Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 12:39 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Where did the conservative rag, I mean your friend's blog get their info from?? Surely there must be a source. Some drunk guy in an alley??

To quote Bobby De Niro in "The Untouchables"

"You got nutin"
My statement proven right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 12:41 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
My statement proven right.
Let's see your source, unless you are afraid you'll get ridiculed.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:41 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto2988 View Post
The Qatari owners of the station support the brotherhood. so they tend to avoid showing them in a negative light oe underplay unrest in places like Egypt.
Evidence please.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Evidence please.
Ztruth typad sez so, so it must be, it's the truth, or the Ztruth

Owner of Al Jazeera met with Hamas leader!

Old 01-11-2013, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Won't matter what I post, it is from a conservative web site so you will dismiss it. I heard it from Giraldo Rivera though and he goes around the world doing interviews.
Geez...this is basically an admission that the only news you ingest comes from conservative websites. SMH...really?

First of all, Rivera isn't a conservative, so I can trust his word somewhat (with supporting evidence nearby). But still, a million conservative bloggers would've put any clip like that on YouTube to support their typical anti Al Jazeera position.

So please, find that clip. An incident like that would be quite infamous, and would have lots of notoriety. It's gotta be out there somewhere.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Ztruth typad sez so, so it must be, it's the truth, or the Ztruth

Owner of Al Jazeera met with Hamas leader!
Wow! That's what they're reduced to coming up with?

LMAO...this thread isn't putting the anti-Al Jazeera crowd in much of a good light. It's just nothing but weak inference and innuendo. Not a shred of hard evidence.

Why won't they just say it: "Rush and Hannity said its bad, so its bad."

Easy enough.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Wow! That's what they're reduced to coming up with?

LMAO...this thread isn't putting the anti-Al Jazeera crowd in much of a good light. It's just nothing but weak inference and innuendo. Not a shred of hard evidence.

Why won't they just say it: "Rush and Hannity said its bad, so its bad."

Easy enough.
This is basically their source. Deep throat has been outed. That is all.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:06 AM

510 posts, read 430,531 times
Quote:
Can someone explain it to me. I've watched the channel plenty of times. Didn't see anything bad.
They're not horrifically bad, they're just kinda Fox News for the terrorist set, which should bother you if you're a Fox News whiner.

I'm speaking of the full-strength Arabic version mind you, not the happy rainbows version they pipe in for the kafir.

They would do things like claim Americans were blowing up ambulances in Iraq by showing edited footage of US soldiers shooting at them while leaving out the parts where you saw terrorists loading weapons into them, etc.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:46 AM

910 posts, read 1,318,593 times
Al Jazeera's biggest problem is they don't air things which are damaging to the Qatari government, which is fairly repressive. But in that respect they're no worse than the BBC or any other state-owned media source, and in many cases they do a much better job reporting on issues especially in the Middle East than western news agencies. Other than that, they alright. Not as fun to watch as Russia Today, but what is.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:20 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Let's see your source, unless you are afraid you'll get ridiculed.
There is no source its just a rightie saying anything they want hoping the gullible will lap it up..
Proof?

Romney in a landslide
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies