Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 07:13 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,121,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
and he probably just threw in the Obama jacket thing for effect.
Now I know for sure your an Obama supporter...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 07:14 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,900,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Visit Mass...and I'll show you...
My family is from Mass, and I go there at least once a year... what exactly are you planning to show us? I'll look you up the next time I visit, and we'll see what great revelation you can provide.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Now I know for sure your an Obama supporter...
Just because you think you know something, that doesn't make it so... I was a Johnson supporter, and not sure how my comment would prove otherwise. Do only Obama supporters think people can lie??

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-15-2013 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: snarky comment

Old 01-15-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
My family is from Mass, and I go there at least once a year... what exactly are you planning to show us? I'll look you up the next time I visit, and we'll see what great revelation you can provide.
just visit...Roxbury, Dorchester, Mattapan, Randolph and Brockton..

BTW...Just a little advice...it would be wise on your part to carry a concealed weapon...you see i'm not bad guy..worried about your safety...

Old 01-15-2013, 07:18 PM

630 posts, read 1,264,349 times
Quote:
As my wife and I struggle to pay the monthly mortgage and our daughter's college, I'm left wondering why others don't have to be responsible for their own lives.

I was at the supermarket this past weekend, and was in line behind two full shopping carts full of racks of ribs, tenderloins, pork chops, soda, a ton of junk food, ribeyes, and a tons of other stuff totaling out to over $800. As she paid with her EBT card, I couldn’t help but wonder what it feels like to be able to buy as much top dollar food as you want with redistributed money of others, or if that would even cross the mind.

Does our current system give people any reason to stop taking advantage, stop having kids they can’t pay for, to be thankful for what they are given, or encourage them to get off the system to support their own existence? I’m talking about the leaches, not the vets, retirees, or handicapped, so keep that in mind.

Save the BS, I don’t feel like arguing about how heartless I am or people who are critical of our failed systems are. I don’t need to hear sad stories, I’ve experienced my own. I just want to know what you think about our welfare system, and its contribution to our entitlement society and the debt.

Is there any hope for our society or have we finally lost the country to the "give me free stuff crowd"..
You sir, are low hanging fruit for the Republican party. All they have to do is prattle off some hate speech about handouts destroying this country and you'll run to the ballot box to vote for them faster than you can say "welfare queen." Am I right?

Meanwhile you ignore the fact that oil companies, huge corporations and millionaires are using tax loopholes and getting massive tax breaks thanks to the party that supposedly thinks everybody should pay their fair share.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Meanwhile you ignore the fact that oil companies, huge corporations and millionaires are using tax loopholes and getting massive tax breaks thanks to the party that supposedly thinks everybody should pay their fair share.
Oh...you mean like Obama's crony capitalism...

Old 01-15-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
You obviously missed the point...The family has to be responsible and live within their means...Its ticks me off when you have these leeches typical Obama supporters spending tax payer's dollars like drunken sailors..
Oh, so only Obama voters collect federal welfare dollars? Tell that to the trailer park in my town that had five Romney signs in front of it.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Oh...you mean like Obama's crony capitalism...
I can really tell that you're an expert in politics and economics since you rebutted my claim so thoroughly with your razor sharp "crony capitalism" comeback. It was flawless.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Oh, so only Obama voters collect federal welfare dollars? Tell that to the trailer park in my town that had five Romney signs in front of it
Whether thats true or not...one thing for sure...since Obama has been in office we now have a record of citizens on food stamps...and no end in sight...

Old 01-15-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
just visit...Roxbury, Dorchester, Mattapan, Randolph and Brockton..

BTW...Just a little advice...it would be wise on your part to carry a concealed weapon...you see i'm not bad guy..worried about your safety...
I'm not too worried... I've lived and worked in much worse neighborhoods, I'm sure. Ever heard of Hunter's Point (SF), East Palo Alto, Oakland, Richmond CA?? Survived those towns just fine without a gun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies