Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2013, 01:44 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31st State Citizen View Post
Why marry when you can get all the women you want (even multiple women at once) to have sex with you?
You know comments like these are just going to make the women reading them be like "ok, no more sex till marriage, if guys are going to be like that"....

You know why men are idiots? They don't know how to keep their mouths shut when good things are happening. Way too many questions...

Now, if I go up to a girl, and she's like "yeah, I won't put out because I'm tired of sleeping with guys who'll just bounce after he gets what he wants"....I can't even blame her.

In other words, silence in this area is gold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 02:58 AM

654 posts, read 3,456,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31st State Citizen View Post
Why marry when you can get all the women you want (even multiple women at once) to have sex with you?
And increase the risk of catching an STD from those multiple women? No thanks. Plus that will for sure knock you out of a potential decent relationship with someone who is serious.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Default This is a fascinating thread

I am reading this thread from the point of view of a man that has been married to the same woman for 45 years. We fell in love a long time ago and still are. Yeah, we have had some difficulties as anyone would expect from smart stubborn people that do not always agree about things. So what? We don't let us get separated over silly stuff.

I see our next big problem as providing the care we will need as we age. That is going to require a lot of thought and work.

I am glad I am not in the "dating & marriage" game today. It is just too complicated.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:48 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am reading this thread from the point of view of a man that has been married to the same woman for 45 years. We fell in love a long time ago and still are. Yeah, we have had some difficulties as anyone would expect from smart stubborn people that do not always agree about things. So what? We don't let us get separated over silly stuff.

I see our next big problem as providing the care we will need as we age. That is going to require a lot of thought and work.

I am glad I am not in the "dating & marriage" game today. It is just too complicated.
Good for you and your wife, and yes dating is a completely different beast now than it was when you two were dating.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:58 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,572,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
You know comments like these are just going to make the women reading them be like "ok, no more sex till marriage, if guys are going to be like that"....

You know why men are idiots? They don't know how to keep their mouths shut when good things are happening.

Sounds like your underlying assumption is that for women sex is a useful tool for "getting a man", and otherwise optional. Men have sex with women because women need and enjoy sex.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:11 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
What would make you doubt that a woman wrote the article?
What would make you believe it was?

Old 01-17-2013, 08:04 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I doubt VERY seriously that a woman actually wrote that article, which is supposedly by "an anonymous mom." If so, then she's just as foul mouthed and crude as she accuses other younger women of being.
I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a woman.
I've met a few women who have expressed similar sentiments and I think she makes some very valid points.

I'm happy for you and your relationship and even more so that you value your husband. I believe there are a lot of women who would find fault with him because they are disappointed with their own lives in some way and need someone to blame. Men have become the favorite scapegoat and yes, this is my opinion.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:36 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
What would make you believe it was?
The byline.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:37 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I will help you.

Dec 1993, Virginia Beach, I got the Kids the cats and the house. She get her car, and her belongings.

There are several others here that also have custody, while their X wife does not.
Several does not make a majority or even a significant minority.
I'm in the same boat as you Darkatt - but we are definitely a very small minority and as such get a lot of interesting looks.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:42 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
The byline.
Quote:
I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a woman.
I've met a few women who have expressed similar sentiments and I think she makes some very valid points.

I'm happy for you and your relationship and even more so that you value your husband. I believe there are a lot of women who would find fault with him because they are disappointed with their own lives in some way and need someone to blame. Men have become the favorite scapegoat and yes, this is my opinion.
Look, I don't know if a woman actually wrote the article or not - and neither do you - and we couldn't prove it one way or another.

But my point is that the author is so down on contemporary women, and so critical of their attitudes and lifestyle and their disrespect for others and their crudeness - and yet the article is absolutely dripping with vulgarity, crude language, judgmentalism and disrespect. I found it hypocritical to say the least. If the author meant to portray someone who differs from the women the author is discussing - sorry, but the author seemed cut from very much the same cloth - only more bitter and even less attractive in demeanor than the women being lambasted.

I find it very ironic. Yes, it has some valid points, and no I don't agree with many contemporary ideas about male/female relationships (fault on both sides on that one) and I DO think that many women give themselves away too freely, therefore cheapening their own value in the eyes of many men, but the article gets a lot uglier than that in it's tone and cadence. I thought it was pretty repulsive myself. If a woman wrote it, I am glad she's not in my circle of friends. She's definitely no "lady."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies