Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 12:44 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,037,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
No person, male or female, wants to marry a whiny loser. Men who go back to momma and whine about how unfair life is, are whiny losers. So, yes, lucky are the women who do not have to waste their time on them.
The same can be said about females, who go back and cry to their families. And yes, there are men who are smart enough not to waste time with females who have to go to their friends and families when things get complicated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 12:48 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,589,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
The same can be said about females, who go back and cry to their families. And yes, there are men who are smart enough not to waste time with females who have to go to their friends and families when things get complicated.
Both genders. And add to that the relentless facebook status updates as well.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:08 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,561,141 times
I simply cannot frame an adequate response to this charming little story - other than to say that if an absence of divorce laws resulted in these two people murdering each other, that might not have been such a bad result:

Quote:
“Whatever you do,” my divorce lawyer said, her hand on the small of my back as we walked into the courtroom, “don’t forget the three P’s. We want you to look pregnant, poor and plain.”
Divorcing while pregnant - Salon.com

Old 01-15-2013, 11:41 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,499,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
I think both women and men today have completely unrealistic expectations about life in general, including marriage. A self-giving, sacrificial life is off the table for nearly everyone. The results are as catastrophic as they are predictable.
You're right, but you may want to save your breath. Most people probably have absolutely no idea what you're even talking about.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:34 AM

7,641 posts, read 18,076,039 times
I'm 26, and I would estimate that a third of people in my high school graduating class are either married or engaged. I'm from the small-town Midwest, so maybe that makes a difference. Nobody has divorced to my knowledge, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few I did not know about.

Compare that to four years ago, when only a few people were engaged or married.

I would say that disinterest in marriage is the result of an almost pathological fear of life-long committments. A large percentage of young males (and females) have seen their parents marry just to endure a divorce. Also, a socially-acceptable marriage is necessarily a very expensive undertaking that many or most young couples cannot afford. There's the engagement ring, the wedding dress, the photographer and videographer, the reception afterwards with its free bar, wedding favors, etc. Combine this with the ever-present and imminent risk of divorce a couple years later and many men are discouraged.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:47 AM

3,494 posts, read 4,660,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
Young ladies are too
The difference is, when women give up they get a bunch of cats...whereas when guys give up we take it out on society.

The truth is, you want men married because we get into trouble if we're not tied down somehow.

Ask a lot of those shooters...

You really want to go down that path? Because, women, we would, have, and will...don't test us.

That's all it is. Don't test us...because we die and kill for it.

People think there is a "mental problem" in society...the actual problem is a lot of guys are not getting theirs and they're becoming too impatient to wait for it. I think what was up with the guy at Aurora.

Start clapping.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:06 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,231,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
The difference is, when women give up they get a bunch of cats...whereas when guys give up we take it out on society.

The truth is, you want men married because we get into trouble if we're not tied down somehow.

Ask a lot of those shooters...

You really want to go down that path? Because, women, we would, have, and will...don't test us.

That's all it is. Don't test us...because we die and kill for it.

People think there is a "mental problem" in society...the actual problem is a lot of guys are not getting theirs and they're becoming too impatient to wait for it. I think what was up with the guy at Aurora.

Start clapping.
Most males aren't on prescription drugs. Plus, American men can go anywhere in the world and get a woman. Our choices are not limited. We've got Brazil, Asia, Europe, Russia, and the rest of S. America to choose from. Just have to learn the language first. Or, you can pull a Dirk Nowitzki and go to Africa. If I remember correctly he gave like 11 goats to her father as a dowry.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:10 AM

3,494 posts, read 4,660,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Most males aren't on prescription drugs. Plus, American men can go anywhere in the world and get a woman. Our choices are not limited. We've got Brazil, Asia, Europe, Russia, and the rest of S. America to choose from. Just have to learn the language first. Or, you can pull a Dirk Nowitzki and go to Africa. If I remember correctly he gave like 11 goats to her father as a dowry.
I'm in America. I'm not about to go somewhere else to get what I can get here. But we're talking about marriage...and for those purposes, yeah, I can see why you'd go foreign. Who wants to deal with that all their life? You go abroad and you have them by the thousands...

Meanwhile, here I am pleading my case to a girl who thinks I'm supposed to work to impress her. Things are just butt backwards, I swear.

Guys are put on prescripts because they start acting up and they become "a problem" to all the "vulnerable girls".

Drugs ruined many guys...turned them into, idk, nice little worker bees intent on getting that gold star on their hwk.

Just say no kids...to the drugs. They mean nothing. It's a trap.

And if you're on them, get off asap, and get your "medicine" from the appropriate vendors. I mean that in so many ways, it's absurd.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:47 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,063,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
I'm in America. I'm not about to go somewhere else to get what I can get here. But we're talking about marriage...and for those purposes, yeah, I can see why you'd go foreign. Who wants to deal with that all their life? You go abroad and you have them by the thousands...

Meanwhile, here I am pleading my case to a girl who thinks I'm supposed to work to impress her. Things are just butt backwards, I swear.

Guys are put on prescripts because they start acting up and they become "a problem" to all the "vulnerable girls".

Drugs ruined many guys...turned them into, idk, nice little worker bees intent on getting that gold star on their hwk.

Just say no kids...to the drugs. They mean nothing. It's a trap.

And if you're on them, get off asap, and get your "medicine" from the appropriate vendors. I mean that in so many ways, it's absurd.
Man up.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:05 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,478,614 times
I just read this entire thread and to those who don't realize this: it is not really that bad out there. Most people live happy productive lives and get married and have kids and live happily ever after. The one chick who wrote about "bettering yourself to be get a better partner" is spot the eff on. No respectable female is going to marry a pot smoking, Call of Duty playing, pot bellied loser who doesn't do anything all day. Furthermore, no self respecting male is going to marry some cow who doesn't cook, watches real housewifes of whatever, and complains about how much work it is to get a man hard. BETTER YOURSELF in life and the rest generally works itself out. First generation rich people are some of the hardest workers you will ever meet, never downtime with those guys and gals.

All that being said, men having to pay child support without the women providing receipts is beyond effed up. I had a buddy tell me once "dead women can't collect child support." If these women want to have marriages that work, don't have kids and get married to losers, no matter how good the body looks. Here is a clue Einstein, if he hits you while you are dating, you will probably get beat the rest of your life if you stay with him. Strange how the dudes who beat chicks never have problems finding dates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies