Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 10:55 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,169,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Again, good try. But no cee-gar. And whether it does or doesn't isnt the point. You are trying to steer this into a ditch. It isn't a matter of what I want to happen. It is a matter of what the out of control federal government is doing. And it is a collision course with disaster.

Like former Treasury Secretary William Simon once said (paraphrased:

Washington spending policies can be compared to a runaway passenger train going full speed downhill, while those who run the train are living it up in the diner and bar car ...
No, what you are doing is trying to scream "fire" when their is no fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 10:55 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,477 times
Well, Georgia, apparently, is ready for war.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:07 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,603,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No, what you are doing is trying to scream "fire" when their is no fire.
You must be paranoid. Do you fear the Constitution and the limited powers granted to the federal government? As in, they might not be broad enough?

You can roll your eyes until they roll like marbles onto the floor, but irony and sophomoric attempts at sarcasm, don't change anything The federal government is out of control. It is in the hand of megalomanics and multitudes of bureacrats and a runaway money printing system...

That is not screaming fire, it is wondering what will eventually put the damn thing out...

But anyway, time to hit the sack. Enjoyed the discussion/debate. Have a good one!

Last edited by TexasReb; 01-14-2013 at 11:17 PM..

Old 01-14-2013, 11:09 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Well, Georgia, apparently, is ready for war.
And Georgia will get a boot up their ass, I just hope they spare Savannah, to hell with the rest.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:13 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Civil war’s a-brewin’

Lets see how many posts we can get before someone with no intention of actually discussing the thread disrupts it with oh my look at the source....
Yawn.

You know what will happen if new gun control passes?

Not a damn thing, save for a lot of bitching. Just like before, you'll sit down, complain about it, but ultimately deal with it. No civil war wet dream for you.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:14 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,250,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
And Georgia will get a boot up their ass, I just hope they spare Savannah, to hell with the rest.
So I guess you would enjoy seeing Atlanta leveled to the ground and Homeland Security arresting/slaughtering anyone who doesn't swear allegiance to Obama. Such great, caring people you liberals are.

I am against civil war period and I doubt most liberals would be willing to fight to keep a region of the country they hate with passion in the Union. I think a peaceful breakup of this country is more likely.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
You must be paranoid. Do you fear the Constitution and the limited powers granted to the federal government? As in, they might not be broad enough?

You can roll your eyes until they roll like marbles onto the floor, but irony and sophomoric attempts at sarcasm, don't change anything...
Nope, not the one who is afraid of my government or wanting to secede from it. Actually I am a huge supporter of our Constitution but also understand it was meant to be a foundation document, not a ceiling document.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
So I guess you would enjoy seeing Atlanta leveled to the ground and Homeland Security arresting/slaughtering anyone who doesn't swear allegiance to Obama. Such great, caring people you liberals are.

I am against civil war period and I doubt most liberals would be willing to fight to keep a region of the country they hate with passion in the Union. I think a peaceful breakup of this country is more likely.
Atlanta should be leveled for being a poorly designed city.

7,943 posts, read 17,250,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Atlanta should be leveled for being a poorly designed city.
Don't like it? Don't live there.

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post

So did a lot of confederates, how well did that go over.

You guys will not secede, get over it. You will lose like you did last time and it will not be pleasant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies