Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 07:30 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
You're not very bright i take it.......
I was thinking the same of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
No, because unlike the idiot liberals who think guns are magic objects who kill on their own conservatives know that guns are just a tool.

Do you expect seat belts to make cars 100% safe too?

i dont know a single liberal that believes that BS in the first line, You are probably thinking of one of Eastwood's invisible liberals.

and no, i dont think they make a car 100% safe, but maybe cons on this site should stop talking in absolutes and then we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:35 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,027,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What do you think the chances of someone actually invading your home to harm your children are?

And what are the chances of you forgetting to lock that gun up someday and your children finding it?

You may say you will never do it, every single father or mother with a kid who accidentally shot themself or a friend or a sibling always says that. Always.

About a month ago in Minneapolis. A 4 year old shot his 2 year old brother. Dad had a trigger lock and a safe. Had a permit, was a responsible gun owner by all accounts.

Now one child is dead, the other is damaged forever. He has vowed never to own a gun again.
well I hope his name and address never show up on some sleezy newspaper map saying so.easy pickins for the bad guys

Old 01-13-2013, 07:39 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I was thinking the same of you.

It all depends on what they want.

If they want to steal guns, the list provides addresses where guns may be stolen.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:42 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times
Quote:
What do you think the chances of someone actually invading your home to harm your children are?
About the same as someone's chances of winning the jackpot in the lottery. Yet, people still play the lottery every week, don't they? On the other hand, I've already had 2 incidents while working where if I hadn't had a firearm on me I would more than likely have been beaten to death or stabbed for my tools and what money I had on me. I've already posted the details on this forum twice, so feel free to search my post history if you want to know more.

Quote:
And what are the chances of you forgetting to lock that gun up someday and your children finding it?
A lot less likely than my home being invaded. And, on the off chance that my children did see a firearm sitting out somewhere, they've already been taught to immediately leave the area and find either myself or their mother. We've done drills with a "dummy" gun (which they did not know was fake), we've reinforced the lesson over and over, and we've made sure that they understand how dangerous firearms are. My father was a police officer, my uncle was a police officer, my father-in-law was a police officer, and my best friend is a police officer. Firearms safety is the rule in our house, and not just something we talk about.

Quote:
You may say you will never do it, every single father or mother with a kid who accidentally shot themself or a friend or a sibling always says that. Always.
Nope, I won't say I'll never do it. Nobody can logically say that they'll never do anything. What I can say is that I will do everything in my power to make sure it doesn't happen, and that we have prepared our family with the knowledge of what to do in the unlikely event that it does.

Quote:
About a month ago in Minneapolis. A 4 year old shot his 2 year old brother. Dad had a trigger lock and a safe. Had a permit, was a responsible gun owner by all accounts.

Now one child is dead, the other is damaged forever. He has vowed never to own a gun again.
I feel sorry for him and his family, and I wish that we lived in a world where firearms were totally unnecessary. Unfortunately, the world we live in is not perfect, nor is it likely to ever be perfect, due to the fallible nature of humanity. I respect that father's choice not to own a firearm, and I hope he eventually comes to grip with the tragedy of what happened.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:46 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It all depends on what they want.

If they want to steal guns, the list provides addresses where guns may be stolen.
Considering the value of firearms these days, I cannot think of anything more valuable to steal that is so small. Unless, of course, they are storing bars of silver or gold, or have valuable jewelry in their home. A firearm would definitely be high on the list of things to steal. Particularly when the thief knows nobody is at home.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:46 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
The newspaper published public information. Suing them would turn the plaintiff into a laughingstock.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:51 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,027,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The newspaper published public information. Suing them would turn the plaintiff into a laughingstock.
Does that make what this paper did right to you? I think it was wrong. they were looking to stir the pot and suceeded. imature idiots. just cause you can pee in the wind do you?

Old 01-13-2013, 07:52 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No need to sue them, their inane decision is already costing them lots of money and their employees now live in fear.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:31 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
wait, so you are saying this person tried to rob a house where he knew there were guns ?????

Doesnt that contradict the conservative logic of "guns stop criminals" ????
No actually it backs up conservative logic that guns don't kill people, people kill people. Those guns probably didn't even blink an eye when that home invasion took place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies