Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 04:17 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It's really simple: we trust it more in the hands of trained law enforcement performing their professional duty to safeguard the public than in the hands of right wing nuts and any deranged, homicidal person who decides they want one.
Most people who are in law enforcement are "right wing".

I even had a cop who complemented me on my Bush/Cheney sticker while he unjustly cited me.

I went to trial over the $100 citation - and lost - but I was right.

The government is descending into tyranny.

I blame liberals for our current spike in prison population - especially for the increase in drug "offenders" - the label of which, should not even exist.

The "War on Drugs is evil snd wrong and has been prosecuted by Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 04:22 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Police Officer Cleared in Fatal Anaheim Shooting - Local News - Los Angeles, CA | NBC News

Anaheim officer cleared in killing of gang member | officer, her - News - The Orange County Register

The shooting was ruled "justifiable" after the Orange County DA conducted its usual sham investigation which invariably favors the thugs with badges.

However what I find interesting is that Hurtado used a Bushmaster AR-15 semi-automatic rifle.

Isn't that the same rifle that the gun grabbers are all up in arms(pun intended) over and want banned?

Why weren't they upset back in March when Mr. Hernandez was killed?

After all, isn't the argument from the left that the Bushmaster AR-15's availablity is responsible for deaths and not the willful intent of the shooter?

Where was the outrage last spring?

I also find it interesting that both stories - and in particular MSNBC - correctly refer to the Bushmaster AR-15 as a semi-automatic rifle.

However after Newtown and Aurora - the rifle was called an "assualt weapon" by the media.

It couldn't be more clearer that the media is pushing a political agenda - and capitalizing on a tragedy - and so is the Obama administration.
Basically, the term "assault weapon" is a made up term by leftists. There is no such thing, and the AR-15 was not designed for military use, but was adapted during Viet Namm as the M-16.

The AR-15 is a sporting rifle, popular with target shooters.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:27 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Quote:

I even had a cop who complemented me on my Bush/Cheney sticker while he unjustly cited me.

I blame liberals for our current spike in prison population - especially for the increase in drug "offenders" - the label of which, should not even exist.

The war on drugs was the prized policy by right wing dream boy Reagan and continues to this day to be the GOP's baby next to bankrolling the rich. You can thank the big government GOP for that one.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The war on drugs was the prized policy by right wing dream boy Reagan and continues to this day to be the GOP's baby next to bankrolling the rich. You can thank the big government GOP for that one.
Actually, Lyndon Johnson begam the current illegal war on drugs.

Quote:
In December of 1964, having been ratified by 40 countries, the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs 1961 went into effect restricting narcotic drug use to medical and scientific purposes. It also internationally banned narcotic drug trade outside of government monopolies.[8] History was about to repeat itself. From 1964 to 1970 in the United States, the number of state prisoners incarcerated for drug offenses more than doubled from 3,079 to 6,596 (it was 90,000 in 1989)[9], and the new concentration on enforcing victimless crimes caused the homicide rate to skyrocket. Between 1964 and 1970 the homicide rate doubled from 5 per 100,000 to 10 per 100,000, where it has remained, with minor fluctuations, until today.[2] Lyndon Johnson had declared war on drugs.9
Crime and the Drug War

Woodrow Wilson, another Democrat opposed the import of opium, whcih sure seems like a war on drugs to me.

Quote:
President Woodrow Wilson signed three bills into law in 1915 that banned the import and export of opium except for medicinal purposes.
History of American Potheads

Last edited by Harrier; 01-11-2013 at 04:42 PM..

Old 01-11-2013, 04:38 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:

None of this is relevant to your own original topic.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
You are the one who mentioned the term "right wing".

Quote:
It's really simple: we trust it more in the hands of trained law enforcement performing their professional duty to safeguard the public than in the hands of right wing nuts and any deranged, homicidal person who decides they want one.
Quote:

Quote:

Huh?

Why don't you stay on topic?

Old 01-11-2013, 04:45 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Quote:
Actually, Lyndon Johnson begam the current illegal war on drugs.

Crime and the Drug War

Woodrow Wilson, another Democrat opposed the import of opium, whcih sure seems like a war on drugs to me.

Those are right wing propaganda site trying to deflect away from their messiah Reagan who's prized work was the war on drugs and further continued under Bush 1. Reagan also famously brought to america it's first czar with his drug czar to overlook his war on drugs. Do some reading

Office of National Drug Control Policy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1988 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Dr...se_Act_of_1986

Last edited by TempesT68; 01-11-2013 at 04:55 PM..

Old 01-11-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Those are are right wing propaganda site trying to deflect away from their messiah Reagan who's prized work was the war on drugs and further continued under Bush 1. Reagan also famously brought to america it's first czar with his drug czar to overlook his war on drugs. Do some reading

Office of National Drug Control Policy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1988 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1986 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Why don't you do some reading and learn that the first drug "czar
was appointed by President Nixon, which was not one of his finest moments.

Quote:
Jaffe, a psychiatrist who promoted methadone treatment for heroin addicts, was appointed in 1971 as chief of President Richard Nixon's drug programs in the Special Action Office of Drug Abuse Prevention.
Interviews - Dr. Jerome Jaffe | Drug Wars | FRONTLINE | PBS

As I said before, President Johnson - a Democrat, perpetuated the War on Drugs which was supported by another Democrat - Woodrow Wilson.

Crime and the Drug War

Last edited by Harrier; 01-11-2013 at 05:33 PM..

Old 01-11-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
That's the job of the police and these types of weapons are designed for them and the military.
Uh, no.

The objective of the police has absolutely nothing to do with the role of the military.

That you think that it does, is quite honestly, scary.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:45 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Barack Obama is certainly advocating for such a ban.

That a ban has not yet been voted on, is not a good argument.
I voted for Obama in November, not March. What happened in March that I didn't get outraged by?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies