profit' organization, but 'not profit driven'.
Ah, missed that. So if you p.ss of somebody who has influence with "The Panel", you're out on your ear, and you can't cash out any equity in your home. I guess that's Liberty - or, as some would call it, the HOA from Hell.

Damn, but the lawsuits will be hilarious - if this ever gets off the ground, which I doubt.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:02 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,756,497 times
so much hate and lunacy from the left on this thread.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:25 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Kudos to them.
I don't think they will be allowed to grow to big before they are smashed down however.

Can you imagine the harm to the economic system and damage to the government and their bankster cronies if everyone decided to go off the grid?

All that potential labor and productivity going to waste so they can just "sit around and do as they please" when it could be funneling profits into Wall Street.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:43 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post

All that potential labor and productivity going to waste so they can just "sit around and do as they please" when it could be funneling profits into Wall Street.
You mean to tell me the government would be upset with a community of rebellious slaves?

Old 01-11-2013, 12:45 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
This is great. These types should self segregate, so we don't have to go through the trouble of putting them on reservations in 50yrs.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:47 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
This is great. These types should self segregate, so we don't have to go through the trouble of putting them on reservations in 50yrs.
WINNER!!!! WINNER!!! Most racist post of the week!!! Whoohooo!! Tell her what she's won, Bob!!!

Old 01-11-2013, 12:57 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Insanity.
No comment.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
It sounds like a white supremacist domestic terrorist training camp to me. At least it will be easy for the drones to take out a bunch of them at once if necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies