Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 01:01 PM

46,949 posts, read 25,979,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Can you imagine the harm to the economic system and damage to the government and their bankster cronies if everyone decided to go off the grid?
If they promise to stay off the Internet, I'll chip in a fiver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 01:04 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
WINNER!!!! WINNER!!! Most racist post of the week!!! Whoohooo!! Tell her what she's won, Bob!!!
Here's what we've got Guy!

A all expense paid trip to the famous Gulag resort in Siberia!

The best thing about this vacation is that it's permanent!! (pending White House legistlation)

Old 01-11-2013, 01:09 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Here's what we've got Guy!

A all expense paid trip to the famous Gulag resort in Siberia!

The best thing about this vacation is that it's permanent!! (pending White House legistlation)
Gulag, you say?! Sounds like a hoot! You think they have an all-inclusive option?

Old 01-11-2013, 01:18 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
They've had these kinds of developments for years; I remember 15 years ago or so a BBC reporter spent some time in one in Idaho.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:21 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ah, missed that. So if you p.ss of somebody who has influence with "The Panel", you're out on your ear, and you can't cash out any equity in your home. I guess that's Liberty - or, as some would call it, the HOA from Hell.

Damn, but the lawsuits will be hilarious - if this ever gets off the ground, which I doubt.
Exactly.

Everyone who wants to yell "From my cold, dead hands!" moves there, sinks all of their money into it, then finds out that someone else IS the boss of him. lol. Uproarious.

Imagine. All the suckers signing a "Patriot Agreement" that gives ALL the power to settle "disputes" to an arbitration panel which has the right to eject the homeowner from the community.

Someone is brilliant. Appeal to all the Freedomnistas, take their money, lock them into your agreement, then make yourself the boss and take away freedoms from anyone you don't like. Warren Jeffs would be proud.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Exactly.

Everyone who wants to yell "From my cold, dead hands!" moves there, sinks all of their money into it, then finds out that someone else IS the boss of him. lol. Uproarious.

Imagine. All the suckers signing a "Patriot Agreement" that gives ALL the power to settle "disputes" to an arbitration panel which has the right to eject the homeowner from the community.

Someone is brilliant. Appeal to all the Freedomnistas, take their money, lock them into your agreement, then make yourself the boss and take away freedoms from anyone you don't like. Warren Jeffs would be proud.
LOL, convince everyone that the best way to escape the tyranny of a democratically elected government is to submit to the rule of a fascist militia instead. It is scary to think about the large number of idiot Americans that actually believe this crap.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
It's a good idea. It keeps a whole bunch of wacko idiots in one place where they can be watched.
It would make a great reality show.

Episode 1: Jim Bob and June move to the compound only to find Bobby Ray is watching them from the guard tower.

Episode 2: June discovers no one remembered to install septic tanks.

Episode 3: A record 36" of snow hits, the perimeter gates are blocked and the community runs out of Spaghetti O's.

Episode 4: Cannibalism begins! (Parental guidance suggested.)

Old 01-11-2013, 01:32 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Great idea.

The community where I have my farm is completely armed and flies the Gadson Flag. I think I am already there, so there would be no reason to move. That area is far from being "neo-nazi" and is just a bunch of farmers who are "live and let live" type people. I have never heard "fascist" or racist rhetoric among those folks.

I am always a little suspicous of organizations trying to get a group of people "of like mind" together with a certain set of rules. It sounds a little too much like a Jim Jones situation. How about just let others choose to live how they prefer and have minimal interference from the government? In that case, there is no need for "redoubts".

I wonder, however............. why is there not similar concern over communes and two of the Muslim "camps" that have sprung up in America?
The Gadson Flag? What the f*** is that? It's called the Gadsden Flag.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:38 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
so much hate and lunacy from the left on this thread.
Well, I'll tell you something. WE don't feel it's necessary to band together in an exclusive wingnut community way out in the back of beyond. These cultlike groups are ALWAYS bad news.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:00 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I found the life-long lease (paid off in only 30 years!) interesting. Does that mean you will not own the land you stand on? The house must be made of concrete, but you are free to choose the interior you want, at your expense? Yet, you can be tossed out if the panel decides you violated the Code?

Note that they do not claim to be a 'non-profit' organization, but 'not profit driven'.

Anyway, if you live in such a planned community, why would everyone need weapons? Are you going to be afraid of your neighbors?
I picked up on the same things.

Then there's the pesky issue of discretionary stuff like:

Water?
Electric?
Sewage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies