Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 08:23 PM

769 posts, read 1,006,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
I don't care what you think.
Cared enough to respond though.

Have fun living in your paranoid and insane universe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 08:24 PM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I love armchair revolutionaries. They talk all big about starting conflict, and have no guts when it comes to actually doing it.
Those who think big don't feel the need to talk big.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:24 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,430 times
I don't drink coffee.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:25 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,513,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicosal13 View Post
Utter BS. The only people who care about gun rights are white males in the southern states. Hunters and games-men who use guns as a hobby, are another white segment.

Even if they were forced to turn in their gins they would DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT IT. They are browbeaten and broken. When they fought against blacks getting voting rights in the south, it didnt take but a few years to brake their back in half and turn the Klan against each other.

When white males, fought to keep segregation in schools, by creating, districts, busing busted their backs. When white males in the south used religion to their cause like abortion and gay marriage, in their face , gay marriage and roe v wade was forced on them

When white males fought against Interracial marriage, their own women fought them!

White males are broke...........if deeply held religious beliefs being trampled on didn't make them rise up DO YOU REALLY THINK GUNS ARE GOING TO DO IT? lol./

At this point anything we would like of white males we get. Whether it be top positions in companies with no experience, mass American citizenship to 12 million illegals, or your very wives and daughters........we will get. We have completely broken the will to fight of white males. Taking away their mossbergs, barrettas, winstons and remingtons ain't going to change a dam thing!
That's a lot of blanket statements! I'm a dark-skinned minorty, an atheist and a Leftist. I'm a gun owner and I fully support the 2nd Amendment.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:33 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
Cared enough to respond though.

Have fun living in your paranoid and insane universe
Will do. Enjoy living with your head in the sand thinking everything is OK.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:40 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times
I think both sides here have some growing up to do; if the tensions beteen the two poles of our political spectrum ever became too divisive to bear, a respectful divorce in the manner of the Czecks and Slovaks, or the Norse and Swedes (well over a century ago, BTW) would be the obvious answer. There would also be an issue of how to handle states like Pennsylvania, Ohio and Virginia, where the division is relatively even and the contrasts sharp.

The only part of the process which would make me extremely uneasy would be the emergence of a group determined to keep another group of similar size in the Union against their will. That, to me, suggests a group holding unfair advantage via the mechansm of the state's (government's) legal monopoly on the use of force. and unwilling to relinquish it.

But we're a very long way from any such foolhardiness, and if it ever came to pass, I suspect that a counter-movement for re-unification would not take long to develop.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:41 PM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
No, there is no civil war brewing. Right-wingers lost big in 2012 and macho talk about civil war is their version of intellectual masturbation to occupy their time.
Spoken like a true Soviet citizen in 1989. In 1988 who would have ever guessed?

It won't be Grant vs Lee with flags waving the next civil war will be one where nothing gets done due to a total lack of cooperation between anyone.

Unless you want to be North Korea government can not govern without the consent of the majority and by majority I am not talking 51% vs 49% in rigged elections and polls.

it will simply cease to function and collapse under its own weight.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:42 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
I don't drink coffee.
You don't have to like it, you just have to smell it.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:44 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Spoken like a true Soviet citizen in 1989. In 1988 who would have ever guessed?
And the Soviet Union... the entire eastern block collapsed due to what armed uprising? Funny how I could have missed that story.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:47 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
I see that this thread has become as productive as I expected it to be.

[totally decaf]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies