Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 05:41 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,121,786 times

Advertisements

Our Dear Marxist leader is coming for our guns...Could this be the beginning of a civil war...

After Meeting, NRA Says White House Has 'Agenda to Attack the Second Amendment' | The Weekly Standard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 05:50 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
Default NRA propogandists

I have been in the NRA for a couple of decades and I would not expect them to say anything else even if president Obama told them he supported gun rights. The NRA is less concerned with supporting gun sports than it is in enhancing gun sales and its sacred ILA lobby. The NRA could care less about hunters and target shooters. We are only there to buy guns and send money.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:15 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,940,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I have been in the NRA for a couple of decades and I would not expect them to say anything else even if president Obama told them he supported gun rights. The NRA is less concerned with supporting gun sports than it is in enhancing gun sales and its sacred ILA lobby. The NRA could care less about hunters and target shooters. We are only there to buy guns and send money.
That's really it. The NRA saying Obama is attacking the Second Amendment is like al Qaeda saying that the U.S. is against Muslims. We would expect nothing else from them -- even though it's not true.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:16 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,805,242 times
Quote:
No kidding, was anyone actually expecting the NRA nutcases to be adults and say something positive?

Old 01-11-2013, 06:25 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,663,903 times
The NRA concluded its nothing about safety but an attack on law abiding citizens who own guns legally.

It was all about taking away rights from law abiding citizens.

Nothing about safety.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:27 AM

143 posts, read 122,102 times
Quote:

Spot on! I have been a member of NRA for over 20 years myself because they do have a powerful voice on protecting gun rights although like you said not so more for the Constitutional right of the individual than to ensure folks like Smith and Wesson and Remington will have a market to sell to. Having said that, the NRA tends to go over the top in the rhetoric, but politicians listen to them because, like all lobbyist, they have a lot of sackfuls of money to drop on their desks.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:32 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,412 times
I don't really care what the lunatic NRA says anymore, they lost their sanity.

If a bunch of fat barely educated angry gun nuts think they can start a war and win it, then they need a mental illness check. It is not "patriotic" to open fire on civilians, those who are expressing their first amendment rights they don't agree with, and those that enforce the law. The people who do that are criminals.

I hope they only hurt themselves in the process, because there isn't much a bunch of criminal hicks with a rifles can do against an F-16, a tank, or even a drone.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:35 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,663,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post

If a bunch of fat barely educated angry gun nuts think they can start a war and win it, then they need a mental illness check. It is not "patriotic" to open fire on civilians, those who are expressing their first amendment rights they don't agree with, and those that enforce the law. The people who do that are criminals.

I hope they only hurt themselves in the process, because there isn't much a bunch of criminal hicks with a rifles can do against an F-16, a tank, or even a drone.
How are law abiding citizens criminals?

Quote:
I don't really care what the lunatic NRA says anymore, they lost their sanity.
By saying?

Old 01-11-2013, 06:37 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
How are law abiding citizens criminals?
It is law abiding to start a civil war and shooting at people?

Old 01-11-2013, 11:19 PM

717 posts, read 647,653 times
As long as the government has tanks, ships, mines, rockets, napalm, Aircraft, Bio-chemical and nuclear weapons and SERIOUS guns, they will always win! If you don't understand that then it will be a vast surprise to you as you die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies