Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 05:39 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,285,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Think about it:

I support the Liberal Agenda when it comes to Economic Policy, But I Don't Support Gay Marriage (These damn single women need to strap their gay children to a tree and beat them until they turn straight), and I Don't Support SOME of the Laws that Favor Women (Child Support Payments, Women's gets off for forcing a man to hit her, etc.). I believe ALL Transgendered Individuals should be required to get licenses.

But everyone I know NEEDS money to survive.

Are you a Conservative Liberal?
You support government programs like Social Security and socialized medicine like Medicare, and you support flogging gays?

Tea party is for you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 05:52 PM

742 posts, read 678,233 times
Wow the left/right lie is perpetuating mass confusion!

Old 01-12-2013, 05:53 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
You support government programs like Social Security and socialized medicine like Medicare, and you support flogging gays?

Tea party is for you!!!
The Tea Party, both Tea Party Express and Tea Party Patriots, are not about social conservatism issues like gay marriage and abortion. The left wing media has bastardized their missions/objectives.

Tea Party Patriots:

fiscal responsibility
constitutionally limited government
free market economic policies

About Tea Party Patriots | Tea Party Patriots

Tea Party Express:

No more bailouts
Reduce the size and intrusiveness of government
Stop raising our taxes
Repeal Obamacare
Cease out-of-control spending
Bring back American prosperity

Tea Party Express | Mission Statement | Tea Party Express

Old 01-12-2013, 05:55 PM

657 posts, read 695,030 times
I have a friend that's a conservative liberal. But actually the opposite.

He is a social liberal, meaning he is for gay rights, etc. But is a fiscal conservative.

If you read my posts you might think i'm a right right wing conservative. Far from the truth.

I'm ok for everyone, i agree with gays having rights just like anyone else. Where i deverge is when people try to force their believes on others. I support gays, but when they try to force others to believe only on what they preach, it's a violation of the other person's rights.

Liberals are for gays, but will force everyone to eat their agenda only because it suits them. They can care less to know that their agenda steals or hurts others. I call that selfish and our government irresponsible for even entertaining their bs.

The gov should be for all, our country has remained strong for it's acceptance of all people, not for the alianation of the smaller groups.

This mentality is destroying us.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:53 PM

1,264 posts, read 1,551,379 times
Everybody here should check out the political spectrum to know that there are names for all of these things

Blue=conservative (Regan, Thatcher, Republican, George W Bush, Palin)
Green=Liberal (Democrats, Jill Stein, JFK, Bill Maher)
Red=Statist, Socially conservative, economically liberal(Stalin, Kim Jong-Il)
Purple=Libertarian, Sociaally liberal, Economically conservative (Milton Friedman, Gary Johnson, Ron Paul)

Old 01-12-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantin23 View Post
Everybody here should check out the political spectrum to know that there are names for all of these things

Blue=conservative (Regan, Thatcher, Republican, George W Bush, Palin)
Green=Liberal (Democrats, Jill Stein, JFK, Bill Maher)
Red=Statist, Socially conservative, economically liberal(Stalin, Kim Jong-Il)
Purple=Libertarian, Sociaally liberal, Economically conservative (Milton Friedman, Gary Johnson, Ron Paul)
By economic scale you mean in terms of accumulated wealth?

Old 01-12-2013, 07:04 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Classical liberalism is parasitic. Liberals need a conservative host to survive, a standard from which to deviate (because that's what liberals do: deviate). Being a liberal is therefore a luxury for those who live in stable, conservative times.

In revolutionary times such as ours, liberalism destroys its host and becomes Liberalism, a self-contained ideology a thousand times more intolerant than the old conservative

Last edited by petch751; 01-12-2013 at 07:17 PM..

Old 01-12-2013, 07:23 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,579,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Think about it:

I support the Liberal Agenda when it comes to Economic Policy, But I Don't Support Gay Marriage (These damn single women need to strap their gay children to a tree and beat them until they turn straight), and I Don't Support SOME of the Laws that Favor Women (Child Support Payments, Women's gets off for forcing a man to hit her, etc.). I believe ALL Transgendered Individuals should be required to get licenses.

But everyone I know NEEDS money to survive.

Are you a Conservative Liberal?
Nope. A liberal economic policy is foolish. I support the Rothbardian economic policy, and in no way support the conservative stance on social issues. I personally have conservative social leanings but in no way should the government support a policy of correcting social ills.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:26 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Are you an oxymoron?
Or just a moron?

Old 01-12-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Classical liberalism is parasitic. Liberals need a conservative host to survive, a standard from which to deviate (because that's what liberals do: deviate). Being a liberal is therefore a luxury for those who live in stable, conservative times.

In revolutionary times such as ours, liberalism destroys its host and becomes Liberalism, a self-contained ideology a thousand times more intolerant than the old conservative
This is 100% true, except that there are still conservative hosts. They aren't done yet. But will soon enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies