Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2013, 09:29 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
I want them to be loaded, that the point of having them when they are needed.

They shut schools down for someone doing something legal? It is called paranoia and overreaction.
I agree,

however,

I want this anti gun nut to answer questions that he/she suggested happened...

When you have to lie, to prove your point, make yourself look better, you are showing you willful ignorance to the real problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 09:30 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Being allowed to carry weapons in public can go away.
Not while we still have a Constitutional right to do so.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:31 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:

They shut schools down for someone doing something legal? It is called paranoia and overreaction.
If every gun owner open carried in Portland, the schools wouldn't be able to shut down and get away with providing an education. They'd get used to it anyway.

This is a great example of how if you don't use your right, you begin to lose it. Every gun owner in an open carry state needs to open carry.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:35 AM

945 posts, read 968,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
If every gun owner open carried in Portland, the schools wouldn't be able to shut down and get away with providing an education. They'd get used to it anyway.

This is a great example of how if you don't use your right, you begin to lose it. Every gun owner in an open carry state needs to open carry.
100% agreement, some of the sheeple on this forum are baffling that they lack the most basic of common sense and logic.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:38 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:

Some school in a rural area has been calling the police because of hearing distant gunshots. People are acres away on their own property target shooting or hunting and the police have to track them down. The police have decided people need to call them before they go out hunting or target practicing. I'm not sure they can enforce this.

I heard gunshots about a half hour ago. It's a semi rural area where it's legal to hunt. If I can hear it from my office, they can hear it at the jr high school nearby. I wonder, did they call the police.? No, because this area isn't paranoid unlike that other school, which is in a town of transplants from *other* places, all looking for the country life, but then they can't handle it.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:46 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
You have to realize that in the warped mentally ill minds of gun fetishists, their rights to walk around with assault weapons supercedes the right of a seven year old to not have to worry about being shot when they go to get ice cream.

If the seven year olds dad WAS MAN ENOUGH to be carrying his own assault rifle, having it drawn and pointed at everyone in the ice cream shop who also had an assault rifle, then the seven year old would surely be safe.

Is anyone else tired of placating infantile overgrown children's gun fetishes?
What world do you live in? Rifles, in the USA, are used for three primary things: sport shooting, hunting, and collecting. The only reason they are being singled out is precisely because people don't know anything about them and are too lazy to look up the facts. Unless you happen to live in one of the poor neighborhoods that have gang problems your kid isn't likely to be shot by any gun, much less a rifle.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:50 AM

945 posts, read 968,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Some school in a rural area has been calling the police because of hearing distant gunshots. People are acres away on their own property target shooting or hunting and the police have to track them down. The police have decided people need to call them before they go out hunting or target practicing. I'm not sure they can enforce this.

I heard gunshots about a half hour ago. It's a semi rural area where it's legal to hunt. If I can hear it from my office, they can hear it at the jr high school nearby. I wonder, did they call the police.? No, because this area isn't paranoid unlike that other school, which is in a town of transplants from *other* places, all looking for the country life, but then they can't handle it.

If they came to my property while I was target shooting because someone called the police I would swiftly show them the exit, not comply with any questions and tell them to educate the morons that wasted police power and created an unjust panic.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:02 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsavior View Post
Men armed with assault rifles walk through Portland to 'educate' public on gun rights | Fox News

Two men seen walking down a Portland street armed with assault rifles told police they were exercising their Second Amendment rights and hoping to educate the public on gun rights.
Several calls were made to 911 on Wednesday afternoon, with alarmed residents reporting two men with guns strapped to their backs walking through the area of Southeast Seventh Avenue and Spokane Street in Portland's Sellwood neighborhood.
When police arrived on the scene, they found two 22-year-old men carrying rifles openly on their backs. The two were also holding valid concealed handgun licenses in Oregon, according to Fox affiliate KPTV.
The men reportedly told officers that they were seeking to educate onlookers about their Second Amendment rights.

=

LOL, i dont think these idiots really know what they are doing. I mean, come on, what is the point of displaying these assault rifles?
Nothing but attention whores.
I call BULL.

Unless those weapons are fully automatic, they are NOT assault rifles.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:05 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I don't really see what the issue is. If it's legal then what's the problem?
Innocent people have died in mass shoot-outs by legal guns.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:06 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
Innocent people have died in mass shoot-outs by legal guns.
So, what does this have to do with the OP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies