Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 10:49 AM

657 posts, read 695,290 times

Advertisements

Denninger lays it out neatly. Not a surprise that big pharma remians extremely quiet through this.

ENOUGH! (Guns, Active Shooters And Pharma) in [Market-Ticker]

Regulate this you liberals..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 11:03 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,776 times
I'd wager the list doesn't stop @ Paxil.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:14 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,631 times
Obamacare goin' by me some Paxil.

Yes, suh.

'an if dat Paxil tab don't blind, Bama goin' by me some suicide.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:21 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,530,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasotaBound1 View Post
Denninger lays it out neatly. Not a surprise that big pharma remians extremely quiet through this.

ENOUGH! (Guns, Active Shooters And Pharma) in [Market-Ticker]

Regulate this you liberals..
Correlation does not imply causation. WHY do people take drugs like Paxil? It is very possible that the reason they were taking drugs like Paxil is actually the issue here. I would expect to see more issues in a group of people taking a drug to treat depression and anxiety simply because they're being treated for depression and anxieity.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:25 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,290 times
I love the first statement of the article:

Quote:
And I'm doubly-done with the damned leftists in this country performing the moral equivalent of ritual human sacrifice of children to advance their gun-control agenda.
Yes, it starts with a tin foil conspiracy that people are murdering children to enact gun laws and gets worse.

Paxil has not been linked to any murders, shootings, or violence in the article. It states the side effect possibility of aggressive or manic behavior in those under 24, then states 7 out of 1,000 people had this reaction on the medication (pulling this number out of their butt) and states that what causes mass shootings.

You should be ashamed for posting this. I'm not a fan of Paxil in working with the mentally ill, but this is pure drivel.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:30 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Correlation does not imply causation. WHY do people take drugs like Paxil? It is very possible that the reason they were taking drugs like Paxil is actually the issue here. I would expect to see more issues in a group of people taking a drug to treat depression and anxiety simply because they're being treated for depression and anxieity.
A scientist told me that another scientist had cut off the tails of each generation of mice for 20 generations, yet each newborn mouse was born with a tail!

Mice just don't evolve!

Old 01-12-2013, 11:30 AM

657 posts, read 695,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I love the first statement of the article:

Yes, it starts with a tin foil conspiracy that people are murdering children to enact gun laws and gets worse.

Paxil has not been linked to any murders, shootings, or violence in the article. It states the side effect possibility of aggressive or manic behavior in those under 24, then states 7 out of 1,000 people had this reaction on the medication (pulling this number out of their butt) and states that what causes mass shootings.

You should be ashamed for posting this. I'm not a fan of Paxil in working with the mentally ill, but this is pure drivel.
I will control my feelings...

What conspiracy are you referring to? The author is saying that the leftists are taking this opportutinity (which equals to the same morally) to push their agenda, just like the statement above. So stop twisting words.

You say this is drivel, yet the BS coming out of the left's corner wanting to ban gun is not?

You should be ashamed of twisting the story to push junk...

Old 01-12-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
I bet youre the kind of person who says that to everything...
This is where the ability to think comes into play. Once you have a correlation, you have to decide whether or not it means something. I'm skeptical on this one because of the conditions these drugs are used to treat. I suspect that the real issue is we're looking at a troubled subset of the population not the drug itself.

I look at correlations and then ask myself if there is a logical explanation. I think there is here.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
A scientist told me that another scientist had cut off the tails of each generation of mice for 20 generations, yet each newborn mouse was born with a tail!

Mice just don't evolve!
LOL. People don't evolve either. I used to dye my hair red and neither of my kids is a red head. Go figure.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
Drugs that mess with your mind do exactly that..MESS WITH YOUR MIND.
And that can go either way..for good or for bad.

We seem to be too accepting that there is a pill or shot for everything now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies