Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 09:22 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They may not have a say but their CEO, Rupert Murdoch does, seems rather hypocritical to take issue with arabs when your company is partly owned by the same.
Murdoch may be a hypocrite, but that would be based on other information, not this. It's a publicly traded company. Other than purchasing all the available shares himself, Murdoch has no way to prevent anyone from purchasing them.

If you want to get on Murdoch, do so based on HIS decision to be a part owner of Rotana, which is nothing more than a Saudi propaganda machine.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:53 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Murdoch may be a hypocrite, but that would be based on other information, not this. It's a publicly traded company. Other than purchasing all the available shares himself, Murdoch has no way to prevent anyone from purchasing them.

If you want to get on Murdoch, do so based on HIS decision to be a part owner of Rotana, which is nothing more than a Saudi propaganda machine.
Murdoch along with saudi muslim Al-Waleed Bin Talal are the co-owners that own fox. They also own an anti-american islamic channel which brings the hypocrisy to epic proportions.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:55 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Murdoch along with saudi muslim Al-Waleed Bin Talal are the co-owners that own fox. They also own an anti-american islamic channel which brings the hypocrisy to epic proportions.
You have no idea what it means to own stock in a publicly traded company do you?

Old 01-13-2013, 11:39 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You have no idea what it means to own stock in a publicly traded company do you?
You still haven't answered if it bothers you that your beloved fox propaganda is co-owned by a saudi muslim that along with murdoch also own an anti-american islamic network.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:50 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Where's the link, Stewart is a liberal you know, it may just be propaganda. Supply link, supply the story. Lies all lies or do you think the left doesn't need to do that but the right does. Bazinga.

Why would anyone trust a comedy show for hard news anyway. You do know Stewart's show is comedy don't you?
I am beginning to believe that Right wingers think that propaganda means "lie".

Old 01-14-2013, 12:16 AM

6,802 posts, read 6,715,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Where's the link, Stewart is a liberal you know, it may just be propaganda. Supply link, supply the story. Lies all lies or do you think the left doesn't need to do that but the right does. Bazinga.

Why would anyone trust a comedy show for hard news anyway. You do know Stewart's show is comedy don't you?
The young seem to be getting their news from Stewart.

Young Get News From Comedy Central - CBS News

http://ww2.odu.edu/al/jpjones/Fake%20News.pdf

For myself I'm kinda tired of MSNBC reporting on what they said on Fox and vice-versa, not to mention the Daily Show.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:53 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I notice that none of you right wing types are addressing the OP and Stewart's destruction of Fox for spreading a huge lie about Gore and Al Jazeera.
And I noticed on the thread about that Democrat who announced that they should "restrict the freedoms of conservatives" there was a distinct lack of substantive posts by liberals so it goes both ways.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:39 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Something I've noticed in this forum is an almost bizarre large number of threads started by the same handful of people who seem to go out of their way to find articles, "studies" and what not against Fox News. Just seems really odd. If the network were really so bad, why waste all this time and effort here instead of just waiting for it to self-destruct? I suspect something else may be going on...

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...aid-shill.html
Something that I've noticed, when someone doesn't have an argument against the premise, they attack the poster.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:41 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
You still haven't answered if it bothers you that your beloved fox propaganda is co-owned by a saudi muslim that along with murdoch also own an anti-american islamic network.
I haven't answered because your question isn't logic, I don't watch Fox but it's not co-owned by anyone as you claim.

Simply owning stock in a publicly traded company doesn't make you the "co-owner". You don't understand what "publicly traded company" means and that's cool, be proud of your ignorance. Wear it like a badge of honor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies