Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 06:58 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
That's your idea of evangelizing? Chasing someone down to give them a rude note that told them their life was wrong?

Wow. What ever happened to living a Christian life yourself thus being a good example of what He taught? And sharing the good news by talking with people about Him? Evangelizing is now running after people to hand them a disapproving note? Really? (He had the chance to talk with them while they were in his restaurant. He didn't do that. What he did do, however, was choose to do it outside his place of business. Gee, do you think maybe he was juuust smart enough to realize telling people they were sinful while they were having a turkey sandwich was bad for business?)
Yes, I thought evangelizing was about being the light of the world and living like Christ. Pretty sure neither of those things entail writing a nasty, hateful note in a cowardly fashion.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:00 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Default marketing future

I hope this guy gives up on running a restaurant and is hired by Wall Mart to head their marketing department. His preferences should improve their sales in Bible Thumper Central in a very satisfactory manner.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:09 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
You have a very twisted definition of love if you think making people feel like **** is a loving act.
You can't control how people receive your attempts to evangelize. Some are offended no matter what you do or say. Many are offended every time they hear "Jesus loves you". It is what it is.

This thread has really exposed the double standard of the LGBT supporters.

Look at all the smear and mockery people sling at Christians on this very thread. Those are designed to mock, insult and raise negative emotions, but the intent of the guy in question was not. He was telling these ladies that they needed to get saved, and they took offense like many unbelievers do because you are telling them they are lost. It is the truth, people are lost. I was lost, and I was offended when people mentioned it to me, but now I know they did it out of love.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-14-2013 at 07:20 AM..

Old 01-14-2013, 07:14 AM

Quote:
That's your idea of evangelizing? Chasing someone down to give them a rude note that told them their life was wrong?

Wow. What ever happened to living a Christian life yourself thus being a good example of what He taught? And sharing the good news by talking with people about Him? Evangelizing is now running after people to hand them a disapproving note? Really? (He had the chance to talk with them while they were in his restaurant. He didn't do that. What he did do, however, was choose to do it outside his place of business. Gee, do you think maybe he was juuust smart enough to realize telling people they were sinful while they were having a turkey sandwich was bad for business?)
Sharing your faith is evengalizing. I never said this guys approach is the only approach. He may have been clumsy about it, but you judging it as rude, is just your personal opinon.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:21 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Christine Cloud was not 'beaten up by gays'. She went into the San Francisco Castro area right after Prop 8 passed with a group of so-called "Christian missionaries". She had her Bible taken from her by one man and got smacked with it. The behavior of that one man was wrong, but trying to preach to gay people on their home turf after Prop 8 passed was deliberately provocative and insulting. And wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Pastor Beats Up Own Gay Son in Church

Pastor Beats Up Own Gay Son in Church - YouTube

Kill Gay People - North Carolina Pastor's Outrageous Sermon

Kill Gay People - North Carolina Pastor's Outrageous Sermon - YouTube

Old 01-14-2013, 07:22 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sharing your faith is evengalizing. I never said this guys approach is the only approach. He may have been clumsy about it, but you judging it as rude, is just your personal opinon.
Yep. Speaking as a Christian I think he was rude. Jesus didn't chase people down and pass them notes chastising them. I'll stick with Jesus on this one.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:34 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I would be polite and say thank you.

I certainly wouldn't consider them to be "rude".

They are just expressing their opinion.

I am expressing both my opinion and the truth.
In my opinion you are telling a lie about what you would do. It's also based on evidence of your posts in this forum.

You can thank me politely now.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Yep. Speaking as a Christian I think he was rude. Jesus didn't chase people down and pass them notes chastising them. I'll stick with Jesus on this one.
What do you know about this guy and his intentions? Nothing. You don't know his heart, and you don't know if he was only trying to share his faith. You DO NOT know that. You have judged his heart, and decided his intentions were evil, and then you proceeded to publicly humiliate and insult him.

Do you think Jesus wants you to do that? No, you are not sticking with Jesus on this one. No, you are sticking with the people who crucified Him, and murdered all but one apostle.

You are NOT speaking as a Christian. You are the accuser of the brethren.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:39 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Ironically:

The restaurant owner has long hair - which the Bible says is unnatural and shameful for a man.
He has tattoos and serves shellfish. An abomination!
He does business on the Sabbath. Against God's laws!
He was rude and inhospitable to strangers and guests- that's what got Sodom destroyed.
1. source?
2. only for Jews
3. only for Jews
4. that doesn't not apply to people who fragrantly flaunt their immoral behavior.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:46 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

You are NOT speaking as a Christian. You are the accuser of the brethren.
Yeah. I knew that was coming. As soon as a Christian who isn't a fundamentalist makes a statement the fundies don't like they get a finger shaken in their nose. I'm afraid you'll have to get in line behind a few people in the Christianity forum.

You know this man has a WONDERFUL opportunity with his restaurant. Where did Jesus meet with people? While eating. While sharing a meal. He could have literally followed Christ and shared with these women. He could have spread the gospel in a loving manner. Heck, it's a free country, he could turn his whole restaurant into a place where people can enjoy a meal and learn about the good news of Jesus Christ. Or just enjoy a good meal in a pleasant, welcoming atmosphere.

Unless making a profit is something the fundies also shake their finger at.

BTW: He didn't really tell them about Jesus, did he? He told them about what was bothering him. Their sexual orientation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies