Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 01:55 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times

Advertisements

First step towards eliminating bullying in schools. Eliminate public schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 01:56 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,991 times
I think the first step is to end the War on Drugs

Old 07-16-2013, 02:09 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,250,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
lol

sorry but bullying in schools can't be eliminated. Bullying happens and will happen. Its not fun to deal with but people need to stop being such pansies. Bullying has been around for ever, yet now suddenly its this huge problem and people can't deal with it.

too much wussification has occured. Teach your kids to be tougher mentally and emotionally. Unless it gets violent and you're getting beaten, man up. Many, many people have gotten through bullying without becoming violent people.
I don't think you realize how big of a problem bullying is and how it works. Bullying is not your usual playground teasing. Kids who get bullied, sometimes all the way from ages K-12, are targeted by their peers because of a perceived weakness or difference and a tormented relentlessly for it. Many times they have no friends or anybody to even stick up for them. People have a right to not have to go through that.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:16 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,460,887 times
we for sure need more men teachers. at least 50/50. the government would say it is not fair and somehow offer incentives to entice women to become teachers if it the stats were reversed. the schools need to give boxing classes, have sports in elementary, and not cage these kids up 5 days a week. let the kids live some. it is ok for them to scrape a knee.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:31 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,718,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
If you want to have a civilized society, you teach that violence is not acceptable from the earliest age possible. No matter how much "back in my day" BS I hear from people who think everyone other than them is a wuss.

Bullying often comes from OLDER KIDS. I managed to avoid it, but even though I was a really big kid for my age, I wouldn't have been able to stand up to 5th graders on a bus when I was 6 years old. And I saw those older kids brutalize the "weird" or effeminate younger kids WITHOUT MERCY, and not enough adults put a stop to it. I would sometimes join in hoping that I would be accepted by these older thugs.

That's where all this nonsense about making kids "tough" makes me shake my head. How stupid are people?

For a rich western society, we have incredibly backwards mentalities about behavior in the US. It's all manor of wild west/ghetto bad ass/tough guy knuckleheaded stupidity.
First you completely misread what I was saying. Bullying in school or anywhere is unacceptable. But the over reaching pc crowd has completely gone too far. So you think boys playing cops and robbers with their friends is not right, how about sports at school, how about a snowball fight, war, arm wrestling, ect ect... ALL of these things have been band in the schools my children attend. They can't even play a game of recess kick ball with out teachers picking the teams and overseeing it..

if you digested what initially wrote you would have seen I acknowledged my own concern for my own children being bullied. Kids learning their self identity is certainly squashed when it comes to bullying, but so is it when it comes to many of the restraints placed on them buy.... well, I really don't know how things have gotten so out of control and who is to blame..

I will be the first to admit my limited WORLD experience but I have family members the come from England and a friend that actually taught schools over their who said the schools are way worse then here in the Boston area.. Not to mention just the basic accepted idea that many many other countries who's children are raised in way way tougher environments then ours.. We baby our children and refuse to challenge them.. I have no idea where your last statement comes from??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies