Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 05:12 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Think about it:

I support the Liberal Agenda when it comes to Economic Policy, But I Don't Support Gay Marriage (These damn single women need to strap their gay children to a tree and beat them until they turn straight), and I Don't Support SOME of the Laws that Favor Women (Child Support Payments, Women's gets off for forcing a man to hit her, etc.). I believe ALL Transgendered Individuals should be required to get licenses.

But everyone I know NEEDS money to survive.

Are you a Conservative Liberal?
A conservative believes in a small form of government. You're a vegan that eats meat 3 times a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 05:30 AM

23,965 posts, read 15,059,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbyBobble View Post
Ehh subsidies are supposed to stimulate economic growth in many cases. Like if farmer subsidies ended we'd be paying over 10 bucks a gallon for milk.
The 10 dollars a gallon is also due to government intervention.

The feds allowed the hormone that causes a cow to produce more milk. Then the big dairy farmers dropped the price so much all the little dairy farmers could not make a living. The small were gobbled up by the big, then the price started going up. It took about 5 years, but it worked. Now we are all on the government teat.

Same with sugar subsidies. It might be good for the sugar producers, but everything with sugar in it cost the consumer more.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:40 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,125 times
Quote:
Ehh subsidies are supposed to stimulate economic growth in many cases. Like if farmer subsidies ended we'd be paying over 10 bucks a gallon for milk.
I think this is hogwash that our gvt feeds us and people willingly slurp it up. What would take place if milk rose to 10 bucks a gal? I will use my household as a example we would drink less milk and a lot of Americans would take the same course. The milk industry would notice that the demand went way down on milk and their reaction would be to lower prices.

They would try 9 bucks a gal and watch their charts to see if they are getting closer to the demand levels before they raised prices. They would maybe see a slight uptick but no where near the demand levels for milk before they raised prices. They would go down to 8 bucks ......... you see where I am going with this. At the end of the day the free market will speak and they will discover what price they can charge to meet the demand levels that they had before they raised the price to 10 bucks a gal.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:09 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times
The government would buy the milk at $10 a gallon and distribute it for free to those who couldn't afford to buy it. Anybody else would either have to pay the $10 or cut way back on milk. Subsidized milking.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:21 AM

651 posts, read 704,975 times
I think I am more Conservative liberal then you are. I support Gay marriage and pro choice. I also support the social welfare agenda with the caveat that if you draw welfare you have to do something for it or be declared disabled. I also support massive cuts to the military. But I also support gun rights and I do not support giving amnesty to the illegals just because there are relatives here who vote. To me thats like saying you have to let the guy on trial go because his mother is on the jury. You on the other hand are nothing but a hater and I can tell you and my fellow gun owners one thing, if you continue to separate yourself to the degree you have by kicking out even Colin Powell then you will find yourself getting thrown out in 2014 and 16 and will wonder why gun rights gets thrown under the bus.

We have to cut Glenn Beck free to go off on his own and kick out the radical like Limbaugh and embrace the more moderates like Schnitt and the like that are far right but call the birthers crazy nuts and has some moderate ideas.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:32 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,686,730 times
Quote:
Here you go...the result of subsidies:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The government would buy the milk at $10 a gallon and distribute it for free to those who couldn't afford to buy it. Anybody else would either have to pay the $10 or cut way back on milk. Subsidized milking.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:38 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
You are right that our gvt would be stupid enough to buy milk at 10 bucks a gal and give it away and distort the free market. Consider my above posts a delusion that the gvt would keep their dam noses out of it.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:45 AM

4,818 posts, read 10,998,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
I think I am more Conservative liberal then you are. I support Gay marriage and pro choice. I also support the social welfare agenda with the caveat that if you draw welfare you have to do something for it or be declared disabled. I also support massive cuts to the military. But I also support gun rights and I do not support giving amnesty to the illegals just because there are relatives here who vote. To me thats like saying you have to let the guy on trial go because his mother is on the jury. You on the other hand are nothing but a hater and I can tell you and my fellow gun owners one thing, if you continue to separate yourself to the degree you have by kicking out even Colin Powell then you will find yourself getting thrown out in 2014 and 16 and will wonder why gun rights gets thrown under the bus.

We have to cut Glenn Beck free to go off on his own and kick out the radical like Limbaugh and embrace the more moderates like Schnitt and the like that are far right but call the birthers crazy nuts and has some moderate ideas.
I agree with you above... I used to vote mostly republican in the 90s and even voted for George W...but starting in the later part of last decade the swing to the right turned to me quite a bit as I believe I sit in the middle politically.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:03 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantin23 View Post
Red=Statist, Socially conservative, economically liberal(Stalin, Kim Jong-Il)
anyone else find it Ironic that the most anti religious people on earth are now seen by many as Socially conservatives.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:44 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
BTW, it's also interesting to note that besides today's conservatives, other modern-day obsessions with ''fine-tuning'' and hair-splitting ideologies included the McCarthyites (five types of dangerous subversives), and Stalin's Great Purges, which had not only several different categories of ''enemies of the people'', but even certain occupations were automatically suspect of ''thought crimes''!

And just like the Nazis, Maoists, Pol Pot and other Authoritarians (including modern conservatives), the first place they always looked was Education.... aka, teachers, professors, science, artists, intellectuals, and the ''edu-macated elite''.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies