Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 07:56 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Or maybe he realizes his taxes are going up and cutting back to account for the loss.
Oh boy lol, people tipping less, everyone paying more taxes, middle class getting a small paycheck, printing presses going full steam. Are we having fun yet? Obama said he is coming after more of our money.

Just think! He's got 4 more years. Better buy a box on the corner because that's all you will be able to afford by the time he's done with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 07:58 PM

420 posts, read 335,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
You left out, "Spending more than all 43 presidents behind you, and, adding 6 trillion more dollars to
the debt".
True, but to be fair, the deficit has been reduced each of the last three years. It ballooned in 2009 because of the recession, and because the cost of the wars was calculated into the budget rather than as a supplemental.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Thank you Bush for cutting taxes while starting two wars and wildly increasing our entitlement spending with Medicare part D! You have have spent so much and added so much to our debt that we must now choose between educating our youth or providing healthcare for our senior citizens.
Thank you Obama for making it so dam easy that my dog could get a mortgage. Thank you for helping perpetuate the housing crash.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:01 PM

420 posts, read 335,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh boy lol, people tipping less, everyone paying more taxes, middle class getting a small paycheck, printing presses going full steam. Are we having fun yet? Obama said he is coming after more of our money.

Just think! He's got 4 more years. Better buy a box on the corner because that's all you will be able to afford by the time he's done with us.
That's why I have shares in ULINE!!

Old 01-12-2013, 08:03 PM

657 posts, read 695,715 times
Quote:
Thank you Obama for continuing those two wars, starting new ones, drone bombing civilians, killing American Citizens, bailing out banks, signing the NDAA with two provisions that allow for the indefinite detention of American citizens without due process, continuing a policy of torture and preemptive war, increasing the power of the PATRIOT Act, prosecuting more whistle blowers than all the other presidents combined, creating a win only system for the corporate insurance companies, having a cabinet comprised of mainly Wall Street.

You know, pretty much the exact same thing you disliked Bush for. Only difference is I dislike Bush also.
Here, let me help you...

Thank you Obama for letting me breath today. Oh so wonderfull Obama, thank you for letting me eat some food today. Thank you for letting me keep just a tiny bit of the purchasing power i earned while working in the coal mine to help feed my family of 6. Oh thank you sir for sending me my grandma's ocial security check which thanks to you, only buys a third of what it did just a few short years ago. Thank you sir for taking some of my hard earned purchasing power and having the sweet heart to give it to wealthy war mongers which only earn billions a year. Oh and those poor banks sir...ooohhh are they in pain, thank you for sending the part of my check to make sure they dont pay for their careless mistakes. Oh sir and even though i dont need healthcare, thanks for grabbing another piece and funneling it to healthcare companies that also only extort billions out of the government. Thank you for sending another chunk to banks to 'save' home owners, oh poor homeowners that only forgot to read the contract whenthey signed.

And the most painful, dear sir obama, the unions sir. Thank you for taking some of my check and sending it to them. The 15 tax hikes they bullied my rep to pass were just not enough for them. Poor souls only get to retire and head to florida at 40 while the rest of us are just too cheap and can't retire till 85, right before dying.

Thank you sir Obama. May the lord keep you on his thoughts oh so wonderful sir...

Old 01-12-2013, 08:04 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Yea, just like you thanked Bush for he the tax breaks he got you right? The tax breaks the Dems fought against but Bush got them for you and funny how hard you fought to keep them but did you thank Bush?
She did not make enought to thank bush, since the very wealthy reap the biggest benefits of his 10 year tax break for the wealthy. The people that you really should thank is that useless congress that can't manage to pull their heads out of norquist's butt

Old 01-12-2013, 08:05 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
No I shouldn't. Every dime of spending has to be paid back in taxes. He's added trillions to our debt, which will be paid back in taxes at a later date. Therefore I will be worse off in the long run due to the overspending by all those in Washington. Maybe next time I'll wake up and bow at the feet of my rulers thanking them for allowing me to keep money I've earned.
Without the borrowing that funded unemployment payments, stimulus spending and the social safety net, you would have been far worse off with the depression that was avoided, that may have cost you your job.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasotaBound1 View Post
Here, let me help you...

Thank you Obama for letting me breath today. Oh so wonderfull Obama, thank you for letting me eat some food today. Thank you for letting me keep just a tiny bit of the purchasing power i earned while working in the coal mine to help feed my family of 6.

Oh thank you sir for sending me my social security check which thanks to you, only buys a third of what it did just a few short years ago. Thank you sir for taking some of my hard earned purchasing power and having the sweet heart to give it to wealthy war mongers which only earn billions a year.

Oh and those poor banks sir...ooohhh are they in pain, thank you for sending the part of my check to make sure they dont pay for their careless mistakes. Oh sir and even though i dont need healthcare, thanks for grabbing another piece and funneling it to healthcare companies that also only extort billions out of the government.

Thank you for sending another chunk to banks to 'save' home owners, oh poor homeowners that only forgot to read the contract whenthey signed.

And the most painful, dear sir obama, the unions sir. Thank you for taking some of my check and sending it to them. The 15 tax hikes they bullied my rep to pass were just not enough for them. Poor souls only get to retire and head to florida at 40 while the rest of us are just too cheap and can't retire till 85, right before dying.

Thank you sir Obama. May the lord keep you on his thoughts oh so wonderful sir...
LOL so true but really not so funny. Hey at least he got his welfare harem. Oh and how they adore him, he must be so turned on all his power over the poor. And oh thank you sir for telling the productive Americans in this country they are bad, bad people, bad people. How dare you NOT depend on me "the man".

Old 01-12-2013, 08:13 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
LOL so true but really not so funny. Hey at least he got his welfare harem. Oh and how they adore him, he must be so turned on all his power over the poor. And oh thank you sir for telling the productive Americans in this country they are bad, bad people, bad people. How dare you NOT depend on me "the man".
Everyone who has money is productive, I guess thats why the wealthy changed their name to "job creators" to fool the countless number of rubes that actually beloieve that BS!

Old 01-12-2013, 08:15 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,592,679 times
Quote:
Wonder if I didn't get a raise because my evil "rich" boss got his taxes jacked up? And no I don't work for some huge corporation
So you mean your evil rich boss appropriated $40 of your alleged raise so he could increase his income and pay more in his taxes to evil Obama? Your boss should pay himself $1/year salary and give away the rest to the peons like yourself in order to beat Obama' tax hike and starve the beast at last. Suggest him this patriotic idea and keep us posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies