Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 08:37 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
He's voted straight Republican all of his life, and just started voting Dem in 2008. Just like with most voters, I'm sure that the conversion was gradual. People DO change their minds. Look at Ronald Reagan.
Conversion goes both ways. I remember being a Dr Spock reading, Chris Matthews watching, MSNBC watching, my-boys-won't-play-with-toy-guns declaring, granola eating, hug-a-neighbor organizing........person.

You live long enough, work hard enough, see enough injustice and corruption, see enough evil and danger in the world, see enough evil and danger in the country, realize you're running faster and faster just to stay in place, realize how many users and abusers there are around you, watch your children get old enough to head out into the real world without you, and all of sudden you forget the words to the song Kumbaya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 08:39 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Another black who hates America and hates white people. He was supposedly at one time a stand up guy. Now is is an angry, racist N word...
He gets no respect because he has earned none....
A lifetime of obedience down the drain.

He was a GOOD soldier.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:39 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Obama was only a bit player until they got behind him to run for president. Heck, he only voted present many times when he was Senator. Not yes or no, just present.
If you are going to be critical you should at least be critical of the correct thing. He did vote Present at times while in the Illinois State Senate, not as a U.S Senator.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:44 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Man, the hate filled bigots of the right are sure out in force in this thread. No wonder blacks, hispanics, and even Asian Americans don't vote for you racists.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:32 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Man, the hate filled bigots of the right are sure out in force in this thread. No wonder blacks, hispanics, and even Asian Americans don't vote for you racists.
The Republicans that claim they're not racist actually turn a blind ear to these things. I would defiantly not sit silent if the Democrat leaders were full of racist...

Old 01-15-2013, 10:34 AM

691 posts, read 771,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
If you are going to be critical you should at least be critical of the correct thing. He did vote Present at times while in the Illinois State Senate, not as a U.S Senator.

Only because he was not in the US Senate long enough to hide from any unpopular votes.

Old 01-15-2013, 10:38 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The Republicans that claim they're not racist actually turn a blind ear to these things. I would defiantly not sit silent if the Democrat leaders were full of racist...
Democrats are closet racists...they have them too... You are an utter fool to think that the Democrats ideology reflects their personal convictions anymore than the Toyota salesmans opinion on the Prius' aesthetics that he is about to put you in.

Whatever closes the deal.....

It's 2013, and people still don't understand politics, lol...

Old 01-15-2013, 10:50 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Your that blind?

Old 01-15-2013, 11:06 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Democrats are closet racists...they have them too... You are an utter fool to think that the Democrats ideology reflects their personal convictions anymore than the Toyota salesmans opinion on the Prius' aesthetics that he is about to put you in.

Whatever closes the deal.....

It's 2013, and people still don't understand politics, lol...
Sarah Palin is clearly a bigoted racist, she held a position of authority in the Republican Party, she has a history of marginalizing minorities as governor, and she panders to the racist portion of the Republican Party. But wait there’s more! Her actions are being defended by a group of conservatives that say TA DA… it is not racist.

What this comes down to if a Democrat had a track record of disenfranchising minorities and then all of the sudden they use racist code words/phrases, I would defiantly not support them. I would actually call them out… But it seems the opposite happens with many conservatives…

My argument was never that there isn’t any racist in the Democrat Party but that when/if racism comes to light those officials/candidates are chastised and cast out... Try holding your representatives to the same high standards…

Old 01-15-2013, 11:16 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Sarah Palin is clearly a bigoted racist, she held a position of authority in the Republican Party, she has a history of marginalizing minorities as governor, and she panders to the racist portion of the Republican Party. But wait there’s more! Her actions are being defended by a group of conservatives that say TA DA… it is not racist.

What this comes down to if a Democrat had a track record of disenfranchising minorities and then all of the sudden they use racist code words/phrases, I would defiantly not support them. I would actually call them out… But it seems the opposite happens with many conservatives…

My argument was never that there isn’t any racist in the Democrat Party but that when/if racism comes to light those officials/candidates are chastised and cast out... Try holding your representatives to the same high standards…
A racist in a position in authority is quite scary, because said person could do horrible things.

I haven't heard many Republicans call out racist politicians either. Makes one wonder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies