Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 07:25 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,890 times

Advertisements

The solution is actually very simple. You complain about Morgan, yet you watch and listen to him. Start to IGNORE him. Do not watch him and do not listen to him. One thing that both he and the networks do know is RATINGS. As long as he has a following, he has a job. They don't care what you think of him, just that you are watching and listening to him. You want him gone? IGNORE him. His ratings drop and the networks will replace him. Think about it logically. Cause and effect. What gives him his job? RATINGS. What is capable of losing his job for her? RATINGS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 07:44 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Kickinit View Post
Who is Piers Morgan anyway?
He's the guy that's not criticizing his own country.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:17 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
The solution is actually very simple. You complain about Morgan, yet you watch and listen to him. Start to IGNORE him. Do not watch him and do not listen to him. One thing that both he and the networks do know is RATINGS. As long as he has a following, he has a job. They don't care what you think of him, just that you are watching and listening to him. You want him gone? IGNORE him. His ratings drop and the networks will replace him. Think about it logically. Cause and effect. What gives him his job? RATINGS. What is capable of losing his job for her? RATINGS.
Rush Limbaugh follows the same tactic. Be brash and offensive, and people will listen. What Alex Jones did the other night was strategic, he deliberately upstaged Piers (some might say that comes across as overly aggressive and brash) but he did it because people will talk about it, and it worked. When Limbaugh says something outrageous, the liberals start tripping up all over themselves in outrage, fueling his popularity and ratings.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:23 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Well, he's right. It's become something to thump and to hide behind. If our constitution is that great, other countries would be model theirs on it. They aren't.
Governments do not give up power that easily.

Do you REALLY think the new president of Egypt wants a free people?

Old 01-11-2013, 08:32 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Well, he's right. It's become something to thump and to hide behind. If our constitution is that great, other countries would be model theirs on it. They aren't.
If you think those other countries are so great, well.........buh bye!!!!!!!!! Good riddance. Adios. Whatever......

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
That ambiguous little twerp with the slicked-down hair and the high-pitched whine - doesn't he just make you want to drag him back behind the school, hold him down and make him eat worms.
That would be a good start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I love the way Morgan has all of you rising to the bait. The more you foam at the mouth, the more he loves it.

Just ignore him. In the bigger scheme of things he doesn't matter.
Wrong.

We aren't watching him. That's not what he wants and loves.

He'll be gone from CNN by the beginning of summer.

Count on it.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:41 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db77 View Post
Yeah China and Cuba aren't modelling thier government on our Constitution. They must be utopias huh. We should model or nation their's right?

Seriously, they'll let anyone post on this site these days.
I agree, if he doesn't like it maybe he should move to Bosnia.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:02 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Rush Limbaugh follows the same tactic. Be brash and offensive, and people will listen. What Alex Jones did the other night was strategic, he deliberately upstaged Piers (some might say that comes across as overly aggressive and brash) but he did it because people will talk about it, and it worked. When Limbaugh says something outrageous, the liberals start tripping up all over themselves in outrage, fueling his popularity and ratings.
I believe I listened to Limbaugh about twice, years ago, and pegged him as a lunatic. Haven't listened to him ever since. I've listened to Morgan about the same, and don't think any better of him. I don't need some kind of "mouth" to tell me what I've heard and what I'm thinking. I can decide things for myself. America puts far too much stock in these guys. Let them dry up and blow away. We'll all be far better off.

Put down the crack pipe and sober out. Then, listen to the sources, not the repetition, and make up your own minds. They calculate the language (wordage) they're going to use, to make the effect on you greater. Believe it or not, it's a form of mass hypnosis. And, you're all susceptible.

(No, I'm not suggesting that anyone on CD does crack. But, there are a number of people out there that do, and they also talk politics whether they have facts straight or not. And, they only add to the hysteria.)

Old 01-11-2013, 09:16 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Alex Jones at least has a deep voice and doesn't get held down so easily by the host.
Alex Jones sounds like he's talking through a voice synthesizer.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:42 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
And it shows!!!! Sadly, I might add. OTOH, there is only room enough for one at the top, and the USA is it.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:44 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
I believe I listened to Limbaugh about twice, years ago, and pegged him as a lunatic. Haven't listened to him ever since. I've listened to Morgan about the same, and don't think any better of him. I don't need some kind of "mouth" to tell me what I've heard and what I'm thinking. I can decide things for myself. America puts far too much stock in these guys. Let them dry up and blow away. We'll all be far better off.

Put down the crack pipe and sober out. Then, listen to the sources, not the repetition, and make up your own minds. They calculate the language (wordage) they're going to use, to make the effect on you greater. Believe it or not, it's a form of mass hypnosis. And, you're all susceptible.

(No, I'm not suggesting that anyone on CD does crack. But, there are a number of people out there that do, and they also talk politics whether they have facts straight or not. And, they only add to the hysteria.)
Judging by your grossly incorrect mischaracterization of the Voice of America, Rush Limbaugh.....your post could benefit from a "tutor" so to speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies