Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 07:17 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
wait, so you are saying this person tried to rob a house where he knew there were guns ?????

Doesnt that contradict the conservative logic of "guns stop criminals" ????
You're not very bright i take it.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 07:18 PM

25,842 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Why would they target a house with a gun if the gun makes the residents so safe from burglars? Doesn't make any sense.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Apparently the criminal was trying to steal the gun. Are you one of those working under the mistaken impression that the gun will fire itself if nobody is home?
So you're saying that someone actually has to be home manning the gun to protect the house?

Ok, seems like a security system makes more sense.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:22 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
So you're saying that someone actually has to be home manning the gun to protect the house?

It's not the house, it's the people in the house.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:22 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,027,560 times
I never understood why people rob banks,they only have money

Old 01-13-2013, 07:25 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
The paper should be sued, the individuals who decided it was a good idea should be sued - and fired.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:25 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

I don't own a firearm to protect my house, I own one to protect my family and myself. Considering that the average response time when a security system goes off is somewhere in excess of 3 minutes, I'll not wait, thank you very much.

As for what's in the house, as long as we're not home I don't care if they take it. Objects can be replaced, but my children can't.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Apparently the criminal was trying to steal the gun. Are you one of those working under the mistaken impression that the gun will fire itself if nobody is home?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
No he didnt realize people actually work and have to leave there home to do so. So they leave their gun at times unsupervised. At that time if their gun gets gunnapped its a case for the side of a gallon of milk!
Not sure what jim's argument actually is other than sarcasm, but conservatives have said that since this came out, people not on that list would be robbed and the exact opposite happened.

mike, You can play stupid all you want.

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
wait, so you are saying this person tried to rob a house where he knew there were guns ?????

Doesnt that contradict the conservative logic of "guns stop criminals" ????
No, because unlike the idiot liberals who think guns are magic objects who kill on their own conservatives know that guns are just a tool.

Do you expect seat belts to make cars 100% safe too?

Quote:
I don't own a firearm to protect my house, I own one to protect my family and myself. Considering that the average response time when a security system goes off is somewhere in excess of 3 minutes, I'll not wait, thank you very much.

As for what's in the house, as long as we're not home I don't care if they take it. Objects can be replaced, but my children can't.
What do you think the chances of someone actually invading your home to harm your children are?

And what are the chances of you forgetting to lock that gun up someday and your children finding it?

You may say you will never do it, every single father or mother with a kid who accidentally shot themself or a friend or a sibling always says that. Always.

About a month ago in Minneapolis. A 4 year old shot his 2 year old brother. Dad had a trigger lock and a safe. Had a permit, was a responsible gun owner by all accounts.

Now one child is dead, the other is damaged forever. He has vowed never to own a gun again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies