Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 12:00 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,377,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
...but I have moderators I will appeal to if you do not Cease and Desist. Capiche?
The far-left's answer to everything - call Mommy (government).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 12:02 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,750,259 times
Quote:
The 2nd Amendment in particular is under scrutiny because of the vocal protestations of gun advocates who have been invoking it in response to the NATURAL reaction of Americans to the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary. I didn't say anything about the rest of the Constitution. Doubtless there are other proviso's in there that should be revisited. One damn thing at a time, please. Right now, the issue is guns. Not all guns, only assault rifles and/or high capacity ammunition clips. It is difficult to imagine the Framers protecting these devices in the 2nd Amendment since they were only invented 60 years ago, if that.

H
Natural my ass. The natural reaction is shock, horror, sympathy for the victims, appreciation for one's own children and anger at the perpetrator for doing something so terrible in the first place.

The Mass Media on the other hand is doing it's damndest to manipulate the anger away from the Perpetrator and at an inanimate object instead.

Now "assault rifles" must be banned or the world is gonna end even though the lawmakers let the ban go away because it was clear from REAL, HARD STATISTICS that the ban did not serve to improve crime statistics IN ANY WAY.

My fellow Americans, you are being jerked around by somebody with an agenda.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:03 PM

25,789 posts, read 16,429,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
If some Democrats aren't trying to lynch the 2nd Amendment I have to wonder just what they do want. All here have heard about Feinstein's latest attempt to ban guns, altogether. Consider the fact that more than 75% of all handguns owned in this country today have magazines that exceed her 10 round maximum. If that doesn't call for a complete ban it gets her very close to what she said in 1995 when she tried to get it done. She did say, paraphrased, "If I could get 51 votes to ban them all I would certainly try for it." It is getting more and more obvious that Feinstein and Obama want guns banned.

I guess most people here do know that Hitler said, again paraphrased, "To enslave a people make sure you take away their gun."

CCKBA: LYNCHING THE 2ND AMENDMENT « Freedom Is Just Another Word…
I highly doubt she'll get anything close to this done, but if she did it would put her in the history books as accomplishing one of the most significant steps forward in the nation's history.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:04 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,893,693 times
Quote:
You are so right when you say one thing at a time. I am sure that progressives have finally found the very thing they can begin the destruction of our Constitution with. Just think about the threat by VP Biden the other day that they may use executive orders to eat away at the 2nd Amendment and then apply it to other parts of the Constitution that our good President has called attention to as parts he doesn't like.
You know Roy... for all your insistence that "progressives" have this blatant agenda to destroy America and **** on her ashes, who actually does the most harm when in power?? An objective look at administrations since.... say Reagan... I'm hanged if I can see that it was any Democrats aim to wreck America economically, militarily or socially. In just two terms in office Bush II put America's economy on Life Support. Romney threatened to bring America back to almost forgotten scenes of black market abortions performed with coat-hangers. Your rhetoric just doesn't wash.

People do some crazy things but a black man aspiring to the White House? That's deep dontcha know, homie could have got shot for his trouble. Dude must really LOVE America. If he hated America so bad, there are a thousand less personally hazardous ways to attempt to take her down than to try and do it by taking the controls himself. There's Congress for one thing... ... did you forget them? Oh... yah... you think they are all in on it. Hundreds of men and women from all walks of American life united in the goal to bring America to wrack and ruin... ... is it against TOS if I observe that it takes major league psychosis to imagine such crap.

Everyone who has an opinion that you don't share is not out to publicly burn the American flag. Concern about guns does not mean that next they will prevent you from voting. It might come to pass that an assault weapons ban proves not to be enough... ... I know, I know... but trust me, once they get the guns... all the guns... we'd be good. Scouts honor! You can trust Obama. Me, not so much. If I were running this show, I'd have it so all the virgins were brought to me before they go to anyone else. Some real old fashioned abuse of power is just what this country needs. Perspective is a valuable tool.

H

Old 01-11-2013, 12:07 PM

67 posts, read 126,208 times
Quote:
If some Democrats aren't trying to lynch the 2nd Amendment I have to wonder just what they do want. All here have heard about Feinstein's latest attempt to ban guns, altogether. Consider the fact that more than 75% of all handguns owned in this country today have magazines that exceed her 10 round maximum. If that doesn't call for a complete ban it gets her very close to what she said in 1995 when she tried to get it done. She did say, paraphrased, "If I could get 51 votes to ban them all I would certainly try for it." It is getting more and more obvious that Feinstein and Obama want guns banned.

I guess most people here do know that Hitler said, again paraphrased, "To enslave a people make sure you take away their gun."

CCKBA: LYNCHING THE 2ND AMENDMENT « Freedom Is Just Another Word…
Theyre a bunch of racists freedom haters. Guns are only a big deal when rich white kids get shot.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:23 PM

16,433 posts, read 22,143,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Right. Personal attack aside, I feel pretty confident I understand the issue.
If you understand the issue, show me where the expressions "sporting use", "hunting", or "personal/home defense" appear in the 2nd Amendment.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:25 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,658,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If you understand the issue, show me where the expressions "sporting use", "hunting", or "personal/home defense" appear in the 2nd Amendment.
Or for that matter, "gun(s)"

Old 01-11-2013, 12:28 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,893,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
The natural reaction is shock, horror, sympathy for the victims, appreciation for one's own children and anger at the perpetrator for doing something so terrible in the first place.
In other words, **** that don't mean nothin' in the long run. That's what got us to this point. When do you finally take the car keys from Mom? After the 4th fender bender? After her car goes through a store window? After she runs into a crowd of co-eds at the Community College killing thee of them? You won't have to bother, at that point, the State will take things over from you. Mom's keys, her car, her whole life, will belong to the State for probably the rest of her life. The ineffective children of America's moral compass have stood wringing their hands as mounting evidence of America's unfitness to drive displays itself. There was an intervention after James Brady was shot but Mom is VERY persistent. Now we've got dead children and Mother is still completely unrepentant. There is no reasoning with her when she's like this. If ever some American nutjob does something really bad to a sitting head of another Sovereign you will see stuff that will make Sandy just like what you said. Just another shooting that we should have simply wept over, dried our eyes and got back to the normal low roar of 100 gun fatalities daily. I'd rather not see my Mom humiliated in front of the world being dragged off in handcuffs. If I take her keys and drive her wherever she needs to go or arrange for her transportation needs, that is a much better oucome IMO, than if someone else does it.

H

Old 01-11-2013, 12:29 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,043,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
Er, its a euphemism...
Its a stupid euphemism.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:30 PM

52,451 posts, read 34,176,412 times
Quote:
The present gun issues facing the U.S. are as far removed from the 2nd Amendment as a Space Shuttle is from the Wright Brothers' biplane. I just don't get how invoking the protections of a document crafted Centuries ago can be called into relevance at this time. I don't know if there has ever been an Amendment to an Amendment but I do know that, over, the course of time in this land, that social and legal processes that were once protected by law, have been unprotected, because of enlightenment, or divination or whatever. The daily carnage in the streets and homes of America could only be ignored for so long.

We are to believe that you never owned a gun until the day of the Sandy shootings but now you do, and have also become a staunch Patriot and Constitution Scholar, willing to die for your belief in the right to bear arms... ... yah... right. Conservatives are dangerous precisely because theirs is a "do as I say, not as I do" kind of ideology. You've never even touched a gun but you want to argue that gun control is a bad idea. Why? Why do Conservatives who have never and will never ever get laid, care about contraception for sexually active women? Why do Conservatives who by dint of being white and Middle Class enjoy 3% unemployment, argue for the abolishment of unemployment insurance? I could go on, but you get my drift. Conservatives are a pox. A blight. America is fast becoming a China in the size of its underclass. Conservatives support and strenuously defend all the policies that keep America rock bottom in international rankings of competitiveness, happiness, health and longevity.

H
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
is the entire constitution and bill of rights now irrelevant and outdated, or just the parts you disagree with?
Quote:
The 2nd Amendment in particular is under scrutiny because of the vocal protestations of gun advocates who have been invoking it in response to the NATURAL reaction of Americans to the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary. I didn't say anything about the rest of the Constitution. Doubtless there are other proviso's in there that should be revisited. One damn thing at a time, please. Right now, the issue is guns. Not all guns, only assault rifles and/or high capacity ammunition clips. It is difficult to imagine the Framers protecting these devices in the 2nd Amendment since they were only invented 60 years ago, if that.

H
i really think you should address which parts of this 'centuries-old' document you think are now irrelevant and outdated, and which are not, seeing as that is the crux of your argument for throwing out the second amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies