Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 03:08 PM

687 posts, read 1,377,448 times

Advertisements

For starters this makes no sense because nobody - not even Biden - is talking about banning actual ammo. Banning high cap magazine has nothing to do with being able to buy the ammo.

I think the real story is that Walmart doesn't want to order any ammo now because the wholesale price has shot way up and they fear that once the panic is over and prices drop they will be stuck with ammo that is selling for less retail than they paid wholesale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 03:13 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,715,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoooka View Post
In preparation of possible new legislation Wal mart has suspended sales and new orders on ammunition.
It's just a PR move.

Wal-Mart did the same thing before when they had a store manager murdered in Poway, CA who was trying to stop a guy who had stolen a gun. The thief loaded it and shot the manager. They stopped gun sales in the store for awhile, but restarted them after awhile.

Customer Shoots, Kills Wal-Mart Store Manager in Argument Over Gun

Old 01-14-2013, 03:17 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
For Wal Mart to have done this, there must be sound business reasons. They have been in on much of the gun control discussions after all.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:19 PM

[quote=lionking;27761314This WILL come back to burn them, oh how their cries will be running the next election.[/quote]

LOL! How? All the radical gun owners voted Republican in 2008 and 2012, and each time they found out what being in the minority at the polling booth feels like.

This will not change ANY votes. Only swing votes matter. The rest are locked in stone.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:20 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundman View Post
For starters this makes no sense because nobody - not even Biden - is talking about banning actual ammo. Banning high cap magazine has nothing to do with being able to buy the ammo.

I think the real story is that Walmart doesn't want to order any ammo now because the wholesale price has shot way up and they fear that once the panic is over and prices drop they will be stuck with ammo that is selling for less retail than they paid wholesale.
Yeah, it really doesn't make any sense, at all.

I'm going with your theory.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:24 PM

651 posts, read 705,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Yeah, it really doesn't make any sense, at all.

I'm going with your theory.
I also think that is a very sound reason, and at the same time they can say that they are the thoughful ones waiting till the gun laws have been seatled. Kill two birds with one AR.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:25 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I'd say its time to boycott Wal Mart, although there are a myriad other places where you can buy ammunition. Or people will be forced to buy it online. People want it, people will sell it, people will buy it. The whole thing sounds kind of stupid. Wal mart might rethink its stance when they see the money they lose in sales.
Nice song and dance from the White House, although once again it runs counter to what the people want. But thats par for the course with this fraud.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:30 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,715,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
For Wal Mart to have done this, there must be sound business reasons. They have been in on much of the gun control discussions after all.
Right. They fear adverse PR that could impact other sales in the stores. So they curry some PR favor by suspending ammo now and will later recommence when the furor dies down some.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'd say its time to boycott Wal Mart.
Thanks for reminding me. I need to buy groceries there on the way home.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:36 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
LOL! How? All the radical gun owners voted Republican in 2008 and 2012, and each time they found out what being in the minority at the polling booth feels like.

This will not change ANY votes. Only swing votes matter. The rest are locked in stone.
There wasn't any intense real time legislation being considered not to mention executive orders. That changes things and will make more who might not have voted before come out and vote. I can tell you that I have voted 3rd party lately BUT I will vote republican if it punishes democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies