Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 05:05 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Haha, you're the one playing silly little word games (seems to be a theme for you). Anyone bitching about the "tax increase" was not paying attention. Plain and simple.

lols.

You're just upset because yout dear leader Obama violated a campaign promise and raised taxes on the middle class.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:58 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Good grief, sense of humor failure??

There are more wealthy democrats in Washington than Republicans. I posted the list on another thread. Of the top 15, 9 were democrats. The second wealthiest is a Democrat, the poorest was a Republican. So I guess that would mean that Democrats are a good part of the 1% and can live as well, if not better than many Republicans.
I admit I am kind of challenged when it comes to humor(at least when it's typed out).

Old 01-13-2013, 06:01 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times
I thought the rich were struggling

Why do you refer to that as "thought"?

Old 01-13-2013, 06:20 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm quite sure that a hell of a lot of those expensive marques are being sold to entertainers. You'll get no argument from me.

But if Rolls Royce had to wait for celebrities to buy their cars, they'd go broke. Celebs make up a tiny percentage of the super rich. Well...depending on what you call a celeb i guess. For some people, any wealthy person is a celeb. Not my definition though.

That said, i can go to my hometown (Scottsdale, Az), and the Bentley's are EVERYWHERE. Fashion Square Mall parking garage is full of 'em...and these are not celebs. If it's a nice day out, they'll break out wide arrays of Lambo's, Super Benz's, Rari's, McClarens, Vettes, Range's,...you name it. All owned by people that are as nondescript as you and I. Don't know them from a can of paint.

But still, i'm not about to buy some lame ass idea that the rich are being persecuted, and will no longer buy luxury brands because their taxes just went up by a few percent.
I agree with your comments although I suspect, but cannot prove, that a whole bunch of those high-end cars are indeed bought by athletes, actors etc.

My point was never to refute the tax increases but rather some of the funny comments about how all those darn rich republicans (like Al Sharpton, John Kerry and Jay Z no doubt lolo)....were the ones driving the Rolls around.

It's about as honest as claiming republicans don't favor bailouts.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:50 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
lols.

You're just upset because yout dear leader Obama violated a campaign promise and raised taxes on the middle class.
No, not really. I don't personally put much stock in campaign promises, even from the people I happen to vote for. I'm certainly not losing any sleep over it.

It's cute how you neo-cons like to keep up this joke that everyone who voted for Obama idolizes and worships him, though. The nicknames like "Dear Leader" like he hadn't been basically a total pro big business president. It's amusing.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:58 AM

545 posts, read 400,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Look, even among the super rich set, only a small sliver buy yachts. So obviously only a few precious would-be buyers deciding not to buy one is gonna be felt throughout the industry.

For one, even if you CAN afford a yacht, its use is seasonal for the most part. Moreover, even it dock it chews up thousands of dollars. You can't compare that to owning a luxury car.

In any case, your assertion that this administration is hostile to business is bullsh*t, and you you can't really back it up regardless. Businesses are doing quite well...making more money than ever.

So you think nearly the whole yachting industry is held together by a few buyers? I am going to ask you to back that up and not yank that out of your narrow a**

And you said luxury items, you didn't specifically mention different types of luxury items, moving the goalpost isn't cute, so cut it.

What Small Business Wants From the Federal Government:

"that in the past 90 days the Obama administration has posted nearly 6,000 regulations and notices on its regulations.gov Website, or an average of 68 per day."

Thousands of regulations and notices isn't sending hostile currents through the business world?
You don't think "you didn't build that" isn't hostile?...You don't think "at some point you made enough money" isn't hostile?....The fact that you just assumed that I couldn't back it up just proves how far your head is shoved up your backside.

And of course businesses, especially multinational ones are doing well, has nothing to do with Obama or his administration, its them doing their business overseas and its going to continue to be that way given this admin just posted thousands of regulations and notices...not sure why you think Obama is "extremely business friendly"

Bottomline :

Coca-Cola CEO: Easier to Do Business in China

He said that “in many respects” it is now easier to do business in places like China, where “local governments are fighting for investments with each other." In the West, he complains, “we’re forgetting what really worked 20 years ago."

You know its bad when Red China is easier to work with then here...yeah "extremely business friendly"....sure kiddo...
My point is that for those who are whining about big biz doing their hiring and investing overseas need to tell Washington to get out of the way. But the re-election of Obama seems to say that you people didn't pay attention or simply didn't care or will somehow blame everyone else but yourselves for your own idiocy.

So typical of a ******* that just knows he is right, doesn't matter if there is proof, your feelings are enough.

Last edited by EricGold; 01-14-2013 at 01:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies