Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
What's male guilt issues?

Are you seriously saying the problem with our country is that men aren't in full control of everything? Saudi Arabia must sound like a awesome country to be like for you.
Male guilt refers to the type of males who apologize just for being males, apologizing to females for the actions of other males.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
I know right, men need to stop blaming everything around them for their own problems. Seriously some of the men posting in here really need to man up and take responsibility.
But it's okay for females to blame men and society for their wrongdoing? I don't see any of you people telling females to woman up and take responsibility for their actions.

It's become PC for normal men to address certain issues that's going on in society, but females and the LBGT can address problems all they want without being called out.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
I can only speak for myself as to why I'm not planning on getting married and quite simply there is no benefit for me. I may have a kid, but not until I'm reasonably comfortable that it would be a wise risk to take and won't mind losing 20% of my income. I can get everything else I want and need right now without the contract. Sex, bonding, companionship, etc is available to me now, why in the world would I screw that up by getting married? Now if I end up staying with my gf for 10 or 15 years then okay, maybe, otherwise it's not really worth it.

As far as the shaming language goes.... Are guys not allowed to voice their viewpoints on a forum without getting attacked? True, that tactic did work for the British, but it makes very little sense to criticize a guy for voicing his thought on why guys aren't getting married.

It's pretty easy to look up divorce laws and see how tilted they are. In CA for example, once you are married 10 years you owe your wife alimony for LIFE. In TX, everything is split down the middle regardless of who earned what and who spent what. Guys aren't complaining about the laws just to complain, they actually are tilted in the woman's favor. That's just how it is in the US.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:48 AM

129 posts, read 81,229 times
Quote:
I know right, men need to stop blaming everything around them for their own problems. Seriously some of the men posting in here really need to man up and take responsibility.
An Alpha doesn't take crap or "adjust" himself for NOBODY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Enough already. Grow up.

So tired of men who make excuses for why they can't find a woman, don't want to get married, etc.

It's you. It's not society. It's not women. It's not the president. It's not an expensive wedding. It's not the risk of an unfair divorce (stupid excuse given the way laws are all pretty much statutory and sex-neutral these days in a majority of states). It's You.

Lame excuses from lame, sorry excuses for men. If you don't want to get married because you don't want responsibility, compromise or one woman to have sex with for the rest of your life, just man up and say it. Nothing wrong with any of the above. OWN IT. Taking responsibility for your OWN ACTIONS is one of the first steps towards manhood. If you can't do that much then surely you're not ready for a stable relationship. But to keep blaming everyone and everything else (the PRESIDENT has to be the lamest I've read in a long, long time)... that's pathetic.

Don't blame your condition on external factors!
You must be a libotard. The economy is in the toilet. Many haven't had a raise in over 5 years. Many are forced to work jobs that they are earning far less doing.

The liberal will have a bunch of kids and get a wife he can't take care of at the current economic time. Many college students graduate only to not be able to find a job.

You need to grow up, or put your tin foil hat back on....you swallow a pill real nice. I'm gonna call you a PillZ.....you're so emotional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Male guilt refers to the type of males who apologize just for being males, apologizing to females for the actions of other males.
I agree, the suckasses aren't much of men.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I can only speak for myself as to why I'm not planning on getting married and quite simply there is no benefit for me. I may have a kid, but not until I'm reasonably comfortable that it would be a wise risk to take and won't mind losing 20% of my income. I can get everything else I want and need right now without the contract. Sex, bonding, companionship, etc is available to me now, why in the world would I screw that up by getting married? Now if I end up staying with my gf for 10 or 15 years then okay, maybe, otherwise it's not really worth it.

As far as the shaming language goes.... Are guys not allowed to voice their viewpoints on a forum without getting attacked? True, that tactic did work for the British, but it makes very little sense to criticize a guy for voicing his thought on why guys aren't getting married.

It's pretty easy to look up divorce laws and see how tilted they are. In CA for example, once you are married 10 years you owe your wife alimony for LIFE. In TX, everything is split down the middle regardless of who earned what and who spent what. Guys aren't complaining about the laws just to complain, they actually are tilted in the woman's favor. That's just how it is in the US.
Nobody wants to hear the truth, especially from a man's point of voice. They might listen to a female or a guy with male-guilt.

In some states, a couple is considered common-law if they live together for a certain amount of years.

Yes, California is the misandric/feminized capital on the nation with their marriage and divorce laws. A lot of females claim to be independent, yet they depend on men with the help of the government. Alimony should be abolished.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:57 AM

129 posts, read 81,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Nobody wants to hear the truth, especially from a man's point of voice. They might listen to a female or a guy with male-guilt.

In some states, a couple is considered common-law if they live together for a certain amount of years.

Yes, California is the misandric/feminized capital on the nation with their marriage and divorce laws. A lot of females claim to be independent, yet they depend on men with the help of the government. Alimony should be abolished.
Well, you won't ever hear this man have any male guilt.

I'm glad I am a man...I don't need or want a skirt.

I also don't feel compelled to join the gal team to bust men's balls either.

That guy is a loser.

He probably got his ass beat daily in school.

Born with the wrong parts so to speak.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:58 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunNut2You View Post
Well, you won't ever hear this man have any male guilt.

I'm glad I am a man...I don't need or want a skirt.

I also don't feel compelled to join the gal team to bust men's balls either.

Good for you!

Real men don't have male guilt.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
You can keep posting the bull all day, but the REAL reasons men aren't getting married are varied.

1. Divorce, too many men AND women, divorce, because it's the easy way out. Instead of working things out they would rather give up.

2. When they DO split up, many times, things are NOT distributed equitably, and the BIGGEST losers, are the kids.

3. Lastly, a lot of guys don't marry, because they can get the milk for free, why buy the cow?

To repeat something I posted earlier, While not the most gorgeous hunk on the planet, I am self sufficient, good job, able to cook and do my own laundry, (Yes, I can even sew buttons without too much bleeding), own my car outright, less than 2.5K in CC debt, owes less than 100K on my home, and I even have a full head of hair. I am still a devoted dad, though my kids are both grown, and I adore my granddaughter.

Want to know what I won't do? I won't date or remarry. I don't NEED a woman in my life. It would be nice, but in no way do I ever want to go through what I went through previously. There is nothing in the world that could convince me to open myself back up to that kind of heartache, ever again.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:27 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Some people get married because they want their spouse to be their family -legal next of kin. You don't get that by being live-in partners, regarless of how many legal papers you sign. The federal government doesn't recognize common law marriage.

Those of you who have gotten burned, don't blame everyone else or the institution of marriage or a certain gender. You were incompatible and married the wrong person for you. If you got married to get something for yourself and it didn't work out, then it's look in the mirror time.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:38 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,924 times
Quote:
Man up.
You say that like it's a good thing.

Trust me, you'd rather I be a boy than a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies