Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 05:53 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
What you want me to say? I think the link is right. A civil war is brewing but this time its gonna be the states vs the tyrannical feds not the south vs the north.

This time, they won't have slavery to blame it on.

Even though slavery was abolished way after the civil war was over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 05:55 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This time, they won't have slavery to blame it on.

Even though slavery was abolished way after the civil war was over.
Yep, this time it will just be blamed on laziness, tv, and the internet cause none of you guys are gonna be rising up...heck, I would even bet money on it that nothing from all this internet ranting is gonna result in anything.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:36 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,927,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
According to the paranoid right, civil war is always right around the corner
I'm more on the center, and I think a break up is coming. A war isn't going to happen. People will just start to realize we can't function anymore as one country.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:02 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
The meme I hear on a lot of websites is "ok, them rednecks/hilbillies can try it and get stomped by the US Military".

I think the idea of a "war" between a treasonous group and the US sounds laughable. Well, laughable in the way that many are spelling it out.........as in a vastly inferior force going
head-to-head with a much stronger and better equipped military.

I think if things keep going the way they are in this country.......more and more bitter hatered between the two sides......we could have something that resembles a "civil war".

The type of war that I see as most likely happening.....would come down to mainly acts much like Timothy Mcveigh committed.........occuring on a regular basis. A non-linear/guerilla war involving ied's, massive attacks on infastructure, assassination of key persons including politicians, cyber-attacks, hit and run attacks on military targets........and on and on and on.

The country could be permanently changed in ways most could only imaging...if thousands were willing to act against the US Government in a violent manner.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:25 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,572,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
The meme I hear on a lot of websites is "ok, them rednecks/hilbillies can try it and get stomped by the US Military".
And by the expeditionary forces of the Peoples Republic, protecting their investment. Veracruz, anyone?

Old 01-17-2013, 07:39 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
I'm more on the center, and I think a break up is coming. A war isn't going to happen. People will just start to realize we can't function anymore as one country.
Oh, we can. We just need to break the GOP's gerrymandering so that the will of the people can actually be put into effect. There is a reason the GOP is trying to rig elections and prevent citizens from voting and it isn't because they think they have a winning argument or even the majority of the people on their side. I have confidence that despite the GOPs attempts to thwart Democracy that Democracy and the rule of law will win.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:04 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,927,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Oh, we can. We just need to break the GOP's gerrymandering so that the will of the people can actually be put into effect. There is a reason the GOP is trying to rig elections and prevent citizens from voting and it isn't because they think they have a winning argument or even the majority of the people on their side. I have confidence that despite the GOPs attempts to thwart Democracy that Democracy and the rule of law will win.

Good luck with your quest to end gerrymandering. Isn't going to happen, ever. The GOP control more state house govt's than the Democrats. And both parties have a stake in it. Our society just gets more and more corrupt and the parties further and further apart. No solution but an amicable divorce. You, and the vast majority of Americans will come to realize it sooner rather than later. 20 yrs ago no one mentioned breaking the USA up. Now, it is all over the internet, and more and more people are starting to think about it.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:11 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,523 times
Could have sworn there was suppose to be a civil war after Obama won the first time............

Old 01-17-2013, 02:16 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Civil war’s a-brewin’

Lets see how many posts we can get before someone with no intention of actually discussing the thread disrupts it with oh my look at the source....
big talk coming from a north carolinian, one of the most liberal, big-government states in the south.

maybe your libertarian, anarchist rebellion should start with the NCGOP.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/01/...he-people.html

Old 01-17-2013, 02:17 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,572,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Could have sworn there was suppose to be a civil war after Obama won the first time............
There was. It ended with the Battle of FBI Raid. The rebels are still appealing their sentences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies