Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 09:01 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,175,680 times

Advertisements

yeah..agree....I didnt read all 65 pages of this thread but were they, like, being kissy-huggy & hand-holdy in public? Or did they just LOOK like a lesbian couple....

Old 01-18-2013, 09:02 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Can you choose to believe 2+2=5.

No, you cannot choose to believe it. Either you believe it, or you don't. Same with faith.

Acting upon sexual desires is a choise though.
You just want us gays to turn into straight people? Why don't you try to be gay, if it is so easy to change ones orientation. Or do you think we should remain celebate for the sake of your bible and religion? No body should have to conform to some one elses beliefs or some one elses bible, that is tyranny.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:02 AM

18,383 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
If you knew Jesus , you woud understand that he gave his life for man's redemption ,by his obedience to his Father.
Evidently though relying on the teaching of men, many of you are ignorant of who Jesus realy is .
Secondly Id like to give you an anlaigy or parable as it were .
I ride a motorcycle most every day my primary transportation.
Often times I find my self behind some one in a car that has a dead tail light .
If I have the oppurtunity , I will find my way during a signal stop and pull up and notify the driver that he has a lite out , some know, most don't, and are very thankful .
There is no reward nor is it my job to do such a thing and I am some times at risk for doing it as well. Never the less having been a driver like most in cars and trucks I don't like fix it tickets , may be you do .
I can choose not to warn some one of a problem they are unaware of and let the law enforcment do their job.
If I were behind you and your brake lite was out , would you appreciate some one letting you know you have a problem ?
Or would you be offended ?
The fact that the man wrote a note ,according to what I read of it ,was not to offend, but in sincire concern for their future, from his perspective .
How would you like to walking around town with a bugger hanging from your nose and no one say a word to make you aware of it ,not even those you believed were friends ?
get real. a broken tail light a bugger is not the same thing (even done with love ) is not the same thing as some one telling some one else that they don't live their life right and need to find religion. it is rude. how would you like someone telling you the way you live is wrong (according to them) and you should go find another way to live your basic and fundamental right to live life as you choose? I doubt you would like it

Old 01-18-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
I agree. If I was a business owner I wouldn't mind serving homosexuals. But I wouldn't tolerate public affection at all.
I agree with you on public displays of affection, but holding hands is not a public display of affection. Hugging, kissing yes and I tell them, gay or straight, to get a motel room. I actually tell them that because it is rude and discourteous to be passionate in front of others.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
You didn't get it, did you

The point is that you cannot "choose" to believe anything. Either you believe, or you don't, but acting out on desires is obviously a choise. You can choose to act, or not act on it.
A person does to choose to be religious, they choose to believe in their bible and in god. Any one, straight or gay, makes the choice to have sex. But that is all, does not make it wrong.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:09 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,175,680 times
I think even holding hands is a bit much..

I know I'd feel very wary doing that in public with my partner. You really open yourself up to possible random abuse that way.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:09 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
I simply said the Gospel offends some people, and someone else replied by saying people are not offended by the message, but rather by people who bring the message. I pointed out that the "religious elite" in Israel was so offended by what Jesus was saying that they conspired to murder Him, which is exactly what happend. That's how the Jews were mentioned. Other than that, this whole thing has nothing to do with Jews, or Romans etc
That is not what you said.

Quote:
You asking me why you are offended? People, yes "religious" people like you (referring to Gizmo, who is Jewish), were offended by the teachings of Jesus Christ to a point where they murdered Him. Don't ask me, ask the devil, it's him doing it to you, not me.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:13 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
I think even holding hands is a bit much..

I know I'd feel very wary doing that in public with my partner. You really open yourself up to possible random abuse that way.
Why should you have to be fearful for doing something every other couple does? I live in the deep south, and (generally) don't have issues. The few times I have had issues, I simply told them it was none of their business. I refuse to live my life in fear.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
If you knew Jesus , you woud understand that he gave his life for man's redemption ,by his obedience to his Father.
Evidently though relying on the teaching of men, many of you are ignorant of who Jesus realy is .
Secondly Id like to give you an anlaigy or parable as it were .
I ride a motorcycle most every day my primary transportation.
Often times I find my self behind some one in a car that has a dead tail light .
If I have the oppurtunity , I will find my way during a signal stop and pull up and notify the driver that he has a lite out , some know, most don't, and are very thankful .
There is no reward nor is it my job to do such a thing and I am some times at risk for doing it as well. Never the less having been a driver like most in cars and trucks I don't like fix it tickets , may be you do .
I can choose not to warn some one of a problem they are unaware of and let the law enforcment do their job.
If I were behind you and your brake lite was out , would you appreciate some one letting you know you have a problem ?
Or would you be offended ?
The fact that the man wrote a note ,according to what I read of it ,was not to offend, but in sincire concern for their future, from his perspective .
How would you like to walking around town with a bugger hanging from your nose and no one say a word to make you aware of it ,not even those you believed were friends ?
Tremendous difference, Arleigh, a broken or out tail light is an infraction based on law affecting all of us and is unsafe, this business owner chose to impact these womens lives because he judged them based on his beliefs based on his bible. The bible is not law and using it to judge others is not love, it is HATE. He should have minded his own business.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
What do you think we are talking about? We are talking about whether or not a person can choose to believe in God, and the simple answer is no. It is not a matter of evidence, or supplying variables to "X" and "Y". You can provide evidence to mathematical arguments, and convince people to believe it, but even then it is not a matter of choice, it is a matter of agreeing because the evidence adds up. To say you still don't believe when the evidence is clear, would make you a liar. You can choose to be more open minded about issues, but that does not make you a believer in God.

Bottom line: You can't choose your beliefs, but you can choose your actions.
Of course one chooses to believe. If a child is not indocrinated to believe, it will not happen. One is not born believing in god. One is born gay or straight though, like one is born black, white, Asian or male or female, but one is not born believing in god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies