Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 08:19 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,713,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Everyone who has money is productive, I guess thats why the wealthy changed their name to "job creators" to fool the countless number of rubes that actually beloieve that BS!
People on welfare have money... My money and they don't know what productive means. And either you are one of them or is the guy who owns the company you work for a poor man?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 08:30 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,312,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
People on welfare have money... My money and they don't know what productive means. And either you are one of them or is the guy who owns the company you work for a poor man?
Nope, not poor enough to get social welfare, not rich enough to get corperate welfare either, but smart enough to know that wealthy media types are manipulating people to turn on all of the less fortunate by using a few bad examples to prove their point.

Btw, I'm one of those people that your mentors praised until they had no more use from them and turned against them.................the military who came home

Old 01-12-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Nope, not poor enough to get social welfare, not rich enough to get corperate welfare either, but smart enough to know that wealthy media types are manipulating people to turn on all of the less fortunate by using a few bad examples to prove their point.

Btw, I'm one of those people that your mentors praised until they had no more use from them and turned against them.................the military who came home
My mentors and who is that? Where did you serve?

I have to agree with you on that except for one thing. Obama and the rich media told untruths about hard working business people too. They have them grouped in with the warren buffets of the world and big bankers and that is far from the truth. So it seems both middle and people who climbed up a little are getting the brunt of Obama's class warfare.

Btw, I'm one of those people. I wish I were a big banker or warren buffet though. Obama is taking away the American dream. People are too damn easy to manipulate.

So much "so called" concern for the poor who got greedy. That is why I have no respect for welfare lifers. They take out of the buckets of people who really do deserve more which by the way are the people who came home.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:52 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,959,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Wonder if I didn't get a raise because my evil "rich" boss got his taxes jacked up? And no I don't work for some huge corporation
My recent raise was several times the size of the FICA change, back to its normal rate.

You might want to ask your boss about your performance.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
My recent raise was several times the size of the FICA change, back to its normal rate.

You might want to ask your boss about your performance.
Imagine if you didn't have "pay one more dime in taxes" like Obama promised and got your raise too. Now if you could only get another raise to make up for the value your money will lose with Obama printing all that money.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:56 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,516,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Wonder if I didn't get a raise because my evil "rich" boss got his taxes jacked up? And no I don't work for some huge corporation
Get used to it. There will be more coming down the pike. However, increased taxes would happen regardless of who is in the white house. What pisses me off is that no effort is being made to balance the budget. Knowing that we're still running up the debt AND paying more in taxes is a kick in the head.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Imagine if you didn't have "pay one more dime in taxes" like Obama promised and got your raise too. Now if you could only get another raise to make up for the value your money will lose with Obama printing all that money.
I don't need it, at all. As we speak, I am booking my next 2 vacations, having taken 2 between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Having gotten far larger bonuses from 2009-2012 than any prior 4 year period as my corp also had a record 4 years. Having seen my 401k soar the last 2 years.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I don't need it, at all. As we speak, I am booking my next 2 vacations, having taken 2 between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Having gotten far larger bonuses from 2009-2012 than any prior 4 year period. Having seen my 401k soar the last 2 years.
LOL, me too

Old 01-12-2013, 09:04 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,312,526 times
Quote:
My mentors and who is that? Where did you serve?

I have to agree with you on that except for one thing. Obama and the rich media told untruths about hard working business people too. They have them grouped in with the warren buffets of the world and big bankers and that is far from the truth. So it seems both middle and people who climbed up a little are getting the brunt of Obama's class warfare.

Btw, I'm one of those people. I wish I were a big banker or warren buffet though. Obama is taking away the American dream. People are too damn easy to manipulate.

So much "so called" concern for the poor who got greedy. That is why I have no respect for welfare lifers. They take out of the buckets of people who really do deserve more which by the way are the people who came home.

Texas, Virgina and PSAB

Yeah, I don't doubt it but they all are manipulating the American people to lean one way or another. Beleive it or not I'm not that great of an Obama fan, but I will defend him when waranted against some of the things that less knowledgable people post and those who just hate him for no real apparent reason.

It is not just Obama that is messing it up for everybody, the Congress and Senate and not to mention the Supremes have alot to do with it as well.

As a income maintenance worker, unfortunately I have to agree with you. There are some people that milk the system but they are few compared to those who rather work. I mentioned before that the way the system is set up it is hard to get off welfare when there are no jobs in your area and you still have to pay for childcare and transportation. A woman with one child gets 152.00 a month in cash and around 200.00 in food stamps, which is not a hell of money compared to the money corperations are getting that some of them really don't need. What makes me mad personally is that those (teaparty types) were directed their anger at the less fortunate with a wide brush at the direction of the koch brothers.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:04 PM

The DJ is rocking, most corps are healthier than they have been for years, a pithy 2% is much ado about nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies