Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 06:01 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Here is a very good blog post about what happened in Russia before the Soviet Union was created and helped keep the people from taking part in attempts to disarm them. Now I am talking about an armed people including swords, knives and firearms. I don't really know of any tyrannical governments that haven't tried to disarm their people before the started to really oppress them. So many people in countries that have suffered from disarmament really do wish they had something like our 2nd Amendment but it seems that our people here at C-D want only to hear people from the UK and Australia where the governments haven't gone as far left as so many others have.

Americans never give up your guns - English pravda.ru

Relax, roy.

Your guns and mine are safe from the jack-booted UN thugs that RWNJs claim are coming into your bedroom to look under your pillow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 07:00 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You failed to quote me properly, I said no one has come for your gun yet and no one is coming for your guns. That means no one has come for your gun in the past nor the future.

If anything, we might see a universal background check on all gun sales, even private sales and gunshow loopholes closed.
Just like in 94 when they had the ban on assault rifles. I would suggest you do some reading on what happens when government's get carried away with gun control. Try The Rise and Fall off The Third Reich. Or what happened in Turkey during the turn of the 20th Century.

You have way to much faith in your Government. I am not paranoid, just not a sheep and wide awake. Plus when you all are watching your favorite MSM propaganda news source I am reading what happened to people in the past when they let there leaders run wild. History does like to repeat itself especially when you take peoples form of protection away.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:01 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Gorilla Sales Skyrocket After Latest Gorilla Attack

Old 01-12-2013, 07:43 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Sorry, I have no interest in playing your silly little baiting game and trying to feed your paranoia of the government.
urban life why are you so damn bent on defending "everything" and I mean everything that Obama and the Democrats do. Why does it bother you so much that people want the right to bear arms. If people want to bear arms it is not a problem, the bad guys will get guns regardless of legality. Are you so naive to believe otherwise?

From reading your post through time it appears if Obama said "bend over' so I can ram this up you would say how far do you want me to bend and you would do it with a smile. Why is that?

Old 01-12-2013, 07:52 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Roy, I'd think you'd be worried more that the government might come to take away your tinfoil.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:53 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Just like in 94 when they had the ban on assault rifles. I would suggest you do some reading on what happens when government's get carried away with gun control. Try The Rise and Fall off The Third Reich. Or what happened in Turkey during the turn of the 20th Century.

You have way to much faith in your Government. I am not paranoid, just not a sheep and wide awake. Plus when you all are watching your favorite MSM propaganda news source I am reading what happened to people in the past when they let there leaders run wild. History does like to repeat itself especially when you take peoples form of protection away.
That was the ban on he sale of assault rifles, no one from the government came to take away anyone's guns.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:32 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times
Quote:
That was the ban on he sale of assault rifles, no one from the government came to take away anyone's guns.

As I suggested, read some history books. It starts somewhere.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:53 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
As I suggested, read some history books. It starts somewhere.
Maybe you should link some good books, I am always looking for something new to read.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:05 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
[quote=rbohm;27726675]its called incrementalism. they start with something small, something that no one would really object to, and then they expand further and further until its too late to reverse things. dont believe me? look at what has happened to a completely legal product called tobacco. at first it was, we just want to put warnings on the labels. then it became, we need stronger warnings. and then it was lets restrict where people can smoke. then its lets sue the tobacco companies. then it was lets tax them heavily and often. then its lets restrict where people can smoke further. so now there are people who want to smoke but they cant within 20ft of a public building opening, and there are those that want to further restrict smokers from smoking in their own homes!!!

Very different. Nicotine is highly addictive and hard to quit. It's a legal drug though. Cigarettes are heavily taxed because of the healthcare cost. I fail to see what this has to do with guns though.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
urban life why are you so damn bent on defending "everything" and i mean everything that obama and the democrats do. Why does it bother you so much that people want the right to bear arms. If people want to bear arms it is not a problem, the bad guys will get guns regardless of legality. Are you so naive to believe otherwise?

From reading your post through time it appears if obama said "bend over' so i can ram this up you would say how far do you want me to bend and you would do it with a smile. Why is that?
[color="red"]bohica[/color]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies